Myth as Freeware - Interested in a petition?

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I doubt the petition would help with anything. The only hope is to find someone high up in Take2 who would be supportive of the cause. And many times folks have tried, with no luck - so I don't see it happening. :(
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

mb Ill belly dance on a street corner to raise money
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

ChrisP wrote:If I were the one to spearhead this difficult effort, I wouldn't bother with a petition. I'd probably try to get really friendly with some people at Bungie (don't just send emails, send good bottles of scotch) and get them to approach T2.
I moderate Bungie.net, and as a result I know a *few* people at Bungie, although I never talk to them much.

I doubt a teenager from Australia will be much use in the deal, though. :P

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Wouldn't a lot of interest in this hurt us. If they see a lot of people want it to be freeware then they might try to make profit from it... another Myth game (doubt it) or a re-release of the best of Myth or something (doubt it but more posible).
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Pyro wrote:Wouldn't a lot of interest in this hurt us?
I don't think so. I mean, the worst thing that could happen is that they say no, which isn't any worse than our current situation.

The best thing would be freeware. The second best would be a new game (with maybe better people working on it this time) and... well that's about all thar could happen.

Well I guess they could try make us pay for Myth. :/
-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

There are some amazing things in life that are unfortunately destined for the vault. I think Myth will sadly be one of them.

(Picture the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark).
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Soulytfs_1

Post by Soulytfs_1 »

William Wallet

If i was a girl, and read those last words of you- being the MYth Fan i am, i would have cryed...

Well after this,and it didnt work, think about this.
We get all acive Myth sites and all Mythers to club in and buy Myth Title from Take2.
Let all fans that voted keep shares of it, but give like 50% to ProjectMagma or who ever!
Then we can start making the next myth..... I then want a job please... :> i have one but being part of the Next best game of the year for Myth woud be super...

The only way this could ever work if you think positve about this, it can be dun and if it does i wouldnt know how to rub it in your face.
Ill have to get your addres and rub a DirtyBabyNaby in your face,, yes that would do . :>
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

From what I understand, Take 2 has already agreed to allow Myth 2 to be (re)distributed at $5 (I think) a copy. The problem is they want the money for the first 1,000 copies up front. Also, I'm not sure if this deal meant online distribution or if it had to be hard copies.
whenders0n

Post by whenders0n »

ChrisP do you have any more information on this? This would be great news, because it shows there is at least SOMEONE there who cares a little. Even if its just about making $, the fact that someone cares means we have someone to talk to. So sign the petition, because the more we can convince them is in it for them, the more leverage we have!
.william
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

I don't really have a lot more information - at least not the kind where I could be sure of keeping the facts straight. There's not a lot more to say anyhow. $5,000 up front + distribution costs buys you 1,000 copies of Myth to sell. If you are truly serious, your efforts would probably be best spent trying to figure out how to finance this.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Well I signed the misspelled petition yesterday and I was only the 6th.

Doesn't seem like there is a point in paying up front for that many copies of myth since not even that many people play the game regularly. I'm not saying we couldn't sell a few, but not in those numbers. The best bet would to buy the rights to the game and get a studio or team together to make a new game, but that would take a far larger financial investment. In support of that decision, I think that myth tfl and soulblighter are the best RTS games ever made, and if someone could just equal the gameplay and update the engine for better computers and more options, the game should sell. We can only hope.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Myth is not an RTS (Real Time Stragedy)... its an RTT (Real Time Tactical)... the only RTT I have ever heard of.
whenders0n

Post by whenders0n »

Also please digg the petition to help get the word out!
.william
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

I've signed the petition (given on May 8th) because no one else will! Please sign it!
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Ill sign it but it will not gonna happen anytime soon.
Special Myth DVD edition will be released in Poland on 19.05.2006 ( and probaly not only in Poland )
"As long as a single one of us stands..."