Scripters and other skilled myth DEVS WANTED

Talk about anything here.
William Wallet

Re: Scripters and other skilled myth DEVS WANTED

Post by William Wallet »

I've said it before and I'll say it again; a group hug has never gone astray ...
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Death's Avatar wrote:Now...maybe, just maybe... you can't make a "your map sucks" argument if your own isn't done?
I think there's a significant difference in 'authority' between someone who has worked on and released a number of Myth 'products' recently and someone who hasn't. Not necessarily a difference in terms of skill or or level of abilities, but at least in one's ability to finish things.

I have been accused of making REALLY horrible analogies, so take this with a bucket of salt, but to me this argument reminds me of the Black Night scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail where the Knight has no arms or legs and he's making fun of King Arthur, calling him a pansy and threatening to bite KA in the kneecap.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I think that when there's more chat than action, it means nothing is getting done.
And if nothing's getting done, then Myth is dead
so if you don't want myth to die, then stop chatting and go back to working
and if it's dead, then let it die honorably, and not lame crippled and pathetic, as it seems for the conversations in this thread.

and I love your poetic post vynil :D
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Renwood wrote:O and Zeph you seem to lack any knowledge of what you speak.

saying we have no maps eh? yea youve really been paying attention.

go make more lame ass zombies that THROW tons of shit at people for no reason.
and post in your OWN thread about how fucking fantactisc it is.
Oi oi oi, I am working on Deadfall too.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Only map from The Wind [edit] Age that I've seen are some screenshots through the designer of the one map I've seen, Krille.

I'm sure I've asked over the years to see some screenies of the meshes that you guys intend to build your campaign around... In fact, others have too. Yet 'Ghol Lands' is the only one we've seen snippets of, and they're all just snippets of a colourmap; not a mesh with 60% scripting completed.

If you have ever gone, you can witness many multiple screenshots showcasing many different colourmaps and terrain and environment types over at TFV website.

Why don't you post some screenshots in your thread of your new maps to help INSPIRE people to help you on your project? You've got a horrible grasp on social and communicative skills Renwood. The way you portray yourself as a person, makes me (and some several others it seems) doubt whether I'd want to work with someone like yourself, even if I were really interested in your project. The childish ways you act would make me want to steer clear of your project.... especially since you're the 'leader'.

Go re-read this thread, and try to see past the flame part, and listen to the advice part that people are telling you. Maybe you've fetal alcohol syndrome and simply cannot learn from mistakes in the past, but people keep reiterating the same things. Take the advice and 'for the love of god' change your ways.

P.S. I'm not a church-goer, and I refuse to release TFV 'for the love of god'.

Edit:
P.P.S. I'm sure you're unaware, but you've been a registered TFV Beta Tester for years now. Nothing is stopping you from logging into your account on our forums and finding and clicking the link to the latest tester beta. This is not the latest beta though, as the current dev beta has more completed, but is also potentially filled with more bugs- we reserve the right to keep said beta restricted to TFV Devs.
Last edited by Graydon on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I think Grey meant 'Wind Age' instead of 'Wolf Age'
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Graydon wrote:P.S. I'm not a church-goer, and I refuse to release TFV 'for the love of god'.
Oh, for the love of Wyrd!
The cake is a lie.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

GodzFire wrote:I think Grey meant 'Wind Age' instead of 'Wolf Age'
I think Dogz meant 'Gray' instead of 'Grey'.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

its seems if it wasnt for me making threads there would be NO action at all on these forums.

Gray, The Ghol Lands C map isnt even finished yet so why have you seen it? its about 99% though.

we have a lot of other maps, like Land of Despair for instance.
thats got scripting on it and spiffie Dtexes.

that would be a better cross section of the kinda things we are doing... for those that want to see something from our campain.

we have a lot of other all new maps as well, just only a few have scripting.

Hows the Greek tagst going Carlinho? good to see your back! been a while!

its a sad day when theres more action to be had on Forums then the actual GAME itself the forums are ment for.
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Show us some screenshots of Lands of Despair.

If you'd read my post you'd note that Krille, the maker of your Ghol Lands map, showed me himself. I stated so.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Graydon wrote:Why don't you post some screenshots in your thread of your new maps to help INSPIRE people to help you on your project?
Agreed, definitely. To head off what could be a particularly nasty sort of flame war, I'd like to point out that there *is* a mostly finished map called Lands of Despair, which I have played and enjoyed--though it was at least a year ago at this point, and I only got to play it because I had good timing with a visit to the Wind Age forums. There are pre-script screenshots of it on the site, iirc. I really can't help but join the call for *gameplay* screenshots and beta levels though--that's the best way to gain interest and support.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Renwood wrote: its a sad day when theres more action to be had on Forums then the actual GAME itself the forums are ment for.

True enough but we hit that sad day years ago ... I can't remember the last time I signed onto Mnet and wasn't greeted with something like 'turn vTFL off'.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

the AFK lobby zombies have taken over mnet.
REMEMBER...HEADSHOTS ONLY!
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Renwood wrote:the AFK lobby zombies have taken over mnet.
REMEMBER...HEADSHOTS ONLY!
This isn't that kind of game. Hell, you can kill them with arrows in the legs if you want. You just have to hit them about eleven times.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Graydon wrote:
Wolf Age Team: Get'r done! :)
Was that a reference to me? :(
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures