Post Something

Talk about anything here.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

detail textures? those are handcrafted index images! Graydon is that good.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I've seen 1.7 detail texture screen shots in public forums before - going back I think at least a year ago - it's what's got me interested in 1.7 in the first place.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

well they certainly ARE detail textures though in gray's screenshots, but ok good, we have been wanting to show some 1.7 screenshots and feature videos of our newer units.

Last i heard it was still ment to be private, but i hope that time is over.....it was well over a year ago.

expect some super peachie stuff soon!
Peach Out
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

WOOO BLOOD GULCH.

Im not the only one to notice that, right?

Does that mean the infamous halo units have been recovered somewhere?

-ooga
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: .

Post by Pyro »

So posting images of detail textures is not right but posting the contents of the change log is? :wink: From what I've seen, it isn't so much that the 1.7 stuff is forbidden to be shown but rather not to reveal all of 1.7's secrets... yet.

As for your question ooga, those original models are gone. However who's to say they can't be obtained once again from whatever source they were once from. 8)
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Screenshots from Myth II 1.7 beta are fine.
Horus

Post by Horus »

A-Red wrote:That WAS made in Paint. Gray's just that good.
Dirty rotten liar! He used a Komodo dragon chewed crayon attached to an electrical wire which was connected to his computer and drew on a sheet of his own self flayed flesh!
remedial

Post by remedial »

Those look outrageously cool, Gray.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

wait until you PLAY on that map with the features we are cooking :)
remedial

Post by remedial »

I like everything except the part about "wait until....." :cry: I'd like to hear more!

Is it possible to use these texture overlays sparingly? I'm sure it is, that might be a stupid question- I'm just hoping they won't cause people to ignore the many details that make a quality colormap.

Now I'm sounding like a crotchety nostalgist.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

remedial wrote:Is it possible to use these texture overlays sparingly? I'm sure it is, that might be a stupid question- I'm just hoping they won't cause people to ignore the many details that make a quality colormap.
Yes it is possible. Not everyone will be playing with the textures on, so the map has to look good without them as well.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Detail Texturing is limited to computers that can process OpenGL. So the base colourmap still has to look good ;)
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

people without openGL need to start saving up now to upgrade or get an older used comp that can use OpenGL. trust me its worth it if you allways wanted myth to look better.
Peach Out
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Renwood TWA wrote:people without openGL need to start saving up now to upgrade or get an older used comp that can use OpenGL. trust me its worth it if you allways wanted myth to look better.
I want it to look worse! Roll on Myth 2D for v1.8!
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Myth v1.8 will use the Battle for Wesnoth engine. Cutting edge tiled hexagonal 2D graphics, enthralling turn-based combat system. Hell yeah.

Actually I was going to make a Fallen Lords campaign for Wesnoth, until I realized that units couldn't self-destruct with damaging effect to units within their radius. Hence, no wights.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder