Five Kingdoms - beta release

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Phex

Post by Phex »

I made a plugin a while ago that is called Five Kingdoms. It is a multiplayer campaign which includes five different races: Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Goblins and Undead. Every race has its own unique units and "rules", there are really a lot of new strategies to explore.

This is just a beta version; I release it because I need more people to test the unit balancing which is far from perfect right now. This is the reason why there is only one map included. Nevertheless, this map is very flexible and has some random events. I.e. when you play it on heroic, there are reinforcements, on legendary every team gets more units.

There are many new and exotic features used, like morale. This is why YOU NEED MYTH v.1.5.1 TO PLAY IT!

You can visit my website for further information like a quick unit quide.

You can get the plugin (version 1.0 beta) here:

SIT version
ZIP version

Download & test it! :)

rgds,
- Phex.

PS: Someone told me about a strange bug - myth crashes in about 1 of 2 cases when you play something different than legendary and trade a forest giant. I really cannot explain it, but I will run some more tests. Until then, you are only on the save side when you play legendary. Im sorry about that - if anybody has any hint what might be wrong, please tell me!
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The crash is fixed for 1.5.1 final.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Ain't Myrd amazing?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Phex

Post by Phex »

He is! :surprised:
Thanks for the info!

(Btw, some other comments?)
Heinzoliger

Post by Heinzoliger »

i just "tested" it alone. Looks really great.

Just one bug found : you can't select the ghost dorf when he is walking on water.

And I launched your map 5 times and I had the dorfs one time and the undead 4 times...

Now I have to find someone online to really play with it
Phex

Post by Phex »

Guest wrote:Just one bug found : you can't select the ghost dorf when he is walking on water.

Yes, you are right. But you can always select him by dragging a selection box arround him (or by recalling a preset).

This is something for Project Magma - A unit that is able to 'walk on surface of water' seems to be not selectable when it stands on the water. A bug?
EDIT: found out that just "ghost visible" units cannot be selected. Walking on water works perfect.
Phex

Post by Phex »

Okay, intensive beta testing has brought a lot of reasonable changes. I dont know if anybody here is interested in it, but Version 1.0 of 5 Kingdoms is finished! It includes redesigned unit distribution depending on difficult level, an extra map for reinforcement-mode (number and time of reinforcements depends on difficulty and map time), fixed terrain map, fixed unselectable-dwarf-bug, improved unit stats and much more.

Download it here (about 16-18 MB):
SIT version
ZIP version

This will be the last version for a longer period of time because I have other things to do.
I hope to meet you online with my plugin sometime!

Hf & Play Myth! :)
- Phex.