Mazz 5 Music

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Brusier

Post by Brusier »

was wondering where you got the music for mazz 5 from (mainly the postgame and in the beggining). it sound really familiar. was wondering if you guys had it up somewhere to download from?
Please remember that I am not responsible for any messages posted. I do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and am not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

The entirely original post and pre game music for the Mazz series was written, performed and recorded by our very own Grasshopper. It might be available for download if you poke around this site, I'm not sure.
?

Post by ? »

ChrisP wrote:entirely original

Then why i have i heard the same music on a completely unrelated telivision documentry. I think the music is actually classical written by some guy that been dead over a century.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Read carefully Mr. ?, ChrisP said the pregame and postgame music. They were put together by Grasshopper, perhaps he lifted the tune? I don't think so. Can't remember.
The only pre-existing composition from Mazz V is not by Grasshopper and features once or twice during the level itself. In fact I know nothing about the tune, but you can find it in Donny Darko!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Guest wrote:Then why i have i heard the same music on a completely unrelated telivision documentry. I think the music is actually classical written by some guy that been dead over a century.

No, you didn't and no, it is not. Sorry.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

The music in the game is Manipulated Living from Donnie Darko. Cool music, and very fitting for the game really =)
It's also awesome if you get it CD quality and play it REALLY loud on speakers with decent bass.

The pregame music if anything is more reminiscent of Myth's music, the same sort of eerie noises, with the main original part being a steady drum beat.

The postgame is definitely not a classical piece of music.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

Oops, there I was the other day congratulating Grasshopper for "his" great in-game music, but still complaining that he used only two chords -- the theme had more potential.

Now I see that the real composer is Michael Andrews.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Andrews_%28musician%29

Unless Grasshopper *is* Michael Andrews, anonymously working for Project Magma?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Maybe if you had an account we could tell you wis!
kickenwing

Post by kickenwing »

Shhh....we don't want him to join.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Michael Andrews only did the Donnie Darko music (used in-game), it isn't accredited to Grasshopper who did the pre and post game musics (which are also cool).
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

There are actually three songs composed and performed by Grasshopper in the plugin (and NO, the ingame song by Andrews isn't one of them. Sheesh, read the credits!) the pregame, postgame victory and postgame loss.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I've not heard the victory one yet :D

If Grasshopper is being accused of plagiarism, I'd like very much to hear the song he's "ripped off!" Accusations like this can't just be thrown around like water balloons! Where are the parents????
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
ozone

Post by ozone »

I think the problem comes from the fact that the author/composer of the in-game music is not credited at all in the read me. Because of this it is easy for one to assume Grasshopper did ALL the music. Also...in the future it would be wise to credit those that actually have copyrights on their work...

:0
do it.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Now that I just looked at the readmes, good point. "Manipulated Living" has been the ingame theme since Mazz II, Gh's music since Mazz III. In previous versions Michael Andrews was properly credited in the read mes (Manipulated Living' from the 'Donnie Darko' soundtrack: Micheal Andrews) but somehow this was overlooked in V - although it does specify that Gh's compositions "still grace the pre and post games of Mazzarin’s Demise."

Edited By ChrisP on 1139439844