1.5 comments - Post 'em here

Talk about anything here.
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

"Default behaviour of artifacts returns to that of 1.3."

Cheers

:lol:

Alucard
In the end only the fittest survive in this world. If you are strong you live, if you are weak, you die.
deckard

Post by deckard »

I am getting the same old input lag that I thought was permanently fixed by the 1.4 series of patches. Why is it back again for 1.5? Myth 2 is unplayable for me because of this. There is no option in the prefs to switch to or from Direct Input. I really hope this is fixed for the next patch as I cannot participate in the beta since the input lag is too frustrating. A total bummer for me. :(
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

The things I like/dislike in Myth 2 1.5!

Good:
Faster FPS in Myth 2
Server-switcher
Bugfixes in WW2

The Bad:
Some weird fps drop whenever I turn the camera 360° in WW2 Recon
glitches in interface

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Good feedback guys, but more info needed...

Kru, what platform are you on?

Rick, did you have DirectInput checked under 1.4 or not? And have you tried using Yield CPU?

The anti-chat-lag features in 1.4 were good, but for some people they actually made matters worse. Direct3D is the cause of it and it seems to behave differently from one machine to the next. We're doing our best here to provide options that work for those worst affected by it, so pls bear with us :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Pampers

Post by Pampers »

hmmm - cant host a game - ppl cannot join - it says they cant join cuz of firewall - but i dont have any firewall turned on as far as i know - same prob concerns a lot of players i talked to - im on a mac running OSX 10.3.3 - made a complete fresh install of m2 and updated afterwards to 1.5 beta but still no go for ppl who want to join my host - on the other hand: i was able to join a host who told me that he configured smth at his rooter to make it go - btw... i´m not on a local network or smth like that - my mac is a solitairy one ..... where is the prob ... give us a hint ... plz
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Could you host using 1.4.4?
Vaultrat

Post by Vaultrat »

Bug Report for:
Myth II 1.5 Public Beta #1 Build 222

What really matters.......... Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Progress Reports: Gameplay (Happy Camper)

I am impressed with this release, To test the threshold of your ‘Builds’ I build custom Local folders and mix Green Berets with WWII warefare plugins.
I play Green Berets Levels with a WWII Flame Tank that uses a ‘flame contrail head’ as a primary attack. It continues to squirt flame until the enemy dies, this can sometimes cause the game to crash if I do not keep my eye on the flame tank, too much flame on the terrain and it’s 'bye’ 'bye' to the desktop.
Well, With this beta, I really had to abuse my video card to make it crash. Way To Go!!!. Also, in the past, some levels would not accept this modified flame tank of mine, but this build seems to smooth things out so I can play on levels I have not been able to play in the past. Great Job!!!!

Bug Reports: Preferences (Sniveling)

The following features in the Preferences are not yet working...

Configure Controls Window bug reports as follows:

1) The Feature to ‘Right Button Attacks Ground’ does not work. (I have the appropiate box checked) (Did not work in 1.4-1.4.4 either.)

2) The Feature to ‘Zoom’ with mouse wheel does not work (I have highlighted the appropiate choice-Zoom)

Rig:
Macintosh
G4 450mhz 640 Ram Dual Proccessors
30 gig Internal hardrive
120 gig External Firewire Hard drive (gaming vault)
Running OS 9.2.2 (have applied all recent updates)

Video Cards:
AGP: ATI pro rage 128 (16mb video ram) (have applied all recent driver updates)
PCI: ATI Raedeon 7000 Mac edition (32mb video Ram) (have applied all recent driver updates)

Mouse: USB
Logitec Optical mouse with wheel (USB - PC/Mac)
(Notes: Mouse is plugged into Apple Pro Keyboard from a 5-hole multi-USB port) Have tried plugging keyboard/mouse directly to the back of the stack, in both plug-in holes.)

Again, Thank You All at ProjectMagma for creating yet more replayability for our buck. Keep it up. I am anxiously awaiting for the final release.
Always Awake & Always Around
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Hey Vaultrat, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately the Mouse Wheel and Right Button can't be supported on OS9.2.2 and earlier. While Carbonlib provides routines to allegedly test for them, it never actually succeeds in detecting any events.

We'll be greying those options out running under pre-OSX in the next build - thanks for bringing it to our attention :)
rickdeckard

Post by rickdeckard »

iron wrote:Good feedback guys, but more info needed...

Rick, did you have DirectInput checked under 1.4 or not? And have you tried using Yield CPU?

The anti-chat-lag features in 1.4 were good, but for some people they actually made matters worse. Direct3D is the cause of it and it seems to behave differently from one machine to the next. We're doing our best here to provide options that work for those worst affected by it, so pls bear with us :)

Thank you for addressing my post directly on this issue.

I do not have 'eliminate chat lag' or 'use directinput' selected under 1.4.3 and the input is lag-free. So hopefully you can put a toggle in the next 1.5 patch that says 'use input scheme from 1.4'. :)

System info:
WinXP SP1a
Radeon 9800 Pro
ATI Catalyst 4.2

I actually just noticed that Cat 4.4 is out so will give those a try in the hope there is some improvement.
rickdeckard

Post by rickdeckard »

Sorry, did not answer your other question. Yes, I've tried the CPU option in 1.5, did not have any effect on my input lag.
ska

Post by ska »

I love this beta. Everything loads muuuuch faster. The mapmaking features are going to make for awesome plugins as well.

Can Dorf bottles explode on Soulless spears? I'm almost positive I saw it happen out of the corner of my eye in a Stair of Grief game (I forgot to save the film). It was really cool.

That is all. Thank you projectmagma!
grim

Post by grim »

I heard you tweaked the melee system again, please tell me this isn't true? :(

Also that "duff bottle on soulles spear" thing isn't a good change either :surprised:
:-)
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

hey ska, glad its working well on your end. Sometimes all we're hearing are the problems ;) And yes the mapmaking features will make some truly awesome stuff possible.

Hey grim, sorry but yes we did touch melee. There were some bugs remaining in it from 1.4.1 - namely when you click on a specific group of enemies but see your units target another group before they reach the proper target. This should happen if the clicked targets die, but not otherwise. Also a less common bug where you told fighting melee units to retreat and one or two decided to keep hacking away.

Other than that, its as it was. And no, bottles do not explode on spears ... not unless you can show me a film of it happening rather than a corner-of-the-eye mb Ska ;)

Edited By iron on 1081512585
grim

Post by grim »

Haven't had that bug, but I guess that's good to be removed if someone really has had it. That other thing probably doesn't matter in the end since there's never really any "melee vs melee" fights anyway, so I guess they won't change the gameplay really.
:-)
Gastropod

Post by Gastropod »

I dunno if this has been mentioned yet...

The enhancement that allows you to know what plugin a red game is playing has a side effect. If you host a game after trying that, then your game name will be a copy of what their game name was. It will also have their difficulty setting too(leg or normal or whatever).

that's about the only thing I can find so far.