TFL Maps that are NOT in the Magma TFL Pack

Talk about anything here.
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Heh, a fan of Fisj's contributions I see, Iron :) Mention Torp to CP: the sound of an avalanche in the background is his face dropping - "No! Not the Pumpkin!"

I had a flick through my old GFA1 CD. You covered off all the goodies, but there were some personal oddities I enjoyed.

Bob's Moon Waffles :)
Blunt Force Trauma
And Arataxus Laughed
The first Magma coops: Flight II, Ambush II and Forest II
Voracious Rabbits Pool Party
Unity 2's Proving Grounds (The FFA TFL tutorial map)

There were two betas i liked, but I can't remember what they were called. The file names are coibeta.gor and love2b3.gor.

-Oro

PS. It's "A calling Ktulu"... and did anyone figure out how to use those rather ineffective submarine duffs?
Baak

Post by Baak »

Torp! Torp! Torp!

What was eggs.gor? Green eggs & ham? Any good? :)
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Oroboros wrote: There were two betas i liked, but I can't remember what they were called. The file names are coibeta.gor and love2b3.gor.
carnage on ice and love on the mountain top
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

There was a beta (I think) of Ktulu on mythforums or someplace as far as I remember.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Baak wrote: What was eggs.gor? Green eggs & ham? Any good? :)
Green Eggs & Ham was pretty good, but not so hot for ball or BC games. It's a "Walk from the country to fight in the village" type of map (like Raisin Barn, or Willow Creek solo), only the village is on high ground, with restricted access through roadways.

I kept thinking it would be a good solo map.

I wouldn't call it a core map to port... But it is a nice creation.

-Oro
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

PrplPplEater wrote: Was the stock TFL map The Dire Marsh ever ported?? The Dark variant of that was always a favorite FFA of mine.
If it does get ported, I insist that there continues to be a zerk stuck in the north west! Bungie missed this quirk in three updates so obviously it's a design feature. Don't mess with tradition.

Though it might be nice to add an extra zerk in the north west, to even things up.

-Oro
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

heh, its already in the TFL multipack Oro, complete with the stuck zerk ;)

Keep the suggestions coming, this is good :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Cool - I continue to excel in my role as Chief Ignorer.

I think you might have enough suggestions :) MB you, PPE and tox narrow down the selection.

Let me know if you need incidental music or pre-game screens.... I'll prolly need reminding what the dimensions and color depth are though (238? 240? 256? bleh...)

-Oro
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Oroboros wrote:...MB you, PPE and tox narrow down the selection....
Don't narrow Torpidinium out!
or Wights of Passage, I tell you that was a great assassin variation on that map. Ingenious.
But especially don't weed Torp out, pretty please :)
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Frumius wrote: But especially don't weed Torp out, pretty please :)
Little chance of that :)

Fisj was/is a legend (and a kiwi :)) and whenever he released a map, he topped himself in scriptology.

If I had a Yeti was one of the first 3rd party maps that (get this) didn't crash TFL.

Wights of Passage (WoP) featured wights that were invisible on the overhead. But even if the wights were normal, it's a very replay-able map.

Torpidinium has significant historical value - The easter egg was a cute addition, but the real crack for Torp was the first use of world knots in a 3rd party map. It was a little buggy, but by-n-large, they worked.

I think it was the first Assassin game built too, but... I think I may be guilty of a little 'transference' here...

-Oro
Last edited by Oroboros on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Oroboros wrote:ignificant historical value - The easter egg was a cute addition, but the real crack for Torp was the first use of world knots in a 3rd party map...I think it was the first Assassin game built too, but... I think I may be guilty of a little 'transference' here...
-Oro
I don't recall Assassin on Torpidinium, but I do think you might be confusing it with Wights of Passage, which had that unique Assassin variation where if you lost your Assassin target, all of your remaining units' health went very red. I loved that! You could still survive and maybe pull something off, but you were lunch to just about anyone who happened by. I want that back somehow...
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Torp has assassin. As to whether or not it was the first, I figure Oro is a good enough bet right? Unless its mojito night...

-DA
Baak

Post by Baak »

Frumius wrote:I don't recall Assassin on Torpidinium, but I do think you might be confusing it with Wights of Passage, which had that unique Assassin variation where if you lost your Assassin target, all of your remaining units' health went very red. I loved that! You could still survive and maybe pull something off, but you were lunch to just about anyone who happened by. I want that back somehow...
I think it's time for Frumius' first map! You can script that! :D
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Death's Avatar wrote:As to whether or not it was the first, I figure Oro is a good enough bet right?-DA
HELL no... We're talking 7 years ago, DA.

I think Frumius is right - WoP had Assassin, and Fisj built Yeti, WoP and Torp in that order. But Torp also had Assassin.

-Oro
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Oroboros wrote: I had a flick through my old GFA1 CD. You covered off all the goodies, but there were some personal oddities I enjoyed.

Bob's Moon Waffles :)
Blunt Force Trauma
And Arataxus Laughed
The first Magma coops: Flight II, Ambush II and Forest II
Voracious Rabbits Pool Party
Unity 2's Proving Grounds (The FFA TFL tutorial map)
I haven't checked lately, but there used to be a Myth II port of a couple of Voracious Rabbits' maps called 'VR Map Pack for M2' which was on uDogs. According to the readme it included an M2 version of VR Pool Party.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.