Morale effect & Another Question - in 1.5.1

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hey uh... sorry to bother over something trivial like this but there's no reference to the morale feature in the Fear 1.5.1 docs...

How does morale work? I mean - I've just tried PC Fear for the first time so I'll be experimenting with these neat features anyway, but I'm wondering if a voice of experience might help me out a bit? :D
---
CRAP just remembered -
Hey IronDuke, are we allowed to use that higher res journeyman yet, or is it sort of taboo?
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Horus

Post by Horus »

New/High Res unit collection
= released (ie non beta)
= For use by anyone as long as the author gets credit.

At least that's what Iron said last I saw him.

If it's wrong I'm sure he'll correct me.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

where can we get our hands on that plugin of high res units?

william,here's something Iron wrote about morale a while ago:

well it was inspired by a similar feature in the myth 3 code, except we took it a step further. Firstly imagine you have some kind of leader unit - Garrick for instance. As an experiment, open his tag and click the "Affects Morale" checkbox. Give it a radius of 8, an Allied Kill Bonus of 5 and an enemy Kill Bonus of -2.

Then go into the warrior and bowman tags, open Flags and check "Morale can be boosted". Same for ghols.

When you play Gonen's Bridge, any friendly unit within 8 world units of Garrick will start fighting as if they've gotten 5 kills already. Any enemy ghol will fight as if it has 2 less kills (mb because it is scared of Garrick).

That's basically how it works.

hope that helps
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Aye! Thanks a million for that carlinho

The plugin of hi res units isn't quite that. For Frenzy of the Damned, Iron Duke made new berserks and new thrall, that basically look like the old ones but with more frames and bigger pictures.
Then he used the unit bitmaps for Myth 2 (but before they got downsized in a bid to save disk space... ridiculous!) and made units around them. To wit, I think he did the mortar dwarf, journeyman, trow... I'm pretty certain there's more.

So yeah, if you play Frenzy of the Damned, you'll probably see the hi res'd units. Which rock. They are the way they should have been in 1998.

Anyway. I certainly meant to give him credit if I did decide to use the thing, but I really want permission first :D
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

cool !
I'll check it out!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
whenders0n

Post by whenders0n »

wow those new units look sick! is there a plugin to make them look that way in all games? mb 1.5.2...
.william
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Those units, along with anything from other plugins that I've made, are free to use provided you don't claim them as your own work. No need to ask me for specific permission. I'm just happy to see new stuff made that's fun to play :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"Those units, along with anything from other plugins that I've made, are free to use provided you don't claim them as your own work. No need to ask me for specific permission."

Thanks a million, it's for a... er, patch, of a plugin that Cid and I made about a year ago. Caused PCs to crash. Meh. I hope it works better now.

"I'm just happy to see new stuff made that's fun to play "

Hehe, the jury is still out on that one... :D
whenders0n

Post by whenders0n »

So wait William did you make the units into a plugin for any game or no? Thanks,
.william