The 7th God, who made it?

Talk about anything here.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

I just finally got around to downloading the 7th God, and I have to say it is amazing. Absolutely incredible. I daresay it may be better than Myth 1 & 2.

Problem is, I lost the folder it came in, and I have no clue who made it. Anyone want to help me out? I tried looking for their website but it looked defunct....I was probably looking in the wrong place...
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Creation Games. And last i checked thier website was down.

Edited By TarousZars on 1151603320
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Cobalt 7 wrote:I daresay it may be better than Myth 1 & 2.
You can say it, but that won't make it so.

I mean, really - the units were incredible. The mesh design on that city level with the world knot thing was pretty clever.

But... (and I realise I'm indirectly criticising my *own* maps when I say this, as they suffer a similar problem) the vocal talent was shit!
The story dull. It's like going to a cinema to see "Gandhi" and being shown "Small Soldiers".

There was a lot to like in Seventh God but I simply don't feel that (as a whole) it was anywhere near the things it was promised to be.

I guess what annoyed me the most was the premise, the very use of the word 'epic' (if it was used, that is - maybe I'm thinking of something else).
There can be such a thing as trying too hard. I think it needed a dose of humour and a little less pretense.

But what do I know, hey.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

William Wallet wrote:But... (and I realise I'm indirectly criticising my *own* maps when I say this, as they suffer a similar problem) the vocal talent was shit!
The story dull. It's like going to a cinema to see "Gandhi" and being shown "Small Soldiers".

There was a lot to like in Seventh God but I simply don't feel that (as a whole) it was anywhere near the things it was promised to be.

I guess what annoyed me the most was the premise, the very use of the word 'epic' (if it was used, that is - maybe I'm thinking of something else).
There can be such a thing as trying too hard. I think it needed a dose of humour and a little less pretense.

I believe I've told you this before, but I entirely disagree. I think it actually was the best plug ever made, and pretty much comparable to the original games in most ways. I found the overall storyline pretty captivating, and the voice acting was acceptable (I admit I'm not too picky about that sort of thing). I would go so far as to say I liked it better than Soulblighter, though not better than TFL.

Cobalt, if you're looking for more specific names: The units were all made by Cydonian (except Vulthannis?), the maps were scripted by Ares and Cydonian, and the meshes and colormaps were done by Clem and Soma. Others may have been involved, I'm not sure, but those were the key players.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

William Wallet wrote:
Cobalt 7 wrote:I daresay it may be better than Myth 1 & 2.
You can say it, but that won't make it so.

I mean, really - the units were incredible. The mesh design on that city level with the world knot thing was pretty clever.

But... (and I realise I'm indirectly criticising my *own* maps when I say this, as they suffer a similar problem) the vocal talent was shit!

But what do I know, hey.
You have to remember that we both are VERY critical about other people's efforts on the internet. Be it fan-films or Myth plugs, we usually make fun of them horribly.

That said, I agree with Will. Sure it's great, but the voice acting *cough cough* sucked and the levels (although I have this problem with a lot of 3rd party campaigns I play) just don't interest me like the original Myth ones do.

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Actually Cyd wasn't a scripter. Ares and GHOST were the main scripters, and SiliconDream did the two RPG levels.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

From http://www.mything.org/maps/readmes/seventh-god/pages/credits.html

Credits

All of the following people were involved in the production of The Seventh God listed alphabetically.

Arc (aka Bryce Gunkel)
Artwork

Ares (aka Argyrios Saccopoulos)
Gameplay director, scripting, compiling, physics, flavors, story editing

BadThrall (aka Matt C)
Scripting

Clem (aka Rick Stufflebean)
Artistic director, colormaps, model texturing, pregames, scenery, website

