? about fire

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Can I change the size of the fire from flame arrows? If I can how. I have been looking around Fear and haven't found anyway to yet. I am going to keep looking but if some1 could tell me it would be nice. Thanks
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

How do you mean change the size? You can change the size graphically by going into Local Projectile Groups and opening "internal effect fire" and changing the value for scale (it's on the left hand side).
If you mean actually change how fire spreads then unfortunately that is defined by engine and cannot be changed, you could however cheat by creating some little projectiles which set the ground on fire, and have them created when a flaming arrow goes off, these would then start more fires and create a larger spread.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Thanks haravikk. I found it. Thats what I wanted to do was change the scale of it. I have another question. Where do I link it to the flame arrows? So that they work with the Flame arrows I made. I have checked in Archer arrow flaming explosion in LPG, Bowman arrow flaming explosion in PG and bowman arrow flaming in Proj. I have linked all of these together where I can but I can't find how to apply the new scaled fire to them. Thanks for the help.
skrew

Post by skrew »

aslong as you didnt change the name of internal effect fire when you changed the scale of the fire it should be cool but if you dont want all the fire in the entire game to be bigger then you have to change something else, i dont have fear intfront of me right now but i think the flag "catches fire" or "starts fire" - whatever it is, activates that lpgr and i dont think you can link it to another projectile, but its been a while and im in a sri lankan internet cafe.

~skrew
King kong died for our sins!
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Skrew sounds roughly as though he's got it :P

Myth can only have one fire effect that 'spreads' dependent upon terrain set alight and so-on, this always uses the collection 'internal effect fire' (and 'internal effect smoke').
However, you can create the illusion of another type of fire by creating an attack that spawns something similar to a warlock's ring of fire, but using your new fire LPGR and with lifespan and damage set as you see fit. It wouldn't however obey quite the same laws as normal fire.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these: