Trow Iron Warrior - Work in Progress (800x600) Pictures

Talk about anything here.
lank

Post by lank »

soulytfs, you might want to make the texture details simpler and less fine, otherwise it'll possibly end up looking like a sparkly blob in the shape of a hammer-wielding humanoid. especially on smaller screen resolutions like mine. :)

nice looking model, zeph. :)
*toot*
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

This is a close up with lots of details, no light and the like.

Trow WIP 3

And this is ingame size of what he should look like. Also included is the HUE color.

Also doing secret thing with secret person for secret surprise. May come soon.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Here's some presents which hopefully might help:

Trow 1
Trow 2
Trow 3
Trow 4
Trow 5
Trow 6
Trow 7
Trow 8
Trow 9
Trow 10
Trow 11

WIRE

MODEL

TEXTURE
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

These are the actual models rendered in Cinema 4D.

I added the pink HUE colors since it was included in the trow model I had.

I also found that in the folder, I dont know what it is, looks like an elite fat trow of death :) Anyways, It was never used in mythIII, probably because it's ugly?

I'm now begining the process of rigging up the trow model for animation.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

That unused Trow model is ugly... if a few things were changed it might be decent but the Iron Trow look great. Using the Iron Trow on a map or at least having them as enemies would be great.... and yet frightful. :O
floyd

Post by floyd »

in myth 2, is it possible to have the walking style iron trows had in m3? they took huge slow steps, and was in place in between steps. this is not possible in m2 is it? wouldnt a unit 'slide' on one foot if the animation was made for those big steps? (i am not saying an iron trow shouldnt be put in m2, just wondering about the walk sequences and if anyones thought about it, but i could be all out wrong)

great model. how long do u think the rest of the process would take, zeph?
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

you are right, you cant have units "stand" in places when they walk, they'd just slide on their foot.

The process should take 1 or 2 weeks depending on my spare time and all. Considering I have a few big projects for school due next week, i'd say 2 weeks, if not more ;)

Someone else might be doing the tag work though so it all depends how fast I can animate him.

As a side note, I now have him completely ready for animation.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Well if Zeph is remaking the Iron Trow for Myth2 he just has to not give them the same walking sequence... making it more fluid. As for the tags for it, Zeph... you mean all the Fear stuff for the monster,projectiles,etc?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Keep it up! (both of you!)
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Soulytfs_1

Post by Soulytfs_1 »

Guest wrote:you are right, you cant have units "stand" in places when they walk, they'd just slide on their foot.

The process should take 1 or 2 weeks depending on my spare time and all. Considering I have a few big projects for school due next week, i'd say 2 weeks, if not more ;)

Someone else might be doing the tag work though so it all depends how fast I can animate him.

As a side note, I now have him completely ready for animation.
Wish i had the right tools, myne will take atleast a month to make ...the way im doing it
:angry:
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

And 'that someone' doing tag work is me. I've built an Iron Trow set in Myth 2 with an altered trow as the placeholder until we put in the new textures and such. I tested it on a map and there are no glitches so far.

What is done / imported:
- Sounds
- Collection reference
- Flavors, names, string lists
- Object tag with matching M3 settings
- Monster tag with matching settings (minus attacks)
- Unit tag

What's still needed:
- Collection (obiviously)
- Projectile & Projectile Group pieces (with correct stuff)
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

m3 trow walk speed will have to be lowered by 30% i think and the trade value might have to be set to 36 or 48
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

It is possible to have trow stop in his walking. You'd have to do some counteranimation(nice word there. Basically the sequences of the walk need to show the trow sliding backward while he 'stops' to counter the sliding forward.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

That fat trow looks awesome. Someone rig it up and make a unit out of it. :P

I mean, in the TFL comics, the trow DID have swords. I think that would be awesome.

Awesome. Or give the model to me so I can fumble with it. I mean make it into a Myth unit.

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Here are some animation. Keep in mind that the animation is WAY too fast because its going at 30fps and there are like 10 frames in each :) Just play it slomo or move the playbar yourself. Whatever, enjoy.

Trow Bash
Trow Walk