Updates for People with problems in 1.5.1 - Get your 1.5.1c here

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
michael khan(mature)

Post by michael khan(mature) »

Hi , i cant play under 1.5.1c , i just installed myth and dl the plugin, but its not working, this is my myth log info.

This is myth version 1.3 , which works
06.07.105 02:06:16 Myth II running under Win98 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Direct3D (Trident 3D Image 9750 PCI/AGP (v6.45.5424.98)) doesn't support fog tables, so 3D fog will be disable for it.
Direct3D (Trident 3D Image 9750 PCI/AGP (v6.45.5424.98)) does not support 4444 textures!
Found 0 to use
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM

This is my myth with 1.5.1c, which doesnt load, my open gl is old, i cant use it , i think, i guess i can only use software.
2005-07-07 02:04:45
Myth II Build 261 running under Win98 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Direct3D (Trident 3D Image 9750 PCI/AGP (v6.45.5424.98)) doesn't support fog tables, so 3D fog will be disabled for it.
Direct3D (Trident 3D Image 9750 PCI/AGP (v6.45.5424.98)) does not support 4444 textures!
Found 0 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Using GDI for Input
Using Direct3D version 3.0
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
Waa

Post by Waa »

Anything more recent than 1.5.1c build 261?
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

I have the original 1.51 patch, and I seem to be getting some strange graphical issues when using Direct3D (with nVidia 5700 graphics card). The images on screen seem to blink in and out, and sometimes the edges of the screen blur with a mixture of different terrains. Just wondering if 1.51 C might fix these glitches.
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
CIK

Post by CIK »

Most likely. We fixed some D3D issues in the updates. Very little else has changed from the original 1.5.1 update.
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

Sounds good. Unfortunately, when I click on the windows update link, all I get is a blank window.
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Hey, I'm new to Myth multiplayer. Although I played the first two of the Myth series as a kid I just recently dug them up. Im at wits end with trying to figure out how to play soulblighter online. I downloaded the patch and got a user account at playmyth.net but every time i try to join their classic server it always says bungie is not responding.

Am I connecting to the right server? Are their additional downloads needed to run myth online sould I try MaruisNet?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

On the Multiplayer screen, you should click "Servers.." and select PlayMyth Classic from the list. After that, Myth II should be properly configured to connect to PlayMyth. Also, why are you posting in this age-old thread, instead of starting a new one?
capital

Post by capital »

Myrd wrote:Also, why are you posting in this age-old thread, instead of starting a new one?
Threads don't age, People do.
Slinx

Post by Slinx »

Anyway of configuring into the next one:

Buddylist/Orderlist options (Not sure if this is a PM issue, but I know M3 allowed it)

As the only TFL host I know of (the other 4 guys are firewalled :) )whenever I space to bring up the plugins the cursor goes around deleting/resetting options back to defaults. Just wondering if you could make this so once you space Single Player, all available maps for the plugin stays up rather than spacing each time and having to change from defaults.