Updates for People with problems in 1.5.1 - Get your 1.5.1c here

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
father mac

Post by father mac »

its like i said, before 1.5.1 i could host easy for 16, afterwards, i can't,
Father Mac
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

why? what goes wrong for you? how many can you host for? What machine are you running on btw? What video mode etc? And have you updated to the latest builds mentioned earlier in this thread?

The more info you give us the more chance we can help. Just saying your host is screwed doesn't give us anything much to go on.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Perhaps he's having the same problem as Chazo?

Assuming you are (getting a firewalled host error):

the first thing I'd check is software firewalls, make sure if you're running any, that myth is designated as a trusted program in whatever way your software firewall does that.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
father mac

Post by father mac »

Im on a dual 2 ghz g5, and no im not fw'd , but now i can barely host for 12, im on the highest res possible with openGL and 3d fog, and yes i've updated to the latest builds.
Father Mac
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

I think he is saying it gets laggy when he hosts for more than 12 people.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

That's the way it sounds given his latest post..

Perhaps the computer is under more load than it was previously?

Have you tried turning down that resolution a little bit? Maybe a different rendering option? Or perhaps checking/unchecking some of the other options like view underwater objects and yeild CPU (or whatever it's called these days).

Also, if your video card has otions that can be set outside of myth (as many do) you might want to make sure that it's not set to maximum super high quality at the cost of performance, for example, 4x anti-aliasing can cause a real strain on most cards.

Is it possible something else changed at the same time that you updated? have you tried using a previous version to confirm that it still allows you to host big games without lag? Obviously this would be difficult as getting people to downgrade to help you test probably won't be easy.

Lots of things can change, for example, a new routing path for packets leaving your ISP, or if you're on cable, perhaps more customers in your neighbourhood have joined and are eating up all that available bandwidth. The more we can eliminate, the better our chances of finding the real problem.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Another possibility is background applications like AIM, antivirus programs, or whatever else, try disabling anything like that which you currently have running and see if your problem is resolved.
KyleMaclean.net
Slinx

Post by Slinx »

Whenever I alt-tab during a game, by my choice or by a virus scan running in the background, I come back to find that I can no longer read the text, for it is all messed up.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

try alt tabbing out and back in again, this has been a long standing problem with myth and windows 2000 (and maybe windows XP too).

sometimes alt tabbing out and back in again will fix it, sometimes not.
KyleMaclean.net
Slinx

Post by Slinx »

Been doing so and sometimes it works.
Happen to be on Win 2000 also.
However I do not recall this happening before the new patch.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

It deffinately happened to both myself and my brother from 1.3 to 1.4.x
KyleMaclean.net
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

I downloaded the 1.5.1 patch installer, and went through the installation process. The installer said installation complete and I thought everything was working until I tried to join a game. all the games are red and when I attempt to join them it says game data doesn't match. I am running on OSX and this is the only problem I have.
Here is my myth log:
2005-06-24 14:56:57
Myth II Build 234 running under MacOS 1039 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
PlayMyth v1.2.1
PMI_WWII Theme
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
CIK

Post by CIK »

You are running 1.5. Trying running the 1.5.1 updater again and make sure you run the Myth 1.5.1 app, I believe the install leaves 1.5 around just to keep the natives happy.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

It didn't leave a 1.5.1 application. Just a 1.5 one. I tested it multiple times through multiple downloads and got the same results.
CIK

Post by CIK »

What link are you using to download it from? Also what's the name of the downloaded file?