Problem for me & returning college students with hotline

Talk about anything here.
GodzFire

Problem for me & returning college students with hotline

Post by GodzFire »

Well guys, for those of you going to college and have to be in dorms, you might not be able to get on your favorite HL server, or hotline at all. That is the case for me. They've blocked the ports.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

That happened for me as well. Only the game server didnt work either. Luckily I solved the problem by graduating.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Orlando the Axe wrote:That happened for me as well. Only the game server didnt work either. Luckily I solved the problem by graduating.
GENIUS.

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

try tunneling if you have a computer at home still
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

if they've blocked the ports to hotline, they have blocked ALL outgoing ports, cause client chooses a random port to connect to the server through at the time of connection.

Sounds like they've got things locked down pretty tight where you are.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

My first year in college I had several ports closed... I couldn't get onto PlayMyth but I found out the ports were just closed at certain hours. So I could be on AIM up to about 7 pm and then AIM no longer connected BUT PlayMyth did. :roll: heh. I later found out it was in that dorm building only since the one I am in now doesn't have those ports closed but still has some ports closed preventing me from hosting. My university has changed ISP twice since so I hope I can still get online this fall. Btw.. those hours weren't always dependable. Sometimes it seemed like they forgot to close or open the port since it didn't always work in the hours it should have.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

they forgot because the technician was downloading pr0n.