Myth II 1.8.0 Final

Talk about anything here.
capital

Re: Myth II 1.8.0 Final

Post by capital »

Melekor wrote:You're spamming clicks into the UI to confuse it and make it do something it isn't supposed to do. That's practically the definition of an exploit.

Why do you need to load multiple non-tagset plugins? What are you trying to accomplish?

THIS IS NOT A BUG. You have made a bug with 1.8 by now crashing myth. I routinely use the fast switch back and forth for testing and for creating coops on multi maps, your 1.8 has completely altered this ability that has been a part of MYTH since 1997.

I have maps that can use feature sets that are in other non tagsets. procluding their use is major departure from prior Myth versions ability.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

capital wrote:
Melekor wrote:You're spamming clicks into the UI to confuse it and make it do something it isn't supposed to do. That's practically the definition of an exploit.

Why do you need to load multiple non-tagset plugins? What are you trying to accomplish?

THIS IS NOT A BUG. You have made a bug with 1.8 by now crashing myth. I routinely use the fast switch back and forth for testing and for creating coops on multi maps, your 1.8 has completely altered this ability that has been a part of MYTH since 1997.

I have maps that can use feature sets that are in other non tagsets. procluding their use is major departure from prior Myth versions ability.
Well, good job for not raising the issue until we released 1.8. Now you'll just have to live with it until the next update. Next time, maybe try the public betas.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

capital wrote:has completely altered this ability that has been a part of MYTH since 1997.
Yeah, that doesn't make it not a bug. Strangely, every change that has ever been made in a patch has been a change to something... weird how that works.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

punkUser wrote:
GodzFire wrote: I could make this case on the Saved Games change.
And in doing so you would further demonstrate your innate ability to completely ignore all valid reasons (by plugging your ears no doubt) that account for how it works in all modern games in favor of your own - clearly more important than all of that - relatively insignificant use case. Don't pretend we didn't already talk about this - and all the other stuff you complain about - at length on hotline.

But please, go ahead and prove how useless it is to have an adult discussion about this with you again...
Except it's been that way since the start of the Myth series in 1997, over 15 years. It's been that way for Myth 1, Myth 2, and Myth 3. All this time, no one has ever complained about how it was done because that's how it was sorted, and it made sense; name your save how you want it to show up in the list.

Now, you have taken 15+ years of organization, and thrown in out the window, and not giving any kind of alternative for those, like me, who have everything there organized by name instead of a date.

That said, I have no issues if you can click on something to switch between sorting methods. Would that be an agreeable compromise, which should be okay for both parties?
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

GodzFire wrote: Except it's been that way since the start of the Myth series in 1997, over 15 years.
God I'm talking to a wall, I knew it.

I'm totally out of this thread and any more like it. But thanks for demonstrating 1000% what I was saying :S
capital

Post by capital »

Myrd wrote:
Well, good job for not raising the issue until we released 1.8. Now you'll just have to live with it until the next update. Next time, maybe try the public betas.

Same response from Melekor when i reported other things when i came back from being away many months to comment.

No sense in reporting things if you guys always take it as dig against the build whereby you think that I am trying to foil your plans of perfect release by stating things I only discover recently. My emphasis is solely in reiterating that it is not a bug. but the UI changes have made some problems for using plugins and prior functionalities. I will no longer trouble you with reports as I fail at it.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

capital wrote:THIS IS NOT A BUG. You have made a bug with 1.8 by now crashing myth. I routinely use the fast switch back and forth for testing and for creating coops on multi maps, your 1.8 has completely altered this ability that has been a part of MYTH since 1997.
You're not really suggesting that bungie intentionally added something to check if you are holding the down arrow while clicking as fast as possible on the checkbox... are you? I can tell you there isn't anything like that in the code, the effect is an emergent property of the UI logic. I'm still trying to figure out how it works, but my guess is that it's probably just a fluke that it didn't crash before.
capital wrote:I have maps that can use feature sets that are in other non tagsets. procluding their use is major departure from prior Myth versions ability.
Hmm. Yeah, I know there are a small number of plugins out there that work this way, but they should be quite rare as the mapset+tagset has been the standard way to do it for a long time. (Also, if they were common, this issue would have come up at least once in the last *2 years* during which 1.8 hasn't loaded multiple mapsets - that was one of the first changes made in 1.8)

Anyways if you have a specific plugin in mind, let us know and we should be able to create a mapset+tagset version of it pretty easily.
capital wrote:
Myrd wrote:

Same response from Melekor when i reported other things when i came back from being away many months to comment.
Lol, well.. it just seems amazingly coincidental.. and does again. But I apologize if I made wrong assumptions about you.
No sense in reporting things if you guys always take it as dig against the build whereby you think that I am trying to foil your plans of perfect release by stating things I only discover recently. My emphasis is solely in reiterating that it is not a bug. but the UI changes have made some problems for using plugins and prior functionalities. I will no longer trouble you with reports as I fail at it.
No that's no good.. Please continue to report bugs. It would be nice if you could be a little more friendly though, all of your reports come across as kinda angry and hostile.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Melekor wrote:It would be nice if you could be a little more friendly though, all of your reports come across as kinda angry and hostile.
Yeah, I think this is why Mel/Myrd reply to you the way they do, Capital. Like that one post of yours in one of the public betas when you went off in a rant about some bug that did not exist in 1.8.0 but you thought it was because the fix was not mentioned. Just leave the rage out. Feedback is always wanted, not the rage though.
capital

