!!! Tabletop Project !!!

Talk about anything here.
Gamer

!!! Tabletop Project !!!

Post by Gamer »

Hi

I am woring on something like a tabletop game in the worlds of MYTH II.
(In school, maths) I want to analyse which factors (unit tags) are important to a battle. I chose MYTH II because of the tag editor FEAR.
Now I need some informations about the units. The most important factors are:

Base speed: I ve got it already

Durability (defense) : I think there are more than one tag which are important for that! I found a tag called Absorbed Fraction, but it is not exactly what I want...!?!

How many attacks: I ve already found the recovery time for the attacks.

Live points: ?

As you can see I need a few more tags for most of the four main factors!
I would be very happy if you could help me with this!

mfG

Gamer
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

in fear there is the object tag which dictates a unit's vitality and its resistance.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

If you mean Health Fraction by live points, you have to open object tag of your monster. For example, warrior's object tag is just "warrior object".

And about defense... I don't know exactly what do you mean. Absorbed Fraction is for absorbing hits, Journeyman does this due to his coat.

EDIT: Heh Zeph, posted at the same time and yeah, there are also resistances, if that's what you want.
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

Whats the difference between "Absorbed Fraction" in the monsters tag and "Minimum damage" in the object tag of a unit?

AND

To see how strong the attack of a unit is I need two informations:
-The "Damage" (projectile tag) and the "attack frequency" (monsters tag)
Is that right?!?

Thx for answers,
mfG

Gamer
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

Absorbed Fraction = Amount absorb per attack
Minimum damage = Anything below this # does no damage

Yes Projectile damage is the damage done
Attack speed is also based on the animation sequences, the fewwer the sequence steps the faster the attack... The Attack Frequency is the wait time between attacks.

There are allot more detials also that Im sure people will be happy to list such as:

-Soulless are the only ones that can "float" on water and over hills that others cannot walk over.

-Journeymen dont get stunned by puss packets.

-and more...

The one cool thing that keeps players active in MythII is the physics which can be somewhat difficult to put into Table Top rules, for example Dwarven bottles being tossed really far at points near a fetch lightning attack...and much more.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Roadwyrm wrote:Absorbed Fraction = Amount absorb per attack
Actually, I'm pretty sure Absorbed Fraction is a percentage of attacks that get absorbed completely, doing no damage at all.
Archer

Post by Archer »

Are you using a preexisting wargaming or RPG system, or are you trying to generate one from scratch?

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

The tabletop game is based on LotR and Warhammer, very similar...

But I think also that the Absorbed Fraction means the amount which must be passed over that the unit takes a damage. But the two amounts are not the same (journeymen!) I dont know what the difference should be...

Roadwyrm, are you sure that "the fewwer the sequence steps the faster the attack"? Which "attack frequency do you mean? (Projectile tag or Monsters tag?)

thx
mfG

Gamer[/quote]
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

Ok, whatever...

I think the Recovery time of the attack (mons. tag) is important and nothing else... Attack frequency is just a delay amount and not important...

NEW QUESTION: Whats Initial Velocity and Initial Velocity Error?(mons.)
I dont know what this amount should demonstrate!??!

mfG
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

sry...forgot one thing:

A bowman has a Miss fraction of 0.00 !
Which tags make that the bowman hits NOT every time? :?
Archer

Post by Archer »

What units have a miss fraction that isn't 0?

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

miss fraction is the chance of actually having NO projectile after the attack sequence has been played. An archer will ALWAYS shoot an arrow whereas a warrior can swing in nothing.

Miss fraction is for melee units

For ranged units it is the initial velocity and initial velocity error along with the projectile's random initial inertia.

Initial velocity is the velocity of the projectile when it is fired. Bowmen's arrow are at .350 i believe. (those are world unit/tick)
world unit is one square in loathing and tick is 1/30 of a second.

initial velocity is a random value added to the initial velocity. This means that the longer the range, the more chances you have to miss. In myth2, that value is very small.

random initial inertia is located in the projectile's tag by the center of the window. It works exactly like the above, except that the amount of speed is fully added in a random direction. It is primally used with attacks that need to spread apart such as a Myrk giant special or a shotgun.
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

If absorbed was the amount of damage needed to cause damage wouldnt that be the same as minimum damage? Thats always kind of confused me, Iv never added absorbed fraction to a unit but only know that the Journy man uses it because of his think coat...thats the reason why hes good at taking the puss packet attacks.

Abosorbed Fraction: The fraction of blows that a unit will absorb without damage.

Minimum Damage: This is the minimum amount of damage that the object would reqonize. Damage amounts less than this will inflict no damage.

Sequences: Well there is the "ticks per frame" but I noticed when I made "FeMyth" that the female units attacked slowwer than their male counterparts and discovered that there where more sequence frames. Changing the "frame per tick" help with that but thats only good information if your working with Fear and Loathing (and Amber) but yes, generally the more frames in the sequences (also depending on the key frame) would make the initial attack slower or faster.

Initial Velocity: Randomly uses a number between the two numbers (like dice) its essentually the speed at which the unit is useing its projectile attack...mellee are at 0.0 where most distance attackers (throwing or shooting) are higher (I imagine it as the "push" of its projectile befor the projectiles effects take place).

Initial Velocity Error: This is where you can use the "miss chance" instead of useing "Miss Fraction" and improves with expierance. I think the differance betweent the two is that Initial Velocity Error only effect the up/down miss while the "Miss Fraction" can be left/right or up/down...but dont take my word for it ;)

Warhammer 40k was my favorite table top game, I didnt get to play it often because I didnt know anyone else that played the game. If you have more questions Id be happy to try to answer them.
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

Ok, thx!

A bowman has a "Miss Fraction" of 0.00 and a "random initial inertia" of 0.00. Now we can say the only thing that makes thtat the bowman hits not every time is the "intial velocity error", a very small amount (0.008) which is added every time to the initial velocity (which is definded at random, here 0.240-0.260). Than the arrow is a bit (0.008) faster...

But is there a velocity limit that must be hold that the arrow hits the target? I would think that these 0.008 would make nothing!?! Its such a small number! In which area should the velocity be that the bowman hits the target?

Second and last question: Two thralls ( no miss fraction and no velocity error, so every hit hits the target) fight against each other: Are there other factors that affect the fight?

Two ghasts fight against each other, the initial velocity is defined at random, (its very important who freezes first). I think the ghast with the higher velocity wins the fight, right?

Many,many questions...

thx for everybody who takes the time to answer the questions!
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Gamer wrote:Second and last question: Two thralls ( no miss fraction and no velocity error, so every hit hits the target) fight against each other: Are there other factors that affect the fight?
There's also damage which attack does. You can check it in attack's projectile. In this case it chooses randomly between 0.7 and 0.8 I think, so almost every hit will cause other amount of damage.