Some general starter questions

Talk about anything here.
toescs

Some general starter questions

Post by toescs »

1. I have just refound my copy of Myth ii. It is not version 1.5.1 Understandably I should upgrade but I have not yet. For Marius or Playmyth, do I need to/should I be upgrading to any specific version?

2. For the TFL maps that appear to have been painstakingly ported to the myth ii engine, do I need a TFL CD//any TFL information whatsoever. I did own a copy of the game but it has long since disappeared into the abyss where my Wing Commander II and Ultima Underworld cds also fell

3. I don't mean to be picky, but what are the most important plugins? Hard drive space is a little thin right now...
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

1: You should get at least 1.5.1, though a lot of people now are using the beta 1.6.

2: You do not need Myth TFL to play the TFL maps that have been ported to Myth. Just the plugins that you can download.

3. For me, at least, the most important plugins are (besides the patches of course) are: The Fallen Levels v2; Magma TFL Multipack; Boil and Bubble, Phoenix Rising, and Leagues from Nowhere; and the UTB Expansion Pack. Though you'll find a great deal of difference of opinion.

Some other of my personal favorites are Assassin!, Jinn, The Seventh God, Leggo III, Mazz VI, Five Legends SB and Five Legends TFL, and the SitH and MaraMyth tagsets. Again, it's mostly a matter of opinion.
The cake is a lie.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Khadrelt wrote:1: You should get at least 1.5.1, though a lot of people now are using the beta 1.6.

2: You do not need Myth TFL to play the TFL maps that have been ported to Myth. Just the plugins that you can download.

3. For me, at least, the most important plugins are (besides the patches of course) are: The Fallen Levels v2; Magma TFL Multipack; Boil and Bubble, Phoenix Rising, and Leagues from Nowhere; and the UTB Expansion Pack. Though you'll find a great deal of difference of opinion.

Some other of my personal favorites are Assassin!, Jinn, The Seventh God, Leggo III, Mazz VI, Five Legends SB and Five Legends TFL, and the SitH and MaraMyth tagsets. Again, it's mostly a matter of opinion.
You nailed it right on the head.

Wars of Reckoning, Shadow 3 (Also possibly Across the Gjol 3), Blue & Grey, Grave Tidings, Special Forces Tagset, and the Bushido Tagset is good as well. Mazz 6 is definetly worth a download. If you look on Playmyth, you can see a game of it going almost every other hour or so.(Exageration, but still.)

Most of the old total conversion Tagsets such as Jinn, TSG, Bushido, etc no longer follow the clunky installation process that they used to. Most of them have been updated to 1.4 or higher and run soley as plugins with no effect on Myth 2.

I prefer 1.6 because of the enhanced stability for Mazz 6 and other plugins. Yay no more OOS!
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."