What maps would YOU like to see detail textured?

Talk about anything here.
juliocpaes

Re: What maps would YOU like to see detail textured?

Post by juliocpaes »

finally managed to apply a texture to a basic plugin for testing.
but the texture was not showing up because I was missing a detail:
Open GL ", then click the box titled" Landscape Textures. ")

ok now...I managed with sucess. :D

Julio
Last edited by juliocpaes on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cydonian

Post by Cydonian »

Jon God wrote: Heya Cydonian, didn't meant to peg you as someone who didn't share, I would totally respect it if you never shared any of your models, because you put the work in, and it's up to you to do what you want with them. Sorry if the post came out sounding otherwise.

Also, as for compatibility, Mythers are quite adapt at learning old software, as the original Myth II models are in Alias Studio Tools format, which sounds pretty much like what you just described. :)

It's up to you, but I am sure someone would be able to get the models up to speed, and make some higher res renders. If not, it's always fun to see the models up close, and see how much detail/effort has been put in (In my opinion at least).
Hi Jon. No, I wasn't offended and didn't want to sound defensive, I just wanted to explain why I hadn't distributed the models. I'll try to go through my files sometime and post a download link of model/texture/animation/choreography files. If someone can make it work, cool!
-Cyd
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

i am holding out hope for a hi-rez Worlds Collide tagset.

i find it amazing how many times that map has been played by ooh over the years. not over and over again all night long, it's more like an after-dinner mint of maps, after a typical night of dwarf on dwarf violence and medieval-themed mayhem spiced with rockets and trebuchets and dangerous bacon, just when you are feeling burnt out at the same old thing, WorldsCollide is the perfect thing to cleanse the Myth palate.

wait... wait, can we get Bushido too?
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Cyd, check your email, I sent ya something :-)
Road

Post by Road »

Cydonian wrote:
Jon God wrote: Heya Cydonian, didn't meant to peg you as someone who didn't share, I would totally respect it if you never shared any of your models, because you put the work in, and it's up to you to do what you want with them. Sorry if the post came out sounding otherwise.

Also, as for compatibility, Mythers are quite adapt at learning old software, as the original Myth II models are in Alias Studio Tools format, which sounds pretty much like what you just described. :)

It's up to you, but I am sure someone would be able to get the models up to speed, and make some higher res renders. If not, it's always fun to see the models up close, and see how much detail/effort has been put in (In my opinion at least).
Hi Jon. No, I wasn't offended and didn't want to sound defensive, I just wanted to explain why I hadn't distributed the models. I'll try to go through my files sometime and post a download link of model/texture/animation/choreography files. If someone can make it work, cool!
-Cyd
If anyone did want to check it out I believe this is the link to the application that was being used: http://www.hash.com/
It looks like a pretty cool application. If worse came to worse you could always use a OBJ model and work it in Maya or 3Dmax and then use a 3rd party program to make the bones to be used in another program... Unless the texture can be exported to a common file type that may be an issue :P
I do hate it when an update makes older models unusable or partially usable to where you think there is a chance it may work...lol
Cydonian

Post by Cydonian »

Road wrote: If anyone did want to check it out I believe this is the link to the application that was being used: http://www.hash.com/
It looks like a pretty cool application. If worse came to worse you could always use a OBJ model and work it in Maya or 3Dmax and then use a 3rd party program to make the bones to be used in another program... Unless the texture can be exported to a common file type that may be an issue :P
I do hate it when an update makes older models unusable or partially usable to where you think there is a chance it may work...lol
That's the one, and it was version 8.5p I was using at the time. There are many obstacles to just exporting my model files to any other format. Hash's patches don't always convert properly to polygons; the skeletons don't export at all, so my animations would be lost; the textures are applied differently in Hash (not polygonal UV mapping) so a lot of re-texturing would be necessary; material properties (which I used in place of image maps for base colors) do not export at all, etc etc. To work in another software package/file format, I'm pretty sure it would be easier to start over than to try to make these models work or convert. It's way more work than I think it's worth just to get higher-resolution renders of the same crappy models.

Honestly, I always felt that I was much better at animating than modeling, and someone else could easily make better models. I don't really have any special pride in the models, and I don't see the point in using them at all if it became necessary to redo the animation. I feel that units produced this way would not be any kind of 'high-res version' of my work if they're not my animations.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

finally managed to apply a texture to a basic plugin for testing.
but the texture was not showing up because I was missing a detail:
Open GL ", then click the box titled" Landscape Textures. ")

ok now...I managed with sucess. :D

Julio