LCD Display Issues - Resolution not supported, even on v1.5.1

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
willowoak

Post by willowoak »

Help!

I want to get back to playing both Myth TFL and Myth Soulblighter but my new monitor will not let me! Its a proview LCD 19" monitor, and even when running soulblighter with the new updated V1.5.1 that is supposed to allow higher resolutions my monitor always give me a "mode not supported" error message. I know the lowest "native" resolutions for this monitor are not what the game normally loads in, and I've tried everything I can think of, such as customizing start options (set lower resolution, win version emulation etc) under XP. The game is loading fine as far as I can tell as I get the title theme teasing me as soon as the error message pops up on my monitor. Bastard tease!

Anyone got any ideas? And no, I can't just hook up the old monitor, it gave up the ghost a few months back hence the new monitor.

Thanks in advance
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

When it comes up with "mode not supported", press the controls on the LCD and see what Hz speed the signal is at. If the video card is feeding the LCD with 90Hz for example, it won't cope with that. I assume you've got analogue instead of DVI to the monitor?
CIK

Post by CIK »

For Myth II the monitor needs to support 640x480 for the main menus. For TFL 1.5 which is due to be released in the next week or 2, the game runs at your current resolution. We are working on having Myth II run in window mode under windows, which may help with your problem. Look under the general foum for a test build that does this.
willowoak

Post by willowoak »

Thanks for the replys and the hope that all is not lost! I'll keep a lookout for those upgraded versions.

Windowed would probably be the best solution for me. That was the only way I was able to solve this very similar problem with Half-life. I managed to find a console command that makes it run an appropriately sized window and fixes the resolution issue.

Again, many thanks!