Current Myth Projects String - Please List What your Working On 4 myth

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

I was thinking of making a map under these circumstances:
The Watcher was defeated by Mazzarin and not the other way round. (History doesn't care what we did in Mazz 5)
Mazzarin, the Paladin, the Pyromancer and the Electromancer now serve the Cath Bruig. (I can't remember the names :nocomment: )
But is The Watcher really dead?

This is NOT and I repeat NOT a guarantee that I'm going to make something like this.
Besides I would have to ask everyone very nicely if I could use the Watcher, Pyromancer, Electromancer and Paladin collections, as well as anything else that comes to mind. The Watcher would not be scary with only one arm, and I'm not sure if the One-Armed Watcher actually does anything apart from get stoned by arrows.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The One-Armed Watcher from TFL doesn't have any other sequence than the ones you see in TFL... the statue and death projectiles... oh! and his headshot protrait.

By the way, I thought no one was going to use the Pyromancer, Electromancer, and Paladin (and some other ones) until LoE would be released... Mazz V was the only excemption.
Horus

Post by Horus »

The Electromancer and Paladin are originally from The Woods Out Back and can be used at your leisure.

The Pyromancer on the other hand is from Laws of Evil exclusively and so CANNOT be used until LoE is released.

Why would anyone want to use non Myth world units in a Myth plug anyway?
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

The Electromancer and Paladin are originally from The Woods Out Back and can be used at your leisure.

Thank you, and if I do want to make a plugin, I may use them.

The Pyromancer on the other hand is from Laws of Evil exclusively and so CANNOT be used until LoE is released.

Doh! I suppose I could use Bungie's Warlock or (god forbid) make my own Pyromancer collection.

Why would anyone want to use non Myth world units in a Myth plug anyway?

It's about The Watcher's vengeance if Mazzarin got his way and killed him. The Paladin and Electromancer are kind of there to back Mazz up when he goes back to kill Bahl'al again. Those two collections were extremely good and I give large amounts of credit to whoever made them.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Something I forgot to ask: Would I need special permission to use The Watcher collection?
Horus

Post by Horus »

Iron has stated before that anyone can use his Watcher collection, as long as they leave him some credit for it in the readme (all plugs should have a readme!!).
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Am I correct in assuming that I can do this with Iron's other collections? Provided I give him credit in a read me.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Lugas wrote:"Iron has stated before that anyone can use his Watcher collection, as long as they leave him some credit for it in the readme (all plugs should have a readme!!)."

Am I correct in assuming that I can do this with Iron's other collections? Provided I give him credit in a read me.
If I'm not mistaken, you can do this with anything made by Project Magma that has already been released (which is why the LoE units are an exception).
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Okay, glad I know that now. However, in a topic I made about failure to extract The Watcher I have extremely serious problems extracting The Watcher from RotD and Djazel Electromancer from The Woods out Back. :(
Point

Post by Point »

looks to me like the pyromancer in mazz is from dreamseedz tagset and not a og one... and the woods out back encompass some origional sequences but most of the models used are not existed long b4 that plug... In any case the more stuff the better just give credit in your readmes and in game game hints or tips is good... my aom units will be open for all to use aswell and if you want to animate some new units I have most of the models used for tagsets like sisters of the blade, woods out back, and others... Have fun...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Soulytfs_1

Post by Soulytfs_1 »

Lugas wrote:Okay, glad I know that now. However, in a topic I made about failure to extract The Watcher I have extremely serious problems extracting The Watcher from RotD and Djazel Electromancer from The Woods out Back. :(
Use a programm called "Chaos" to get the units out of a plug. :cool:
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Dream of Death--used "Requiem of the Dead" as a starting point and added/changed much. It's spell heavy, artifact heavy, and action heavy. Finishing up dark mesh and need to work more on the multi 2-team mesh. It's probably 99% done if I just release the normal version.

Return to the Mountain-a remake and new take on the classic tfl level "Shadow of the Mountain". Faster paced with respawns and random enemy spawns and nonstop action as oppossed to the old "enemy has to setup style". It's around 75% done.

Future projects are "The Battle of Tyr", "The Battle of the Head", and maybe some multi maps using some artifact heavy units.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

I have one nameless project-
I'm thinking of calling it "Bahl'al the Emperor".
Most of the major units have been made. I still need to make Spectral Dwarves (i'm planning on using TFL Dwarves), and Spectral Warriors. Spectral Archers have been done. I'd say that the units are about 75% complete.
The Planned Colourmap is "Into the Breach".
Scripting is not an issue yet 'cause I haven't started it.
I think it's about 22% complete altogether.

Edit: How can I access Myth TFL Dwarves and Warriors?
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

I might eventually finish a map :)
I'm currently thinking of reviving my New Year map which was uhm...for New Year 2003/2004...was designed to show off the new 1.4 features!

Either that or the Sons of the Stoneheim, a map set at the uncovered ruins of Stoneheim, which was the Dwarven capital until it was assaulted by the Ghôls and had its entrance caved in by order of Dvalin, the Ephor at the time. That was one I was really excited about the models kept breaking or causing insane lag because I had to use huge ones due to the model number limitation :(

Hmm, then there's Bar Room Brawl v2, everybody's favourite Dwarven bar-fight...at least it's supposed to be :D

I have four months off over summer, better set aside some map-making time between all the other tons of stuff I need to do.

Edited By haravikk on 1145312855
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Horus

Post by Horus »

The Pyromancer from Mazz is similar to the unit from Dreamseedz, but is not the same.

For one the Pyromancer is of better quality.