Anyone who's made new unit sprites.. - ...for the myth 'verse... :nudges Iron:

Talk about anything here.
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

where could i get my hands on the latest THE GREAT WAR beta? i remember seeing screenshots and such.. could you post it on hotline or something?

if iron didnt know which arm to chop off, he could have just flipped it in fear (left hand fraction %) and he would have to hold his weapon in the other hand

whats this bahl'al project? was another watcher unit made? could i get this from someone?

welly, thanks, ill let you know when i get into using him but it will be a long while. ive got football season going right now nad it takes up alot. we play our rival school tomorrow! wish us luck everyone!
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Actually kinda wonderig that myself. :oO

I know the version I have isnt the latest version I was werking on before going AWOL and a couple PC meltdowns ago.

Im sure its on HL somewhere, I just havent looked that hard for it yet.

It was still a ways from being finished, CB was walking me thru things as I fixed, modified, finished the maps that werent done.

Anyways . . .

GL, HF, Die well.[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Actually, at the time the Watcher fought Mazz he had two arms :p
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

yeah, what iron said, i was gonna say that too. dont know why i didnt
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

The Great War beta can be found on this page. I found the link at maps.mything.org, which is ironic because usually i can't find links to anything there. The file you want is "TGW b7."

Clicking on the link just gives you a page with funny symbols. Try right-clicking and "save link as".

A-Red

EDIT: :does a double take: Ghost, did you just say you were finishing TGW?
Welly

Post by Welly »

A-Red wrote:
Welly wrote:Gambit does have the Illusionist... a bald guy used nowhere else (to my knowledge) actually made by Wod'asini, the same guy who made those watcher sprites (for Sandman's "Bahl'al") you were looking for Willy. Wod is still around, I think...

Just dled Gambit to check this guy out, and I recognize him. He also appeared in the last released beta of The Great War as the main villain ("TIM"). I believe Wod was the unit modeller for that project, and in addition to TIM he created a neat pirate unit (intended for the pirates of Leix), which would also fit quite well on your list.

A-Red

A-red thanks for that pirate mention... this is exactly the kind of info I need to write up as complete a list as possible.

Also, guys.. that link to TGW B7 doesn't include the read me... someone wrote a readme in a .sit file of it which I have, which ironically is much smaller than that gzip without the readme.

So does that mean .sit makes smaller compressions than a .gzip of the exact same file?

I have posted an extremely tiny excerpt from the readme right here:

Level 6:

scripted by Blambi, colormapped by Blambi. Ignore this level. It had been going through a re-colormapping stage because the first one sucked, and the new colormap featured a completely new design and level layout. The theme persisted, but really this level has little to do with what was intended to be released in its place. That said, you can play about the first 1/4 of this level if you don't try to break stuff.

Level 7:

scripted by no one, colormapped by Phish. The big finish. Dams bursting, monsters that grabbed your units and pulled them screaming into deep water, cave-ins, and evil spiders. It was all meant to be, but unfortunately very little/none of it is. This is included only for those who are curious, there is absolutely nothing to play.

Ghost, what did you mean before when you said you were working on TGW? were you the guy who brought it up to b7? if not, are there plans to actually make the whole thing as it was meant to be?
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Ghost, what did you mean before when you said you were working on TGW? were you the guy who brought it up to b7? if not, are there plans to actually make the whole thing as it was meant to be?
TGW b7 is what CoM released, was lost, then refound. What I have/had was never released to anyone but CyberBob, and at that, I think only the first 2 or 3 levels. iirc I had the first 3 or 4 levels cleaned, fixed, and completed and was a good ways into the level 5 before I fell off the face of Myth.

I guess I should get off my lazy arse and do a complete search of my back up disks and HL and see if what I had started can still be found or if it was truly lost in my one of my HD meltdowns.[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Bahl'al was a Smiths of Muirthemne/IronDuke/whatever project wasn't it? I remember hearing about it once after trawling through the Smiths forum a couple of years back. In any case it was long before I arrived.

EDIT

"Actually, at the time the Watcher fought Mazz he had two arms :p"

Nobody understands me! I was actually just poking fun at the fact that The Watcher supposedly bit off one of his arms to break free, yet it's always the other arm that is always shown as seperated. Hence my mention of the Story Page... :D
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

It was indeed a Smiths project by Sandman, using the Watcher unit that wod'asini created. He was a very good colormapper but I don't think the scripting of the levels went very far.

Btw ... go swans! :D
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

HAHAHAHHAH! Yeah, may the best team win!

I'm an Eagles supporter (when they're winning) but I have a strong feeling that the Swans will mop the floor with 'em tomorrow.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

These are some rather obscure units for Welly's list. Do you have these already?

-The Ultima (from Wight Falls II)
-Zorgs (from The Ritual Site)
-Quapes (from The Ritual Site)
-And while we're on the subject of ambient life, how about sheep, butterflies, dragonflies, and turtles? I don't know the sources for certain, but I think Vista made most of those. Definitely the sheep, because they used an altered version in Jinn.

A-Red
Welly

Post by Welly »

A-Red wrote:These are some rather obscure units for Welly's list. Do you have these already?

-The Ultima (from Wight Falls II)
-Zorgs (from The Ritual Site)
-Quapes (from The Ritual Site)
-And while we're on the subject of ambient life, how about sheep, butterflies, dragonflies, and turtles? I don't know the sources for certain, but I think Vista made most of those. Definitely the sheep, because they used an altered version in Jinn.

A-Red
Sweet.. I had not played Wight Falls II before. Thanks for the ultima heads up! Slowly the list is increasing...

I had the others, but strangely enough, because I had known of them from different sources:

Zorgs (I had them listed under Havre River only originally)
Quapes (also in LoGA)
Dragonflies (Uthuan's of Hexographica)
Turtle (by Leadfeather, found in LoGA)

I had the sheep and the butterfly listed simply under Vista, since I can't recall which Vista project they were on, and it's not a huge concern. But, yes, to answer your question, I'd love for the list to have as much new ambient life as possible as well as people and monsters!
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Ummm, cant recall the plugin name at the moment, Darkseed or something like that, but a plugin released by TMBM had some new ,mythish style units in it as well iirc ??[/color]
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

"dreamseedz" they have tons of new units, the only thing i didnt like was the Z for SEEDZ.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I did new units from scratch for 2 plugins:

ancient greece tagset (at the package.net)

Isle of storms (www.carlinho7.tripod.com)
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.