http://myth4thewindage.com HAS GONE LIVE!

Talk about anything here.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

ozone wrote:
Baron LeDant wrote:A gentleman never divulges names.
but he can call them idiots? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stop hiding behind your skirt and spit out the name.

:wink:
That's a kilt he's got on, not a skirt!
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Of course I'm allowed to call them an idiot. This is the 21st century after all.

And sorry Frum, it's a skirt

Since for some reason a few people are interested in knowing who it is lets play forum hangman.

_ _ _ _ _

you get 5 wrong letters max
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

Ok, I'll give it a shot. How about U
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

nuh uh

(insert crappy hangman sketch here)

_ _ _ _ _

used letters: U

p.s. I'm going to start a lame hangman game on marius forum too!
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Zaknafein wrote:
William Wallet wrote:
carlinho wrote:I've been like 3 years now with the greek tagset and I could well be a while more... :roll:
yes, it takes forever....
There's a crucial difference here. You've always had an awesome attitude towards people and the previews of your work have spoken for themselves.

You could take ten years and I still wouldn't complain, seriously.
So you are complaining because you don't like renwood?
What? No!? I'm only commenting on his attitude towards 'complainers', some of which had decent points to make.
That, and honestly; am I *wrong* about Carlinho, here?? Not only is his work incredible, but he's humble about it. That was all I was getting at.
oogaBooga wrote:

Ten years.. yet youre complaining about OUR tagset? You realize how much of a hypocrite that makes you? A huge one. Crucial difference? You OBVIOUSLY arent talking about our attitude being not positive - it was people like YOU that made negative posts on renwood's POSITIVE announcement posts. You have nobody to blame for the discussions going sour except YOURSELF. And the trolls who posted with you. So there is no "crucial difference", just your need to take sides based on childish whims and the dissatisfaction of seeing the digit "4" in the title. Thats a damn childish reason to not like something. If any of you took the time to see the state of the current tagset youd notice all of the new shit constantly going in 16 frame alpha mapped beautiful explosion sprites, healing sprites, smoke, effects, all sorts of new graphical flavor. Not to mention we're receiving renders for our SECOND all-new unit collection, the color guard. Right now the modelers are preparing an alternate "zombie" version for the flesh eating zombie levels, where your units really can be infected by zombie bites and resurrect as enemies. So once again spare me your "the project is doomed" portents - we ALREADY have enough to release a "salvaged map collection" if the project ever got compromised somehow, we ALREADY have enough to make a decent sized multi-level romp - all that needs to happen now is more fleshing out of the maps already in development. We're on track to success and every day new things are being accomplished. Right now the largest myth map in HISTORY is being worked on - armies of epic proportions will be clashing on this map. And if all goes well the new models being worked on for it will add just that much more atmosphere and professionalism to it. Its posters with nothing positive to say and only venom to contribute who made threads like ren's announcement into flame wars. You and Amadeus both need to stop provoking and criticizing (especially considering your complete and utter ignorance and lack of knowledge about what is REALLY going on behind the scenes to make TWA happen). Youre all too stuck on typos to consider that grammar/typos are NOT RELATED TO SOMEONE"S PROFICIENCY IN OTHER AREAS. Oh boo hoo ren isnt good at conveying information, lets all assume that has something to do with the quality of the campaign. Thank god I don't use logic like that, or i'd be as petty and spitefull as the lurkers who ruined the announcements with their vitriol.

-ooga
Something tells me you're upset. Either that, or you are on crack.
Look. It's very simple. A guy acts like a dick. Someone will call him on it. That's all I did. Hell; in your judgement, I'm being a dick, so you've gone and done the same in return.

Where's the 'venom' in anything I've said!!? I pointed out that if all we had to go on was Ren's site and his announcement thread, then we aren't in for anything great. So what? The work will speak for itself; correct?
Forgive me for being cynical about new Myth projects. Seventh God was such a drawn out joke that I am very, very wary of people telling me that the best thing ever is on the way.
I'm not a baddy, here; I like playing an awesome plugin, and if yours winds up being one, then good for all of us I say.

You are screwing the gift horse to the barn door before the cows come home if you think my problem with your campaign has anything to do with it possibly being called "Myth 4". I'd be cautious about such a title for exactly the same reasons that ChrisP outlined, but that's not the issue here. My dissatisfaction stemmed from half of your development team acting like insufferable prigs when faced with even slight criticism; even the criticisms that had some worth to them.

In any event; and I say this with every sincerity, I do wish you guys all the best. Good plugins hurt nobody.

(Tell that to Godzfire next time you play Wars of Reckoning, though.....)
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Im doing my part! Are you doing yours?
Last edited by Renwood on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Renwood wrote:Hey wanker that post was like 2 weeks old.

play more myth mb WW instead of haunting forums posting on old ass shit.
Case closed.
lank

Post by lank »

Hey wanker that post was like 2 weeks old.

ren, if you want people to care and think nicely of you and your project, you've just fucked yourself up the arse with a twelve inch black rubber cock with this one.

i'm sorry for my language, to those who are offended by it, but, ren, you disappoint me with that. i want to look forward to enjoying your project, whatever it winds up being called, but when you do that, i just feel ashamed for you. maybe i haven't been following his posts all that closely, but when was the last you saw wallet post here? maybe he hasn't visited in a couple of weeks and is following up with a point he thinks is still valid to something he sees as unanswered.

whatever way you cut the cake, you've now justified all of wallet's concerns and then some. no pity here, because the only person hating here now is you.
*toot*
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Well to be honest, I just wanted to answer what oogabooga had said.. this was hardly 'old ass shit' as Ren put it. Someone had something to say to me, and I felt like answering.
'Old ass shit' would be me bitching that Blades got Magma temporarily shut down a few years ago.

As for 'playing more Myth', trust me, I've wanted to. !!! It's been a busy semester is all.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Im doing my part! Are you doing yours?
Last edited by Renwood on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
lank

Post by lank »

renwood, just stop being a martyr!

i don't really know you very well, but i do know (and trust) ooga. if he says you're a good guy, i will take his word for it - until proven otherwise. right now, you're proving him a liar, or mistaken (at best), and i hate that.

if things are going shit in your real life and that's disturbing you emotionally to the point that you're lashing out at people on an internet forum (of all things) take a break from posting, or just be aware that you're in the mood for posting shit and think about whether or not what you've written is a flame and refrain if it is. it can be difficult, i know, but just stop being a dickhead (like you are now) when the ball is in your court to show courtesy and respect (when have i treated you with undue disrespect? please tell me and i'll apologise!) and things will cool down, i promise. anyone who doesn't cool down as you cool down is just a troll, worth ignoring. don't join their class!

please, ren, just let it drop. any history between you and wallet is between you and wallet; keep it there - especially when it looks like he's being the civil one (if you truly feel wronged by him in the past) and respond civilly to him in turn, even if you don't agree, and none of this shit needs to happen.
*toot*
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Wow, Ren. Jeez. That was unnecessary.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Renwood wrote:Hey wanker that post was like 2 weeks old.

Renwood wrote:Go suck an egg lank.
Oh Gods, what is it with people on the internet and Drama, the last time I saw a person acting like you are Ren he ended up commiting suicide (his body was discovered yesterday morning, he had died of a self inflicted deliberate Heroin overdose).

So calm the hell down already.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I'd settle it over a game of Creep but everytime I host I get people telling me to turn vTFL off. :?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

William Wallet wrote: You are screwing the gift horse to the barn door before the cows come home if you think ...
So far this gets my vote for "2007 Best use of a mixed metaphor on a myth forum".

Seriously. No disrespect intended, I really love a good mixed metaphor.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.