MYTH III pc mac

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Point

MYTH III pc mac

Post by Point »

I dont think my myth III cd had both versions on it... is there a easy convert from pc m3 to mac osx m3 ?

m2 i think you just copy the folder over then add in the mac ap...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

I'm not certain, but I think that it requires buying a new copy.

That said, I don't think there is anything from preventing you from just copying stuff over and then extracting files from the latest Updater.... I would think that it would work.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I believe the data files are the same. Copy the Myth III folder and update it manually to the Flying Flip version, and it should work.

So, even though the box may say "PC only" or "Mac only", the data files should still work fine on either, as long as you put in the right .app or .exe (from the update, along with the patch file).
Point

oh

Post by Point »

well does that mean I have to register on blades site to download the update? cuz that seems extreme ...

lol
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

it worked...

Post by Point »

yes pc or mac doesnt matter...

simply install on whatever platform copy the folder over to the other...
then install the 1.31 update either mac or pc manually and the game works no matter if it was a pc or mac only install disk...

:) now only if there were some fun m3 maps that didnt seem so slow and dark...;)