Chad (aka Chad Jones)
Story

Cydonian (aka Bill Erickson)
Units, scenery, physics, flavor texts

Dozer (aka Stuart Malaske)
Colormaps, model texturing

Ghost (aka Thom Ling)
Scripting

Giant (aka Scott Melanson)
Scenery

Killswitch (aka M. Sanders)
Model hexing help

Korgath (aka David Predina)
Vulthannis unit, effects

Milk Man (aka Cedric Williams)
Story Editing

Modest
Colormaps

Reddek (aka John Morris)
Scripting, physics, scenery, models

SiliconDream (aka Anton Mates)
Scripting, compiling, physics, flavor texts, special effects, story editing

Soma (aka Phillip Urlich)
Colormaps, models, model texturing

Synapsed (aka Chad Careswell)
Scripting, PC debugging

The Pope (aka Paul Schrier)
Models, scenery, model texturing

Glue the Moose Music Studios
is responsible for the music and narration of The Seventh God. The team members are:
Keyboards: Nate Tschetter
Guitar: John DePatie
Strings: David Hughes
Vocals: William Rivera
Additional Percussion: Dave Anderson, Bobby Breton
Music Copyright Glue the Moose, Inc. 2001

Narrators

Gorlan: Tobias Korner
Jarl Werrand: Paul Lewis

Voices:
Male Voices: Cydonian
Female Voices: Robin Tarter

Special thanks to:
the Wolfpack order for dedicated beta testing
Vista Cartel for their fantastic tools and Take Two for having the confidence and interest in our abilities to feature TSG on the M2: Worlds CD on sale in a store near you.
Last but definately not least, all our beta testers! Without your help this project would not be as complete and enjoyable as it currently is. Thanks to all of you.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

That's a massive team. No wonder they got it done in a year.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Wow, I really appreciate the responses guys. I'm not too far into it, but I see where some of the complaints are coming from*.
The level design on Most of the maps is great. Large castles, giant worldknots, etc really bring it to life. The custom units are just amazing, I think I'm in love with those Legionaires and Elven Archers.:laugh:

The story so far has been fairly riveting, and the amount of effort they put in really shows. The flavor texts are some of the best I've seen (all things considered)

On the con side, the unit voices acting definetly could have benefited from a proper recording studio. Plus a little less melodrama in some recordings would have be great. Some of them sound great, or don't bother me, but it's really glaring in some unit speeches. But I like the journal narrations.

I'm rather mixed on the scripting. There's some of the most impressive scripting at work, and it leads to some very fun missions, but there are some pretty stupid units at work. In the first mission it was most glaring. In one playthrough, my southern position was overrun with zerks. But they completely ignored the Warlock that had been decimating them as he and 2 archers ran away, and they went and killed peasants that were FARTHER away.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hah it's fine A-Red I don't expect to be anything but outnumbered in this, but I thought I'd register my thoughts on the thing.

For a project with that many people working on it, it just came across as bereft of any kind of soul. Furthermore, every innovation in this was frankly bested in Jinn. I don't find either campaign compelling enough to play more than a couple of times (hyuk hyuk) but Jinn in particular had stuff in it that really made me raise my eyebrows. (Like that level that used model animations so you could poke around in buildings... haha, genius).

I still maintain that the units in 7th God are fantastic, I'd be a fool to discount that. Cydonian is probably my favourite unitmaker, alongside IronDuke.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Grrr, Does anyone have any advice on how to beat Harvek Mountain? I've been at it for the last hour or 2. I keep getting wasted in those last final waves....
Horus

Post by Horus »

I see those credits don't include Lothar who helped Ghost update TSG to work on 1.4 and higher.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Haha, speak of the devil. I was just looking at an article that talked about TSG update to 1.4. wow, creepy.

Also, this mission with the elves is becoming a real pain in the ass...stupid spy mission.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Horus â„¢ wrote:I see those credits don't include Lothar who helped Ghost update TSG to work on 1.4 and higher.

The credits posted were the historical (e.g.original) credits from one of the Creation Game web pages that dated back to the initial release of The Seventh God.

No credit ommission for any later work on TSG intended.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Krille

Post by Krille »

What's the latest version of 7th god?
I've got v1, is there any newer? and if there is, where can I get it?