Thanks really isn't enough...

Talk about anything here.
voiceofra

Thanks really isn't enough...

Post by voiceofra »

I've been a fan of Myth since it came out. back in '97ish.
I've played it on my winblows box, my linux box and now I play it on my Mac (sadly, I haven't had much time lately to go online and play).
I just want to thank the gang at Project Magma and all the awesome players & mods/map makers out there that have kept Myth II the only game I really enjoy playing.

My oldest nephew saw me playing it last week.
He said, "hey that kinda looks like that Lord of the Rings game or Star Wars: Empire At War" (referring to the look of the game and the Real-Time-Tactical nature, respectively).
I showed him the Lego maps... another Myth player is born :twisted:
As soon as his restriction from the computer is lifted (boy am I glad I'M not 10 years old anymore!!!), I've got my original install CD for Windows waiting for him... :D
The Elfoid

Re: Thanks really isn't enough...

Post by The Elfoid »

voiceofra wrote:I
As soon as his restriction from the computer is lifted (boy am I glad I'M not 10 years old anymore!!!)
Yeah, I was never allowed to play online games when I was little. Suddenly I thought "Well I haven't asked in years, can't hurt". I had the Myth II demo, and I got the same in Sprint 1999 despite never playing online Myth till Jan 04. Parents suck!
voiceofra

Post by voiceofra »

The Elfoid wrote:
voiceofra wrote:I
As soon as his restriction from the computer is lifted (boy am I glad I'M not 10 years old anymore!!!)
Yeah, I was never allowed to play online games when I was little. Suddenly I thought "Well I haven't asked in years, can't hurt". I had the Myth II demo, and I got the same in Sprint 1999 despite never playing online Myth till Jan 04. Parents suck!
Well, it's not that he can't play games at all -- it's that as punishment for , let's call it a "misdeed", he can't touch the computer (or his XBox or his Gameboy or his PSP..) until further notice :P
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Well, it's not that he can't play games at all -- it's that as punishment for , let's call it a "misdeed", he can't touch the computer (or his XBox or his Gameboy or his PSP..) until further notice :P
OMFG! You don't mean he has to ::gasp:: do some sort of physical exercise??? You inhuman bastid! :)

-Oro
voiceofra

Post by voiceofra »

Oroboros wrote:
OMFG! You don't mean he has to ::gasp:: do some sort of physical exercise??? You inhuman bastid! :)

-Oro
Hey I didn't ground him. His father (my brother) did! :P
It's funny...he bitches and moans for a day ("what am i supposed to do?? what if my friends come over??"), but soon he's busy doing other stuff and when the restriction is finally lifted, he's in no hurry to get back to those video games.
but he keeps talking about Myth...and whenever he hears "what now??" or "move here, move there..." *boom* echo from my Mac, he takes a spot behind me :D
RPatrick

Thread Title Says it All !

Post by RPatrick »

I would also like to thank the Project Magma group and the rest of the Myth community for what has been done since Bungie left the scene. I am amazed at the level of continued development that Myth has undergone. Myth is my all time favorite game ever and now I can play it again for years to come thanks to the great people here. There is nothing else like it!

I managed to get a brand new copy of Myth II Soulblighter from ebay and stayed up way too late last night with it ! Reminds me of when I was much younger.

This is awesome !