Anyone who's made new unit sprites.. - ...for the myth 'verse... :nudges Iron:

Talk about anything here.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Welly wrote:Will: you made a cavalry unit? sure it would fit in! if it's not on a map thats available anymore, could you send it my way?
It can be found in Freedom II.
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

id like a copy of the dirigible please Keystonereds@yahoo.com
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
Welly

Post by Welly »

A-Red wrote:It can be found in Freedom II.
Ahh A-Red, I can't find it in the udogs hl indexes, plus the Myth Map Atlas doesn't seem to have any actual download links to it (just the readme for Freedom 1). Could you return the dirigible favor and toss me freedom II? :;):

Btw Floyd, I've been trying to send you the plugin, but both my emails are being impossibly annoying. I'm going to restart and try again in a matter of seconds.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Welly wrote:
A-Red wrote:It can be found in Freedom II.
Ahh A-Red, I can't find it in the udogs hl indexes, plus the Myth Map Atlas doesn't seem to have any actual download links to it (just the readme for Freedom 1). Could you return the dirigible favor and toss me freedom II? :;):

Btw Floyd, I've been trying to send you the plugin, but both my emails are being impossibly annoying. I'm going to restart and try again in a matter of seconds.
http://hl.udogs.net/files....0II.sit
Welly

Post by Welly »

[quote="A-Red"][/quote]
Will Wallet: by golly of course that goes on my list. Very nice work on that collection, it's fantastic!

I can't wait to play this (not sure when I'll find the time but it will happen some weekend, soonâ„¢).

Thanks for the link A-Red, I would never have thought to look in someone's drop box :;):

Back to my new unit fetish: the Paladine and the Illusionist are from SotB right? I took a quick look in Amber, and besides those two and the horseman, the other units appear to be directly derived from M2SB sprites. Since I don't know when I'll play this campaign, could you tell me if I've missed any brand spankin new units?

Floyd is Pink, I can't seem to email attachments tonight. A-red, if you're reading this, could you forward Floyd the stuff I sent you?
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

there was some plugin, i think called gambit which had a nice warlock unit called Illusionist, summoned stygian knights. i wanted to use him in my plugin but couldnt contact that guy so i didnt...
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I suppose a dwarf zeppelin would count as being in the 'Myth verse', right? We know they use 'em and they've been in all kinds of plugins in various capacities.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Man Soulblaster could make quite a list, his map hes working on has a lot of scavenged units in it.
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

ey i got your unit both from you and a-red, thanks for that.

i like this unit, just wished it had walking sequences. that would make my day

i like your blood effect too. this unit should be gory, the attacks are fun to play with, but i wouldnt use it in any serious-type plugin, (if it was a player unit) because its just a bit too powerful.

but goodjob pulling this out of tfl! thanks for sending it and i will notify you if i would like to use this unit!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hey guys, this doesn't count but since this is a thread about units:

http://www.angelfire.com/creep/clan_mccoolness/news.htm

I coloured in the old Watcher bitmap. Whaddya think? I tell you what I think, I think I'm going to make Cid make a unit out of him yet.
Welly

Post by Welly »

replies for Floyds, Willy Wally's, and Gleep's posts:

yes Floyd, Gambit does have the Illusionist... a bald guy used nowhere else (to my knowledge) actually made by Wod'asini, the same guy who made those watcher sprites (for Sandman's "Bahl'al") you were looking for Willy. Wod is still around, I think...

Willy, does the zepelin you mentioned before have moving wings and no dwarves (the one in Taliesin Downs by Demos and / or Giant) or no wings and a crew of dwarves inside (used in RotD; which I had found on HL awhile back and made a unit out of its 1 sequence:D)? Both are on my list.

Btw Willy, another Watcher, one based on the TFL sprites, would be colossally SWEET. I doubt if there is anyone in the Myth community who can ever get his fill of the Watcher.

Floyd, I'm glad you like the dirg. I can tone it down of course, primarily by making a less powerful special, and giving it a much more vulnerable object tag (more easily killed). Let me know what you would want changed and I will update him for ya.

Gleep...

Guest wrote:Man Soulblaster could make quite a list, his map hes working on has a lot of scavenged units in it.

Now you've got my attention gleep :D Any website or contact information where I could find out about it? I have a goodly amount of scavenged things but no expected release plans anymore.

Maybe I could just shift over to SB's project or something. Then I can make my master list of units, so complete and unabridged, that we will all have to avert our eyes from its terrible magnificence! Muhahah!...

maniacal laughter continues unabated for fifteen minutes
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Heheh I like your style Welly. And you are most correct - The Watcher is timeless, I don't see how anyone could get enough of 'im.

EDIT *
As for the zeppelins - the one I was thinking of was definitely the one that appears on ROTD. However I do recall the older one you mentioned, it had slipped my mind.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

But I think the real reason IronDuke didn't make a one-armed Watcher was that he didn't know which arm to lop off

*loves the Myth Legends and Lore page*
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Thanks for the link - I updated the Map Atlas to have dl links for both Freedom I & II.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Welly wrote:Gambit does have the Illusionist... a bald guy used nowhere else (to my knowledge) actually made by Wod'asini, the same guy who made those watcher sprites (for Sandman's "Bahl'al") you were looking for Willy. Wod is still around, I think...

Just dled Gambit to check this guy out, and I recognize him. He also appeared in the last released beta of The Great War as the main villain ("TIM"). I believe Wod was the unit modeller for that project, and in addition to TIM he created a neat pirate unit (intended for the pirates of Leix), which would also fit quite well on your list.

A-Red