Myth as Freeware - Interested in a petition?

Talk about anything here.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

What is this special Myth DVD anyways? I never heard of it.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Its just new polish mytyh compilation: total codes (Tfl+m2+chimera+SomeOtherPlugs) and M3. Only special thing about it is this that it will be released on one DVD - first Myth dvd realese, right? or mb not
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Tireces wrote:Its just new polish mytyh compilation: total codes (Tfl+m2+chimera+SomeOtherPlugs) and M3. Only special thing about it is this that it will be released on one DVD - first Myth dvd realese, right? or mb not
Sounds like it will be the first DVD release of Myth.. do you happen to have a link to it or something? Sounds interesting... even thought it's not new... but if its a DVD it might spark an interest into people who have never played it.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

There is only one problem with this edition - it will be with polish subtitels (but with orignal voice)
But paching it to 1.5.1 should bring back english subtitles again.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

If your releasing a dvd, shouldn't you just have 1.5.1 already installed, so people don't have to worry about updating?

Edited By TarousZars on 1147362902
CIK

Post by CIK »

Does anyone know how to get a hold of these folks?

First I'd like to see them ship the versions of Myth that we have all worked so hard on.

2nd if they are shipping the 1.3 versions I wonder how they got around the copy protection, which basically relied on the name of the CD. Each of the Myth's had different named CDs. I guess they could have created multiple partitions on the DVD. But still it would be cool if they shipped the new stuff.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Hold on. An update to 1.5.1 won't restore any English subtitles. This stuff is in the foundation tags, and not replaced by the patch (else the patch would be a 600meg download).

Second, if they're releasing it on DVD (are you certain? maybe its just a bunch of CDs), then they'd have to do some work ... to make the new installers and autostarts, and change the directory structures. If the subtitles are new too, then they'd have to have edited the tag files. If they're putting that much effort into it already, I don't see why they can't include it the latest updates...

On the other hand, if the polish versions were already there (old releases .. subtitles done a long time ago), and they just throw in all the CDs, then they don't need to do any extra work, which seems more likely for such a thing - but worse for us, since there's hardly any chance of getting our updates there.
CIK

Post by CIK »

It does seem to be a DVD release. I was thinking the same thing they would have had to have done some work to make it into a DVD. Unless there is a way to partition a DVD into different volumes. I would imagine there is, I've just never seen a DVD with multiple volumes.

The other thing I thought of was online gameplay.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Yea it will be DVD edition for sure.
Hmmm I remember that 1.5.0 was changing polish version 2 english version someohow.
I doubt they will add any patches 2 it - lazzy bastids :(
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Will there be an English version that is suitable for Mac? There is still the subtitle problem of Myth 3; there have been no recent patches for M3 yet.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Hmmm while doing some google searching... for "myth antologia" I don't see them saying its compatible with Mac. I just see PC (DVD-ROM)

"WINDOWS® 98SE/ME/2000/XP: Pentium® II 400 MHz lub AMD® Athlon® • RAM: 128 MB • GRAFIKA: 8 MB karta graficzna zgodna z DirectX ™ (zalecany wydajniejszy akcelerator grafiki) • D
whenders0n

Post by whenders0n »

Its quite easy to make a DVD into multiple volumes. This is probably what they are doing.
.william
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The patches will change some things to English - and that can't be easily solved for technical reasons. However, these changes would only be apparent in the interface - that is, they won't propagate to character dialog, journal entries, etc. And these changes are only for newly-added controls, the existing stuff should be in the localized language.
whenders0n

Post by whenders0n »

Update: The petition is nearly a quarter to its original goal for slashdotting. Please digg the petition and tell all your friends, so that we can reach this goal quickly and get some real exposure!
.william