What color is Maeldun's cloak? - In your opinion

Talk about anything here.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Zeph wrote:I could work up some cool spells for you if you want ;D
Nah, I'll see what I can come up with on my own. :)
Industry

Post by Industry »

Mmm. Fire Fountain. That just sounds bad... in a good way. Or bad.
Soulytfs_1

Post by Soulytfs_1 »

Pyro wrote:
Horus â„¢ wrote:Oh please dear Gods of all that is holy and unholy not Mazz VI!!
lol... Horus

Souly, although there isn't an Amber for PC there is a program that you could use. Its the closest there is to Amber but it is still far from it. I speak of Tahoe. And for your information its spelled "Cu Roi" not "Cu Rio". :p

Lugas, as for Mazz 6... I doubt they will want to use my Maeldun unit when they have so many different types of units of their own. I don't think they will make a Mazz 6 unless something big changes like... a new patch that expands on the limits of the Myth engine. And even if they were to do such an update (which would only be optional) they might want to work on other projects instead of just recreating Mazzarin's Demise yet again. But if they do... however unlikely... I'm sure I'll be downloading it. :D
Hehe. Cu Roi :D
Do you know were i can get hold of Tahoe. Pyro
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Mealdun - dark blue, what say u ?
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

i think i imagined him once in dark green with some black parts.

though dark blue with golden parts or only dark blue would look kewl.
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

btw, to me it looks like an orb on his staff and that thick thing on the right side is just a shadow thingie.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

What say I? Here is a sample of Maeldun with those colors.

And yea I also saw the staff having an orb and that dark thing either a shadow or the style of the orb is "grabbed" by the staff type of design.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

All versions look great but blue + gold is definitly my favourite.

Btw Murgen model could look great in green ;)
Horus

Post by Horus »

Maeldun could be one of two things

1. He could be a wizard who cares allot for the Mysterious, dangerous and powerful reputation all "Great Wizards" should have, prefering to "act" the part of all powerful God slaying Sorceror. In this case all his spells would have massed effect and be very "show-offy".

2. He could be mysterious by his true nature, prefering to use tricks and shadow based spells to confuse, disorient and demoralise opponents.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Horus â„¢ wrote:Maeldun could be one of two things

1. He could be a wizard who cares allot for the Mysterious, dangerous and powerful reputation all "Great Wizards" should have, prefering to "act" the part of all powerful God slaying Sorceror. In this case all his spells would have massed effect and be very "show-offy".

2. He could be mysterious by his true nature, prefering to use tricks and shadow based spells to confuse, disorient and demoralise opponents.
Some of the ideas I had for his attacks would definitly fit #2.
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

I think Murgen is red. In the opening sequence of M1 you see an Avatar, and his totally red. I think thats Murgen. That guy in the sequence is not Alric because if you look at the Alric unit youll see that hes more greyish with brown stuff on and the front thingie has some red.

And im not sure though my sister meant that the hat thingie is to long for the Murgen guy on the pic where hes on with Rabican and Maeldun. So watch that intro and take a precise look on the Avatar guy, when you decide that thats Maeldun you wont have probs with how to color him ;)

About your colors, i like the green one a lot, though if you decide for the blue id go with the blue/blue thing rather than with blue/gold.

Would you try red once?

To Maeldun's character: Id say hes very mysterious, he has the reputation of being a "omfg he turns people to frogs" witchy like guy and how he acts also holds up that reputation, but is actually a very wise and cunning Sorceror.

I dont know about his melee skills since i imagine him as not needing them because he uses traps and stuff like that. I like the idea of him being a hated rival to the Deceiver and a Fallen Lord i created myself in my (not well written and not finished) "Maeldun's Return" story (that i want to completely change btw), hes not as powerfull maybe, but as cunning.

I also like the Idea of him having no "regular" melee attack but, and since Maeldun lives at the time of the Great War, and thus fights against undead, he has an attack that makes sort of "holy" damage against undead, something like he touches them with the orb and they get fried or something.

Since hes a wise, pretty powerfull (in avatar dimensions) and experienced sorceror, he has a wide variety of Spells. I know dozens of spells for one unit is not makeable in Myth, though ill post ideas for spells if i get some. Though spontaneous id say give him Dispersal, an Ice Barrier or similar attack that kills stuff right around him, and a fast and strong attack, something like balors lighting bolt (not that strong mb) but not some slow something that is pretty useless or uncool.

And for the shadow thing, i have to disagree on that one, hes a servant of light and thus i (personally) would find shadow stuff unfitting.
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

I uploaded that Avatar so you can look him up easier.

I got an Idea for an attack spell: How about he shoots a lightning bolt that goes through the enemy lines like Alrics Balmung attack?

Or: An Energy Ray out of his Orb.

Or: He concentrates on an enemy, the enemy implodes and a wave of fire goes from that poor guy, making massive damage to anything standing in a 10 feet circle around the target.
An Example: He uses it on a Trow, the Trow implodes, though other Trow around that Trow dont get lots of damage since theyre out of stone, but the one Trow who got targeted dies.
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

Im terribly sorry for the triple posting, but i was unregistered and since it seems i need to edit posts here i decided to register.

