Anyone who's made new unit sprites.. - ...for the myth 'verse... :nudges Iron:

Talk about anything here.
Welly

Post by Welly »

Graydon wrote:Keep up the great tracking job Welly. It'd be great to have a massive unit tagset/plugin out of this in the end....Even just as a resource to extract pre-made 3rd party units...All in one place, so convenient. Keep at it!

I've got a good deal of units listed by type (human melee, human missle/thrower, humanoid melee [myrks, ghols, TSG goblins..], various giants, harmless humans, dangerous animals, harmless wildlife) and the same list but organized by Debut Plugin (all the stuff that appeared in Dreamseedz) or by Creator (all wod'asini's stuff) depending on which is more appropriate in my view.

I'm confident that it has most of the more obscure (that is: not-as-well-rendered-as-bungie units) for the sake of completion, like Matthew J Redding's 3 units in Megalithic and Scott 'Murgen' Carlson's 2 original units for his major solos.. in addition of course to most or all of the more famous ones.

But I'd rather not release it knowing that I haven't found that 4-armed fetch which someone reminded me of. It's really annoying knowing that something is not as complete as you can make it before you post it!
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

That 4 armed fetch can be found in Ooga's 'Wizards and Warriors' plugin, somewhere over on udogs. Try his folder first naturally... if not, look in some plugin beta folders.. I dont think it was ever finalized.
Welly

Post by Welly »

Graydon wrote:That 4 armed fetch can be found in Ooga's 'Wizards and Warriors' plugin, somewhere over on udogs. Try his folder first naturally... if not, look in some plugin beta folders.. I dont think it was ever finalized.

Thanks Gray.. but A-Red beat ya to the punch though by a few hours via PM.

Once I find out who the heck made it (or that plugin it was on originally) I'll post the list here in a new thread (which means unless someone else knows, I'll have to find oog...), or leave it undocumented and post the list as-is by the 16th of this month, whichever comes sooner.

EDIT: posting soon.. just have an exam to take and some shit to write up and mail..
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

So it sounds like some of the units in Mazz are re-rendered. Which ones are they?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

the zerks, myrmidons, thrall, and thrall are re-rendered. The morts, herons, fetch, wights and ghols are high resed by ironduke's omfg s33krit meth0dz :o
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

For anyone who may be interested, I think I still have a Diablo unit from, you guessed it, Blizzard's Diablo (first one). I might have a few other units from Diablo as well (archer, heavy knight). I never got around to really finishing them.

William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Graydon wrote:the zerks, myrmidons, thrall, and thrall are re-rendered. The morts, herons, fetch, wights and ghols are high resed by ironduke's omfg s33krit meth0dz :o
You mean his 'use BUNGiE's bitmaps from before they were downsized' method? :D
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

It was nothing like that Will. If you only knew.. :(
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Well.... it was something like that... but he had something better than the bitmaps lets just say.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Yeah. If only I knew... I'm still not sure I take your meaning. You can't create something from nothing (ie. make it look any good by just enlarging it), so surely the only thing he could've used was the original bitmaps?
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

right will, but it was the process he used to recreate the sprites that was important, he didn't just improve the final product by turning up the quality setting or anything simple like that.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
capital

Post by capital »

Doobie wrote:he didn't just improve the final product by turning up the quality setting or anything simple like that.
::Turns up the new Quality slider in Fear to High::
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

ugh, i wish.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Gotcha Doobie - never said it was *easy* or nothin' :P
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

A group has a made some conversions from diablo to myth already, but not big D himself. Tarous Zars and oogabooga from MA are two I know were involved.