Problems fighting Shiver in Myth II... help? - Shiver kills Myrdred before he can fight

Talk about anything here.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

iron wrote:Though ... it has been theorized that as his death is way too unspectacular for a Fallen Lord's demise (especially given the example of Shiver) that he may have transferred his "essence" into Phelot & thus he still lives.
Into Phelot? Now that IS interesting. Especially since Phelot is undoubtedly still out there somewhere and is a loose end I've always wondered about. That would be much cooler than the Deceiver just plain being alive.

A-Red
Ama

Post by Ama »

iron wrote:The guy who wrote GURPS never played the level to the end,
And its to be considered canon!?!? ;-)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

All errors were printed on the website. I'd say that all errors that are gonna be noticed have been noticed.

Also, it's all bungie approved/checked so they think it is ok. Anythig official classes as being correct in my book, the big Elf's book. And that book is a good book.
Ama

Post by Ama »

But it wasn't bungie checked! On SJGames site they site the date of the errata as 2002 (sorry misspoke earlier when I said 2003.) Microsoft bought Bungie in 2000ish (If i recall correctly.) Which means that errata was written 2 years after bungie didn't have anything to do with myth and 3 years after the book was written.

Hrmph.

Even if he *did* not finish the level till then, theres no real telling whether he really died due to the errata since the bungie folks could have thought the Mydred bit right (again, if they even had much or anything to do with it) because he *was* alive somehow, and so never mentioned it. Later Gene Seabolt finished one of the easiest levels in m2 (=-P) and it was errattad OR some schmuck emailed persistently and got them to errata, with gene seabolt not even having any real say.

For those interested, heres the Dated Errata: http://www.sjgames.com/errata/gurps/myth.html

Also, assuming it was a misprint due to him not finishing the level, I find it hard to hold much faith in a book written by someone who hadn't even beaten the game. I mean come on. You have to at least admit thats hard to swallow =-0.

Bungie cannon straight from the pen of someone who could barely finish the game? hrmmm. And apparently bungie didn't mind the error when they *supposedly* playtested it. I mean, "The Crew At Bungie" could have been the mail guy and the door man. Even if it was the real them, they still had almost nothing to do with the content.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

The date of the errata is for the last update, does anyone kno what that was?

Also, Take2 and MumboJumbo wouldn't really care so it must have been someone at SJ games who realised the mistake.

Does no one wonder why the Deceiver isn't there at the end of Myth II helping kill Soulblighter, the target of most of his anger being towards his rival for Connacht's favour?
Ama

Post by Ama »

He doesn't seem to be the type to need to be there to kill em.

Though:

http://web.archive.org/web....ttp

So I guess my date point is moot.

Though, its not uncommon for users and subscribers of Pyramid to be the ones that email in for requested errata.

I guess thats not what happened here. Oh well, He'll always be alive to me!!!

*runs off to little imaginary world*
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

you my friend, have just been owned.
Ama

Post by Ama »

My other points still havent been proved wrong.

Not to mention at very least the myth team was misbanded by then. And I still don't hold Gurps Myth as bungie gospel let alone its Errata as gospel. Bungie had nothing to do with the development except **Supposedly** playtesting. I mean the guy who wrote it didnt even beat the game.

Come on!

HE DIDNT BEAT THE GAME AND YOU THINK ITS GOSPEL.

And besides,
1Tz 5p3113d pwn3d n00b !11!!!!1!!1!
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

:rock: riiiiiiiiiiiiiight :rock: :::calls psycho ward:::
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

The fact that it is official means that Bungie thinks everything in it is true.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

The Elfoid wrote:The fact that it is official means that Bungie thinks everything in it is true.
The fact that it is official means that Bungie said "sure, whatever, why not?"

A-Red
Ama

Post by Ama »

A-Red wrote:
The Elfoid wrote:The fact that it is official means that Bungie thinks everything in it is true.

The fact that it is official means that Bungie said "sure, whatever, why not?"

A-Red

Precisely
Archer

Post by Archer »

Not relevant. They still signed off on it.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

It means that whether the information was good, clear or what Bungie thought should happen, it IS ALL ACCURATE ACCORDING TO BUNGIE. They might not have read it, they might not care but the licensing means that all contract is "the truth".
Ama

Post by Ama »

The Elfoid wrote:It means that whether the information was good, clear or what Bungie thought should happen, it IS ALL ACCURATE ACCORDING TO BUNGIE. They might not have read it, they might not care but the licensing means that all contract is "the truth".

Well fine, for purposes of all conversations of this sort I'm in from now on I'm defining the scope of them to "the vision of the original bungie folk working on the myth project".

I mean sure, you can argue that its legally 'the true' story, and fine, I'll agree with that. BUt thats an awefully narrow path to take. Especially when its obvious the guy had no idea of the original bungies vision.

Do I care about the vision of some schmuck at sjgames, or do I care about what the creators of the games vision? I think the answer to that is fairly obvious