How do I use overhead map to move units?

Talk about anything here.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

William Wallet wrote:Cid once pointed it out to me that when we (I don't know about the rest of you) play Myth, it's like we're delivering high speed Morse Code on the mouse button. When I order men around I constantly tap the damn thing, trying to figure out exactly where it is I want them to go.

This is less a 'strategy' and more a compulsion that I never really thought about. Still.
Yeah, I was recording myself playing Myth for someone on Bungie.net (I didn't think while I was filming it that the little move markers would appear) and I watched it afterward and there's a whole lotta movement going down. There's about 5 clicks per second average, and the camera... well, when I watched it afterward I could hardly keep up with what was happening, I was moving the camera that much.

I guess Myth is some sort of semi-awareness. Becoming one with the game. :P
-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro wrote:To deselect units you could just make a box with no units in them. I find right-clicking good for any long range units... way better than deselecting. But then again it's what I became used to.
Another way to deselect all units is to hit the enter-key twice. First hit selects all units on the screen, second de-selects 'em.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.