89%
fool whatchu talkin bout'?
11%

Total votes: 18

king paris

sup *MARIUSNET*

Post by king paris »

this is the ark that we've been waiting to board

honestly, with its new snazzy website and the fact that it feels way more active than playmyth, i must insist that all project magma forum users flock to mariusnet to get their myth on.

this has been a public service announcement.
thanks.
hey :D
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

Mariusnet has tons of stuff playmyth doesn't, like guest accounts and ranked coop. This place is awasome.
Bladetooth

Post by Bladetooth »

But in the transition to mariusnet, have we left anyone behind?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Bladetooth wrote:But in the transition to mariusnet, have we left anyone behind?
Only the people who didn't know mariusnet existed and who only read the playmyth notice about it's closing who (like the playmyth owner) thought that PlayMyth was the be-all-end-all of the online Myth game server world would have been left behind.

Players here have posted to other game related forums and game news sites to spread the word that there is still a place to play Myth online, so since the playmyth owner refused to post a link to mariusnet during playmyth's final tortured months of existence even after he knew he was going to shut it down, and filtered out ALL comments people made about the existence of mariusnet on his blog where he announced playmyth's death, I would say that the responsibility for any playmyth players who got 'left behind' rests squarely on his hole shaped shoulders.
Last edited by vinylrake on Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

Well, at least thats all over now. I hope that we can bring new people into the fold to make up for the losses.
Bladetooth

Post by Bladetooth »

Yeah, I suppose, but what I’m really asking is, did we leave behind anyone SPECIFIC because of the communication failures?
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Maybe a bunch of ww2/raid players.

I know when the playmyth server briefly went down months ago, quite a few of them that I spoke to had no idea Mariusnet even existed.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Bladetooth wrote:Yeah, I suppose, but what I’m really asking is, did we leave behind anyone SPECIFIC because of the communication failures?
Yes, because of the communication failures we left approximately 30,000 people behind. Of course many of them hadn't played Myth since 2000, but still, it's a hard thing to think about losing that many potential players. Oh wait - did you mean when we switched to mariusnet when Bungie.net shut down? Or the more recent switch back to mariusnet when PlayMyth shut down? If you are talking about the Playmyth to Marius Great Escape of 2007, there are only 37 people (+/- 5%) who were left behind, but I think 5-7 of them are really here just pretending to be someone else or 'new' players, and unfortunately there's a couple more players who I was hoping would be left behind but whom I suspect have found their way here.
Bladetooth

Post by Bladetooth »

Bladetooth wrote:Yeah, I suppose, but what I’m really asking is, did we leave behind anyone SPECIFIC because of the communication failures?
vinylrake wrote:If you are talking about the <a>playmyth</a> to Marius Great Escape of 2007, there are only 37 people (+/- 5%) who were left behind, but I think 5-7 of them are really here just pretending to be someone else or 'new' players, and unfortunately there's a couple more players who I was hoping would be left behind but whom I suspect have found their way here.
Ah; unless there’s a notable community figure in that 37, I suspect that my concern has been put to bed.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Bladetooth wrote:Ah; unless there’s a notable community figure in that 37, I suspect that my concern has been put to bed.
Rhetorical question: Without having access to the membership logs from both servers, how could anyone - least of all ME who is completely unaffiliated in any formal way with either server - KNOW how many people (or Who) was "left behind"?
Bladetooth

Post by Bladetooth »

I was referring more to the notion that some people might comment “Oh, I haven’t seen whasisname around since we switched...”. I am irked that you misled me with your fictional figures. Curse your lying forked tongue!
Doctor Mabuse

Post by Doctor Mabuse »

Well Marius seems down today.

Anyone know anything?
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

I would have to say a big old "yeeeaaaaahhhhhh", i like marius.

:D