Ive combined the two upper posts from me in this one, so you may delete them. again im terribly sorry for the triple posts.

Old posts:

I think Murgen is red. In the opening sequence of M1 you see an Avatar, and hes totally red. I think thats Murgen. That guy in the sequence is not Alric because if you look at the Alric unit youll see that hes more greyish with brown stuff on and the front thingie has some red.

And im not sure though my sister meant that the hat thingie is to long for the Murgen guy on the pic where hes on with Rabican and Maeldun. So watch that intro and take a precise look on the Avatar guy, when you decide that thats Maeldun you wont have probs with how to color him ;)

About your colors, i like the green one a lot, though if you decide for the blue id go with the blue/blue thing rather than with blue/gold.

Would you try red once?

To Maeldun's character: Id say hes very mysterious, he has the reputation of being a "omfg he turns people to frogs" witchy like guy and how he acts also holds up that reputation, but is actually a very wise and cunning Sorceror.

I dont know about his melee skills since i imagine him as not needing them because he uses traps and stuff like that. I like the idea of him being a hated rival to the Deceiver and a Fallen Lord i created myself in my (not well written and not finished) "Maeldun's Return" story (that i want to completely change btw), hes not as powerfull maybe, but as cunning.

I also like the Idea of him having no "regular" melee attack but, and since Maeldun lives at the time of the Great War, and thus fights against undead, he has an attack that makes sort of "holy" damage against undead, something like he touches them with the orb and they get fried or something.

Since hes a wise, pretty powerfull (in avatar dimensions) and experienced sorceror, he has a wide variety of Spells. I know dozens of spells for one unit is not makeable in Myth, though ill post ideas for spells if i get some. Though spontaneous id say give him Dispersal, an Ice Barrier or similar attack that kills stuff right around him, and a fast and strong attack, something like balors lighting bolt (not that strong mb) but not some slow something that is pretty useless or uncool.

And for the shadow thing, i have to disagree on that one, hes a servant of light and thus i (personally) would find shadow stuff unfitting.

I uploaded that Avatar so you can look him up easier.

I got an Idea for an attack spell: How about he shoots a lightning bolt that goes through the enemy lines like Alrics Balmung attack?

Or: An Energy Ray out of his Orb.

Or: He concentrates on an enemy, the enemy implodes and a wave of fire goes from that poor guy, making massive damage to anything standing in a 10 feet circle around the target.
An Example: He uses it on a Trow, the Trow implodes, though other Trow around that Trow dont get lots of damage since theyre out of stone, but the one Trow who got targeted dies.

To the Imploding stuff, i think you'd need to make it unuseable on strong/important opponents like fallen lords since it would suck if you would have a "win" button.

Again i want to apologize for the triple posting. If i get more ideas ill just edit this post (or w8 until someone else posted lolz)
Tireces:
"...it is arguable that Doromas was Tireces' most brutal Forum-Admin-General... frequently deleting those who begged him for mercy... he is the reason that many guys with small number of posts no longer appear on forum boards..."
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Horus â„¢ wrote:2. He could be mysterious by his true nature, prefering to use tricks and shadow based spells to confuse, disorient and demoralise opponents.
I agree with Horus â„¢ about the shadow based attacks: he could use the Mahir's Primary Binding and quickly killing the victim attack. I think that would be cool! :lol:
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I don't think by "shadow based spells", Horus meant Mahir type of spells. It COULD mean spells that are tricky or not often seen easily. As for the Avatara (I still don't see why people call them Avatar when we know its Avatara), he is red.... Alric is red... it is unfair to compare a pixelated Myth unit collection with a cartoon drawing. Back in TFL, the only Avatara that we see pictures of (mostly without color) are of Alric. We also know that Alric had painting on his face... just as this cartoon drawing does. I mean look at the journeyman... doesn't he seem too short? Even the images of The Head don't all look alike. So I think this red Avatara (not Avatar... its not the same) is definitely Alric.

"And im not sure though my sister meant that the hat thingie is to long for the Murgen guy on the pic where hes on with Rabican and Maeldun. So watch that intro and take a precise look on the Avatar guy, when you decide that thats Maeldun you wont have probs with how to color him ;)"

Okay, I'm not clear on what you meant here... Somewhere along the lines that you are not sure but your sister thinks the hat is too long for Murgen. And when I decide that the red Avatara is Maeldun I won't have problems with how to color him... because he is red. And it appears that you are winking at me... sounds creepy. :p

Too long? Other people say that the hat is too short to be Alric.... unless you meant that Alric's hat is too long to be for Murgen in that image of Rabican, Murgen, and Maeldun. Also, I am not having problems on how to color Maeldun. It would be easy to choose, but where is the fun in that? This way I get the community talking and thinking and maybe just maybe a great number of them agree in one color... or close. Although red... more so dark red is my favorite color and goes great for a Pyro... doesn't mean I should just give Maeldun a red color... not that you are telling me to make him red for that reason... specially since TFL Alric already is red. After all these comments and my own thoughts... Maeldun would best be a gray or blue color for his primary color.

As for attacks... in the collection is is best to have options even if you will most likely not use them... he has a melee sequence but am still uncertain if to use it when I place him in my Fallen Heroes plugin.

Good to see you finally registered, Doromas.