Runing two copies of m2 on the same computer !!

Talk about anything here.
Enculator

Runing two copies of m2 on the same computer !!

Post by Enculator »

Please someone make a patch so I can be logged on marius and pm at the same time !!!
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

If you want to have an eye / chat on m.net while playing on pm.net you can always use Marathon.
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Tireces wrote:If you want to have an eye / chat on m.net while playing on pm.net you can always use Marathon.
of course you can also keep track of who's on mnet on mythforums.

What we really need (as someone mentioned a couple of months back) is a chat program that will connect to multiple game servers.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

what we really need is for people to realize that staying at pmnet in it's current state is asinine.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

if more games start getting played on marius than playmyth people will switch. Most people don't care what server they play on, they just want to go where most of the games are.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Vicious circle...
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Runing two copies of m2 on the same computer !!

Post by Pyro »

Enculator wrote:Please someone make a patch so I can be logged on marius and pm at the same time !!!
Can't you just install Myth2 twice? The default and another folder for it. Maybe that's possible. Or you could have Myth run for PMnet and MythChat for Mnet and alt tab in between.
lank

Post by lank »

make a direct copy of your myth 2 folder and then run both simultaneously. or what pyro suggested and use myth on pmnet and mythchat on mnet, then switch using server switcher if you decide to hit mnet for a game.
*toot*
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

When did it become possible to run two copies of Myth at the same time?
Orlando the Axe

Error
"Only one copy of Myth II can be run at a time!"
Enculator

Re: Runing two copies of m2 on the same computer !!

Post by Enculator »

Pyro wrote:Can't you just install Myth2 twice? The default and another folder for it. Maybe that's possible. Or you could have Myth run for PMnet and MythChat for Mnet and alt tab in between.
Well, my m2 folder is something like 5.75 GB, so I don't wana waste 11.5 GB only to be able to connect on marius and playmyth at the same time !
Ota wrote:Most people don't care what server they play on, they just want to go where most of the games are.
Yes that's exactly my feeling :O
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

so you're willing to wait until enough old people have left, and enough new people have joined that pmnet is no longer the most populous server? congratulations, it's thinking like this that will put the last nail in the coffin of myth.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Orlando the Axe

I think its more like "hey I want to play myth right now, there are more games on Playmyth at the moment so I will go there". Most people think about it quite simply, when you just want to play a few fun or competitive games why wouldn't you use the most populated server?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Orlando the Axe wrote:I think its more like "hey I want to play myth right now, there are more games on Playmyth at the moment so I will go there". Most people think about it quite simply, when you just want to play a few fun or competitive games why wouldn't you use the most populated server?
Possible reasons for choosing the less populated server.

1) There are people on the less populated server you want to play with

2) You want to see if there are any newbies to play with because you want/like to encourage newbies and you know they can't get onto playmyth

3) On principle you hang out on the less populated server to try to help break the 'vicious circle' of people avoiding marius because it's less populated.

4) You've heard about what a great host Frum is and you want to see if it's true. (it is)
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
ozone

Post by ozone »

5) I'd like to keep playing this game. So as an intellegent thinking being I know its best to play on a server that new players can join or in time I'll be playing alone on the more "populated" server.

With the inability to make accounts on playmyth there is no possible way to grow. ZERO.ZILTCH.NOTTA.

Doesnt anyone get that? UGH. Its becoming depressing. This blind faith that Blades is going to get playmyths website up again is somewhat sickening. ISNT IT? Have we all become zombies? Mindless creatures that cant see whats going on is hurting our game? ARRRRRRRRGH.

WAKE UP PEOPLE...................seriously.
do it.