Combing Collections in Amber

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Shaister

Post by Shaister »

Hey guys,

I'm trying my hand at mapmaking with ska and I thought a werewolf unit would be neat. But, I see that to make a werewolf transform via artifact it would need the human and wolf forms in a single collection.

So, we know how to extract collection tags, but nothing about using Amber. Does anyone know how to go about combining two collections into one?
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

For this you'll need to learn at least the basics of using Amber. I barely know the basics myself, so mb there is a better way of doing this, but...

First, you'll need to start by making sure all the sprites you're using share the same color index table. This'll probably involve extracting all the sequences from both collections, putting them in one photoshop document and reindexing that file, just to save a new color index table. Then open each individual sequence one by one in Photoshop, and using the saved color index table, apply it to all the seperate sequences and save them.

From there, make a new collection and add the sequences one by one. Look at how another unit collection is set up and follow that example.

A werewolf unit would be neat, but it is a timeconsuming endeavor.
Shaister

Post by Shaister »

Heh.. combing.

Thanks CP!
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

long time no see Shai, what you been up to?
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Shaister

Post by Shaister »

Well, my team just got knocked out of MWC :p. Other than that, working (unpaid) part-time at a DC lawyer's office until lawschool starts back up. How're you'n Coggs doing?
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Lots of new stuff going on for me, I just bought a house, coggs has moved out to penticton bc, and I'm about to go to bc for a 2 week vacation, going to see coggs in penticton (and my parents new chunk of land), and then go to vancouver for my aunts wedding, then i'm going camping on the island for a few days.

I'll have more time to chat later, but for now i'm busy getting everything ready to withstand my 2 week absence here at the office.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Shaister

Post by Shaister »

Ah, sounds like you're living the good life now. Where do you work at?
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

To expand on CP's answer for a moment, you can speed up the process he described by using Photoshop's Batch Process. It basically involves creating a simple script that automatically applies the same series of steps to a large number of files. Check Adobe's site for more detailed explanations.
Mauglir
Shaister

Post by Shaister »

Thanks Mauglir, will do.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Back from vacation (pictures to be posted shortly).

I work at a government funded not for profit agency that provides support to developmentally disabled people. Support ranges from residential support, day programs, educational programs, vocational programs, helping peopel start small business, travel clubs, dinner clubs, movie clubs etc. Basically improving the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.

My job specifically, is that I'm the only IT guy, so one minute i might be running cat5 cable, the next i'm writing IT policies, and later i'm building a database, or going offsite to troubleshoot a computer. It's not what I went to school for (programming), but it's varied, and challenging at times, and I work with an amazing group of people, I actually look forward to going to work most days.
KyleMaclean.net
Shaister

Post by Shaister »

Can't ask for much more than that in a job.. how 'bout Coggs?