PlayMyth down

Talk about anything here.
Oroboros

PlayMyth down

Post by Oroboros »

http://www.playmyth.net/

I find this ironic, given their blue line hassle over mariusnet's unfortunate blip in operations last month.

-Oro
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

There is still Mariusnet.com in the meantime.
Nation

Post by Nation »

I guess we have to jump ships and hit the marius.net sails
Point

well thats a bummer for sure...

Post by Point »

well the timing is surely bad with game tap going live.. and some new interest in myth... though they have to do what they have to do..
I know making stuff for myth surely cuts into my work and social time... I imagine the server and website takes loads more time and energy.. hopefully it will come back in a way that makes it easier and more enjoyable for them to manage. until then theirs mariusnet or lol game tap.. any case i wish them luck at getting it back together and up and running..
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Elfinstone

any idea how long?

Post by Elfinstone »

I wonder how long this will be or is this something final..? hmmmm
sad if it is.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

I can tell you now that you won't be seeing any Marathoners on mariusnet. Treellama (the AlephOne developer) switched them to Irons's server. Apparantly so many Mythers were crowding around in Arrival and Marathoners can't change rooms. As Treellama said, some Mythers are cool and some Marathoners are cool. But the rest are just rude. And if they're in the same room...well you get the idea.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

I wonder why Arrival was made the default room for mythers to be in when first logging in. Arrival eventually crashed last night when there were so many people on.
king paris

Post by king paris »

my modem is on fire3 ~fake :o

damned hoes
hey :D
PMBlades

Post by PMBlades »

Hey Guys;

PlayMyth's outage has nothing to do with PlayMyth - but with an older piece of software one of my customers was running on the same server. Using it, someone was able to upload a hack to the server causing insane amounts of bandwidth consumption.

I've been dealing with this problem off and on for the last 6 weeks as well as being in the process of getting divorced - so it's not something I'm real prepared to deal with at the moment.

In any event - I have all the data, all the stuff that made the game scores and what not... I just need to rebuild the server.... *again*.

So that said it'll be back up at some point. I'm just a bit exasperated with things.

Thanks;
Blades
Archer

Post by Archer »

Eesh, my condolences. Good luck with it all.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Horus

Post by Horus »

PMBlades wrote:Hey Guys;

PlayMyth's outage has nothing to do with PlayMyth - but with an older piece of software one of my customers was running on the same server. Using it, someone was able to upload a hack to the server causing insane amounts of bandwidth consumption.

I've been dealing with this problem off and on for the last 6 weeks as well as being in the process of getting divorced - so it's not something I'm real prepared to deal with at the moment.

In any event - I have all the data, all the stuff that made the game scores and what not... I just need to rebuild the server.... *again*.

So that said it'll be back up at some point. I'm just a bit exasperated with things.

Thanks;
Blades

Good luck with both things... sure getting divorced isn't exactly lucky but here's hoping it goes smoothly for you.
Elfinstone

Post by Elfinstone »

Blades,
I know that scene.
Hang in there.

"This too shall pass"
and then life DOES GET BETTER !!!!!!!!!

warm regards,
Baak

Post by Baak »

Hang in there Blades!
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

PMBlades wrote:Hey Guys;

Thanks;
Blades

ouch, g'luck dude.
Nation

Post by Nation »

remember those people who were like "we should have a mariousnet nights for now, we should plan them out"

Well ... ITS HERE, EVERY FREAKING DAY NOW!!!

how awesome is that?