Play-myth and FlyingFlip are CLOSED.

Talk about anything here.
Frumius

Play-myth and FlyingFlip are CLOSED.

Post by Frumius »

Blades wrote:To The Myth Community
I'm sorry to announce that I've decided to close PlayMyth.net and FlyingFlip.com for the time being. I have just decided I no longer have the time or energy to deal with the endless cavalcade of drama and abuse that it entails and it's time for me to move on with my life. Should I continue my Myth related work at some point, I will bring things back on a different basis. I had wanted to re-do the site, but with life being the way it is I just don't have the time for it. I'm sorry and good night.
playmyth.net
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

*Ahem*

Finally.

On a less antagonistic note, a thanks is in order for Blades. Though I have strongly disagreed with how he ran things for some time, he did a service to the community. So thanks much for all your hard work and time devoted.

-DA
Last edited by Death's Avatar on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

... but is the pm myth server still running?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

iron wrote:... but is the pm myth server still running?
Yeah, could someone go check for us? Heh.

Seriously, though, I agree with DA -- I definitely thank Blades for providing that crucial hub for our community for so long.

I just wish the end had been a helluva lot less messy. I wish he had committed, and admitted, to his closing shop instead of letting it twist in the wind like some maggot-ridden, vulture-perch of a corpse. I wish he had helped the transition by informing players and giving Mariusnet as an alternative. That would have been the move of a team player.
Last edited by Frumius on Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

It's all gone.

Thanks PPE for getting Mnet v2 ready in time :D
Now we can focus on growth again, instead of just survival!

-DA
AblitERateOR

Post by AblitERateOR »

I'm just glad the period of being split between the two is over. Lets now focus on rebuilding the community, and making sure that all our mates that used to occasionally come on playmyth know that we are not gone, we are just on marius.net now.
Mac OSX 1.4.9
Intel 1.83 Dual Core iMac
1GB RAM
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

ok people, dont create a second server until Mariusnet2 dies!! :P

as a side note, I think Blades deserves a big thank you for all that, its hard to take care of a game you don't even play for a bunch of old people addicted to that very same game. Though, I wish the recent events had been better taken care of.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Zeph wrote:ok people, dont create a second server until Mariusnet2 dies!! :P

as a side note, I think Blades deserves a big thank you for all that, its hard to take care of a game you don't even play for a bunch of old people addicted to that very same game. Though, I wish the recent events had been better taken care of.
Yeah, PlayMyth closing feels like the end of a relationship. Regardless of how far we'd drifted apart lately or how unpleasant things got towards the end, I can remember there were several really good/fun years in there.

For a good deal of time since bungie.net closed that Blades/PlayMyth played an absolutely crucial role in the survival of the Myth community. Blades deserves the community's thanks for all his work.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Zappo

Post by Zappo »

First I like to openly thank Blades for providing both the PlayMyth game server and web page for so many years. Yes, a very fun & good ride indeed. I wish you, Blades, the best and safe travels on the journey you are about to begin my friend. It's encouraging to me to see "...close PlayMyth.net and FlyingFlip.com for the time being...." over on elusivemind, so with that said I leave a light on the porch on for you Blades if/when you return someday to the Myth thingy.

I posted the following link before on FlyingFlip.com expressing my support to PlayMyth, now I've post this same link today on Mariusnet v2, on the-Package, and now I post it here of how I will aways and continue to remeber PlayMyth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-sflOZh ... ed&search=

There is and always will be "Victory" in my eyes when it comes to PlayMyth!

Again Blades, best wishes, a safe journy, and I say to you as always, "Play Myth & Have Fun!"

: )
Last edited by Zappo on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
>O< Zappo

"Hold the Line!" [TotS]
"For Honor, For Courage, For Country"
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Ok, silly question.

Does anyone have a copy of the PlayMyth "Aug 1st" splash screen from the playmyth site?

I wanted to add it to the archives, and could have SWORN I saved a copy....
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
mythhitler

Post by mythhitler »

Everyone jumps to such conclusions... it's amazing really. Such a flaw in your earthlings. React expecting the worst and completely overlook the salvation that could easily be at hand.

Fear not chicken littles, redemption is at hand. What may appear as the sky falling could simply be that your world is quickly rising upwards to the level that the saviors have determined it deserves to be.

From what I hear someone has control of everything. Domain name. Server. The Mill. An old care-taker rising from the ashes to once again wield the reins of a community dearly in need of guidance?

It's a shame really. The state of things. People should have been better guardians of the empire. So much work to do.

Such a mess....

Such a mess....
Perenold

Post by Perenold »

I saw a comet pass through the sky last night and today PM.net is gone.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

mythhitler wrote:From what I hear someone has control of everything. Domain name. Server. The Mill. An old care-taker rising from the ashes to once again wield the reins of a community dearly in need of guidance?
They would hardly be a good caretaker then. The server and the mill have been replaced, no need to dig them up. Of course having playmyth domains point to mnet would be nifty...

-DA
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Thanks to Blades for Playmyth.

Now, let's go to Mariusnet :D
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

mythhitler wrote:Everyone jumps to such conclusions... it's amazing really. Such a flaw in your earthlings. React expecting the worst and completely overlook the salvation that could easily be at hand.

Fear not chicken littles, redemption is at hand. What may appear as the sky falling could simply be that your world is quickly rising upwards to the level that the saviors have determined it deserves to be.

From what I hear someone has control of everything. Domain name. Server. The Mill. An old care-taker rising from the ashes to once again wield the reins of a community dearly in need of guidance?

It's a shame really. The state of things. People should have been better guardians of the empire. So much work to do.

Such a mess....

Such a mess....
Who exactly has said the sky is falling? Everything seems fine to me..

And what redemption do we need exactly? Mnet is running smoothly, the majority have made their transition, everything seems to be going pretty well.

Your post seems horribly disconnected from the reality of the myth community. Do you actually think people are that concerned about pmnet closing? that anyone is looking for salvation?

We have our salvation, and it's name is www.mariusnet.com
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net