Post by capital »

Pyro wrote:
Melekor wrote:It would be nice if you could be a little more friendly though, all of your reports come across as kinda angry and hostile.
Yeah, I think this is why Mel/Myrd reply to you the way they do, Capital. Like that one post of yours in one of the public betas when you went off in a rant about some bug that did not exist in 1.8.0 but you thought it was because the fix was not mentioned. Just leave the rage out. Feedback is always wanted, not the rage though.

There is absolutely nothing in my recent posts to this thread that even border on rage or anger.

That so called rant was due to there being NO documentation bullets points of the fix had been made in the public release notes at the time. P.S. many of the other points in that original so called rant had issues that were hashed and rehashed many times to no avail. or were already told in the past, essentially the post was stating past reports that didn't seem to be addressed. You also do realize that certain ppl have engaged in name calling directed at me but I have not said anything directed at anyone, I have addressed my issues related to THE MYTH CODE-Game Play. But people think seeing issues with the code is a problem with them.

You also do realize that CHANGING core operating principles of myth that have existed since 97 is something that will raise issues with people's existing preferences. AGAIN, NOT WITH YOU, BUT WITH THE GAME.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

capital wrote:
Multiplayer checkbox "Allow Old Clients". If unchecked, players on previous versions of the game won't be able to join.
bad, bad, bad idea. More segregation of a dwindling game.

Still no fixes for canonical, and historically relevant games Clue: Knife in the Dark & Myth Chess. Bad.

Decrease in performance on ATI Radeon 9600 graphics w/o disabling opengl. bad.

No update to vTFL patch TFL tagset to correct bugs mentioned in thread on this site. bad.
Ending every sentence with bad. Bad.

Just one example of a hostile sounding report from you.. your use of ALL CAPS tends to come off as ANGRY as well.

Anyways.. can't we just get along? Do you have anything to say to my long post above where I tried to constructively address your concerns?
capital

Post by capital »

Melekor wrote:
Ending every sentence with bad. Bad.

Just one example of a hostile sounding report from you.. your use of ALL CAPS tends to come off as ANGRY as well.

Anyways.. can't we just get along? Do you have anything to say to my long post above where I tried to constructively address your concerns?
Your claims of me being so called non-constructive and angry are disingenuous since you know I have come on to hotline to further chat with you and others about the issues with bugs. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to report problems since you have your mind set on to make this discussion about me, calling me names and saying a UI change that eliminates game logic since 97 is okay. In your quest to make the code perfect, you will lose what makes myth, Myth. And in doing so, lose players of MYTH.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Yes, you went on hotline, but did so after being repeatedly asked to give additional info. Over and over. You even avoided it over some dispute you had. No one has called you any names. Just because something has been around since 97 doesn't mean it should stay or that it would get noticed if it were removed. Many things have been around since then and still get changed or fixed.

Have feedback? That is always welcomed. But don't claim anyone here has their minds set while you have yours set about something that you believe is being done to you that is not.
capital

Post by capital »

Pyro, what a bunch of nonsense.

Look at the thread:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=6240

Actually read it, your memory of events is flawed.

Again your reply is more discussion about me, why? I guess to not really address the issue about MYTH. I am done, bye.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

capital wrote:Again your reply is more discussion about me, why? I guess to not really address the issue about MYTH.
The way you reacted towards Myrd's earlier reply is why. To explain to you why some people have replied to you in this fashion. You brought it up first, so that's why. Yes, I know how that thread went, but again... you caused it by your first post there. If you reply in a rude way, don't be surprised if some people will reply back in the same way you started.

The issue has been noted. You were heard. The devs can't fix the build that is out. So, what exactly are you wanting to be addressed if there is nothing to be done at this moment?
capital

Post by capital »

It is not what I want there are things some of you have said that are untrue and hypberbolic. You are putting the cart before the horse, in Myrd's reply. Crikey, Every time I find a bug these days you jump on me for not finding it sooner, guess what, I REPORT IT AS SOON AS I FIND IT. Also, I have made MANY bug reports over the years since 1.4, MANY too many to list, as recently as the release the linux build I had provided a large array of reports. I am no longer reporting anything anymore, as people insist on making commentary about me, and why I have I not brought up bugs before and painting my bug reports as trying to sabotage the release, what a bunch rot.

Speaking of sabotaging, the vTFL game play has been subverted by the attack of teammates keyboard clicking code added that should not be in there, but has persisted since 1.4.

As far as can been seen from the DEV replies, it seems like they rather keep the new behaviour. AND you will. I give up, it ain't worth it, everything I write is twisted to your perverse meaning.