downgrading to 1.5.1

Talk about anything here.
qwerty2

downgrading to 1.5.1

Post by qwerty2 »

due to the really annoying input bug in version 1.6 is there any way to easily downgrade to 1.5.1 or do I have to reinstall?
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I wasn't aware there was an input bug.
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

no offence but you're either a ww2 player or a map maker and hence don't play myth so you wouldn't be aware of it :\
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

I'm neither...

Which bug is this?

As for downgrading, you are gonna have to reinstall. But really, I imagine this bug is something that can be fixed if it were reported and dealt with.

EDIT: If you mean the one that you and OtA seem to be having with the multi clicks...it doesn't happen to me on OS X in 1.6, so I would bank on that being an issue with settings somehow...any thoughts anyone?

-DA
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

you wouldn't understand so what's the point in trying to explain it?

frankly, it makes more sense to just go with a cop out rather than to actually try to resolve any problem that qwerty and others may be having...
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

qwerty2 wrote:no offence but you're either a ww2 player or a map maker and hence don't play myth so you wouldn't be aware of it :\
No offense but this just shows that you don't know that Mac users and PC (Windows) users don't have the same bugs. So you are either a rank player or you have been gone a long time. But you are not a map maker since map makers would have learned this before any other player. So a vague "I have an input problem" description is not useful. Not even all Mac users have the same problems. And since you are one of the first to mention it... didn't you figure that maybe no one has encountered it before?

Do you even have the latest 1.6 build? This thread is more of a technical question so it is even in the wrong section... like it matters... since you must know something I don't, being a non-ww2er or a non-map maker.
Eddaweaver

Re: downgrading to 1.5.1

Post by Eddaweaver »

qwerty2 wrote:due to the really annoying input bug in version 1.6 is there any way to easily downgrade to 1.5.1 or do I have to reinstall?
Have you tried the Classic Build? It's more compatible and less likely to have these problems.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

q, I deleted my prefs folder and so far its worked. I also used 1.5.1 when the problem was still happening and it didn't fix it (you can just start up the myth 1.5.1exe or it might say myth (old).exe or something).