Marathon Anywhere - help wanted

Talk about anything here.
Astro tSD

Post by Astro tSD »

Aye, SitH Pool Party was inspired by VRPP. It was a new texture map and mesh and such, but the idea was definitely from VRPP.

As far as 'right's and 'ownership'... I did most of the work on SitH, but there were several others that contributed significantly... They're all listed at the bottom of the SitH Manual. TychoMax, the guy who did MaraMyth, is included in that, as we did share some of our work with each other. As far as I'm concerned, you, and anyone else for that matter, is welcome to do whatever you want with SitH, provided all the original credited contributers (from the manual) are credited wherever you include it.

I wish I did, but I surely don't have any of this anymore. I've got plans for this saturday night, gunna be playing some Mazz with some of my old friends in #CP#. If you guys are still around after that, I'll poke my head in. Thanks :)

EDIT: And yeah, feel free to ask me any questions about it. Marathon is still my favorite game series, for sure. Just as Myth is an incredibly old game, but worth playing still because it's so fun, Marathon is as well. I believe marathon.bungie.org has all 3 games ported to OSX/Vista, free, give them some playtime. :)
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Astro tSD wrote: I believe marathon.bungie.org has all 3 games ported to OSX/Vista, free, give them some playtime. :)
Yes, all three are available, along with AlephOne, which is the part that makes them playable on OSX and Windows: http://source.bungie.org/

I play Marathon online a couple times a week on mariusnet.com's servers. People usually play Infinity. Fun stuff. Mariusnet.com has a Marathon forum for game-play and map-making. Go thee hither and observe: http://www.mariusnet.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/cfrm

Thanks for your input and helping Baak to make your awesome SitH tagset a truly Anywhere plugin for Myff.

Also, if you do want to come by on Saturdays to play with OoH, let us know over in our forum at orderofhpak.com. That way we can see that you'd like to play with us; we may have it passworded otherwise and not know you're outside wishing to get in: http://www.orderofhpak.com/forums/index.php
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Astro tSD wrote:EDIT: And yeah, feel free to ask me any questions about it. Marathon is still my favorite game series, for sure. Just as Myth is an incredibly old game, but worth playing still because it's so fun, Marathon is as well. I believe marathon.bungie.org has all 3 games ported to OSX/Vista, free, give them some playtime. :)
Don't know if you know this or not, but there was a plugin called 'Blast Pack' which allegedly converts standard Myth units to Marathon units - IF you have heard of it do you happen to know if it's a seperate Marathon-Myth converison or some repackaging of MaraMyth or SiTH?
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Astro tSD

Post by Astro tSD »

I'm not positive, but I think that was MaraMyth's tagset that switched normal myth units for MaraMyth's mara units on any level, just like SitH already did. The original MaraMyth release only included the mara units on the half dozen or so included MaraMyth levels, I think.
Baak

Post by Baak »

I've completed my first "test take" of the plugin and it's looking good. I will plan to have a release for public use this next week if at all possible. :)

I am going to go down one of three paths for releasing it: (1) Incorporate it into the "Anywhere Multi Pak" (when I post v2.0 most likely this next week); (2) Incorporated it into a "Anywhere Multi Pak #2" with Jinn (already done) and Blue & Grey (almost done and blessed by Iron); (3) entirely separate.

Option (3) is much more work for me so is less likely. I'm seriously debating packaging them all into one, but it'll be big - about 150 MB zipped most likely. Still, there are a lot of good things about having one package.

Whatever way I go (and I'd love to hear feedback from any and all on this), I will most likely have a separate zip for it for a little while to get feedback on how it plays, etc.
Baak

Post by Baak »

I plan to post a release candidate for the Marathon Anywhere plugin shortly(tm) (this week), which I will incorporate into the Anywhere Multi Pak v2.0.

Just whipped together an image for the plugin based on Astro tSD's SitH Manual - think it came out pretty nice:

As a sidebar, I've also done one for Iron's excellent Blue & Grey conversion (using a pregame image), which is going in the Pak as well:

Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Eddaweaver wrote:As far as I can see it does.
Hmmm when I start coop map "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" it triggers defeat action in first seconds of game, every single time - dont you have it 2, rly ?
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I have never heard of a plugin being broken due to 1.6. The only exceptions are the old plugins that would replace the 1.3 plugin patch to get them working, but those were all.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Tireces wrote:
Eddaweaver wrote:As far as I can see it does.
Hmmm when I start coop map "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" it triggers defeat action in first seconds of game, every single time - dont you have it 2, rly ?
I didn't notice Deck 7 contained a co-op level too. Yes, it doesn't work.