dragon

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
ravengard

Post by ravengard »

Iv been having problems with the dragon unit. The dragon fly seems to be all alright, but its not actually, it acts like a melee unit, my herons can cure him and ground units can also atack him, plus, he cannot bypass unwalkable ground and units, what I have to do to make the dragon fly actually works as he is flying?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

In the monster's 'Flags' settings, try checking the box that says 'Flies'. Note, it is not the 'Floats' one.

As for the terrain issues, that is also set within the monster's tag under Terrain Parameters.... you can set whether the unit has access to terrain type X, Y, Z etc...and also what speed the unit travels on said terrain type.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I know it isn't applicable in this instance, but in case Raven replies with more issues, his English isn't 100% perfect. Almost always understandable, but if he makes errors just let me talk to him and work it out : )
Horus

Post by Horus »

The Elfoid wrote:I know it isn't applicable in this instance, but in case Raven replies with more issues, his English isn't 100% perfect. Almost always understandable, but if he makes errors just let me talk to him and work it out : )
:angry:

If you can't post on topic, or with usefull information, then don't post at all.

His english is fine.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Horus â„¢ wrote:
The Elfoid wrote:I know it isn't applicable in this instance, but in case Raven replies with more issues, his English isn't 100% perfect. Almost always understandable, but if he makes errors just let me talk to him and work it out : )
:angry:

If you can't post on topic, or with usefull information, then don't post at all.

His english is fine.
Horus, you really shouldn't post about someone being off-topic, when doing so quite clearly makes your own post off-topic as well. It makes you guilty of the same crime :P

Also, it's worth noting that if the dragon unit is very low to the ground (ie hasn't been raised high enough in Loathing) then it can still be in range of many attacks, including melee ones.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

What speed he travels at on different terrain should all be equal if its not actually touching teh ground, right? Shouldn't it automatically do that?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

haravikk wrote:Horus, you really shouldn't post about someone being off-topic, when doing so quite clearly makes your own post off-topic as well. It makes you guilty of the same crime :P

haravikk, wouldn't your post commenting on the off-topicness of horus's post commenting on the off-topicness of elfoid's post be even more off-topic?

Just to stay on topic, dragons are cool.

raven - is this a new unit or one you found somewhere and are fixing up?
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Ravengard: The latest Fear (for the PC anyway) has a new flag that might be useful:

* In the monster tag under "Flags..." check "Flies" and also check "Raise to Flying Height" (that's the new flag)

This will cause the unit to actually fly (without having to manually change it's Z (height) on a map with Loathing).

As far as moving over different terrain, also in the monster tag select "Terain Params...", towards the bottom check "Walking Impassable" and put a value of 1.000 in for Speed.

I don't recommend checking "Flying Impassable" since most maps use a layer of it as a border and you can lose units off the edge of maps. Still - I've used it for an up-coming flying unit, but only because we play on maps like "Bustle in Your Hedgerow" where the mapmaker used Flying Impassable terrain for the hedges (where they should have used Walking Impassable). :)

Edited By Baak on 1131559482
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Aye, most people back then didnt realize that 'Walking Impassible' blocks souless, even though they float. Dumb n00bz. :) [<---- Jk about them being noobs, these are the guys that founded myth mapmaking we're talking about!]
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

vinylrake wrote:
haravikk wrote:Horus, you really shouldn't post about someone being off-topic, when doing so quite clearly makes your own post off-topic as well. It makes you guilty of the same crime :P
haravikk, wouldn't your post commenting on the off-topicness of horus's post commenting on the off-topicness of elfoid's post be even more off-topic?

Just to stay on topic, dragons are cool.

raven - is this a new unit or one you found somewhere and are fixing up?
It's one he found.
ravengard

Post by ravengard »

vinylrake wrote: raven - is this a new unit or one you found somewhere and are fixing up?

DLoad dragon, skeleton or firbolgs,etc here:
http://hl.udogs.net/files....%20Tags

thanks a lot guys :D
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

vinylrake wrote:haravikk, wouldn't your post commenting on the off-topicness of horus's post commenting on the off-topicness of elfoid's post be even more off-topic?
No, because I was going to post an addition anyway, and if you'll read my post I did :P

And as a further note, it is possible to have flying units fly at different speeds on different terrains. Quite why you'd want to is beyond me, but they move just like a normal unit, only higher up =)
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
lank

Post by lank »

if you grade terrain types by approximate slope you can assign a value between 0 and 1 for that slope to adjust the horizontal speed so it maintains total speed while climbing. in particular, the value would be the cosine of the angle of the slope (or the sine of the normal of the slope :P ).

if you don't know what i'm talking about, that's ok; you're only reading the tired ramblings of a maths student before he crashes into merciful sleep, looking forward not to his exam but the first moment it is finished and every single other thereafter.
*toot*
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

g'luck lank.
lank

Post by lank »

thanks, gray. it's over now, and i'm free all summer. :D
*toot*