sup play-myth

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Doobie wrote:well, given that you can't see who is on pmnet, or what games are being played, or register a new account, or recover your old account info, I'd say it's actually near impossible for some people ;)
Too bad the license for MythChat forbids dissassembling or making the app able to connect to a different server.

Although, if it's possible to run MythChat and Myth II at the same time I guess you could have MythChat monitoring mariusnet and have MythII monitoring playmyth.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

it'd be nicer to have it able to connect to both servers.... simultaneously.

Basically merged data from both servers into a single window.
Give controls so that when changing rooms or typing or whatever you could specify which server to issue the command to.... or, just give a merged Room List and then Changing Rooms would allow you to seemlessly move between servers (hint for Magma for MythII 1.7 :p).
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Or more simply: We could all play on one server :/
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

PrplPplEater wrote:it'd be nicer to have it able to connect to both servers.... simultaneously.

Basically merged data from both servers into a single window.
Give controls so that when changing rooms or typing or whatever you could specify which server to issue the command to.... or, just give a merged Room List and then Changing Rooms would allow you to seemlessly move between servers (hint for Magma for MythII 1.7 :p).

Switching between rooms on diff servers sounds awesome actually.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

There is only ever a few full rooms on each anyway.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The Elfoid wrote:There is only ever a few full rooms on each anyway.
Yes, but the issue with trying to support two servers so we aren't stuck in the situation where there is only one server, is that you can't tell who is on playmyth without actually having Myth connected to playmyth. You can see who is on mariusnet (i think it still works?) with mythchat while you are logged onto PlayMyth, but _ideally_ it would be great to be able to see who is on what server and being able to see and switch back and forth in a meta-lobby would be majorly awesome.
Horus

Post by Horus »

vinylrake wrote:
The Elfoid wrote:There is only ever a few full rooms on each anyway.
Yes, but the issue with trying to support two servers so we aren't stuck in the situation where there is only one server, is that you can't tell who is on playmyth without actually having Myth connected to playmyth. You can see who is on mariusnet (i think it still works?) with mythchat while you are logged onto PlayMyth, but _ideally_ it would be great to be able to see who is on what server and being able to see and switch back and forth in a meta-lobby would be majorly awesome.
Originally you could see who was on pmnet by alt tabbing to your net browser, and going to the pmnet site then looking in the Who's on now section (doesn't work now of course).

I'd love for there to be a way to switch between Pmnet and Marius just by switching rooms, would make the whole process easier, less tedious, and more simple if an server Exodus is ever required in the future.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

What I would like to see from Mariusnet now is official Myth III support. The only way to get onto MariusNet via M3 is to hack into your metaserver file using a HexEditor and to change "balor.playmyth.net" with "myth.mariusnet.com".
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

People play M3? :P
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Lugas wrote:What I would like to see from Mariusnet now is official Myth III support. The only way to get onto MariusNet via M3 is to hack into your metaserver file using a HexEditor and to change "balor.playmyth.net" with "myth.mariusnet.com".
Excuse the newbieness of the question since I haven't done this, but after you've hacked the server name in the metaserver file could you then distribute a hacked metaserver file for mariusnet MIII that other non-hexers could use to play myth 3 on mariusnet?
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

vinylrake wrote:
Lugas wrote:What I would like to see from Mariusnet now is official Myth III support. The only way to get onto MariusNet via M3 is to hack into your metaserver file using a HexEditor and to change "balor.playmyth.net" with "myth.mariusnet.com".
Excuse the newbieness of the question since I haven't done this, but after you've hacked the server name in the metaserver file could you then distribute a hacked metaserver file for mariusnet MIII that other non-hexers could use to play myth 3 on mariusnet?
Yes, you could distribute it.... and I'm not sure what sort of Official support is needed. Mariusnet has "supported" the ability to connect with Myth III for a few years now. What is it you would want Mariusnet to do? I suppose I could host a copy of that edited file, but aside from that I don't know what "official" support is.

While there is currently no ranking system in place for it, it would be fairly straightforward to do as all games are recorded just as with SBR & TFL.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

I could distribute it, but it would have my name/flag. :shock:

Some problem I've encountered, if I'm a guest, I can't go to "The Ermine". Is this not allowed or will I have to register?
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.

Post by Avatara »

Lugas wrote:I could distribute it, but it would have my name/flag. :shock:

Some problem I've encountered, if I'm a guest, I can't go to "The Ermine". Is this not allowed or will I have to register?
Ermine is a ranked room. Guest accounts don't have rank, so yeah, you gotta register.
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Myrd wrote:People play M3? :P
QFT
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Blades wrote:...so this will have to be done by the end of next week in order for it to really ever get done.
So what does that mean now?

-DA