need a fear option

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Roadwyrm

need a fear option

Post by Roadwyrm »

We need the option for artifacts to change the sequence and attack BUT not the monster itself. If possible this would open up allot of cool new features for us.
A check box perhapes on artifacts that allows the artifact to override the sequences and the attacks... it would allow for us to make multiple units that can use eachothers items without restricting them to one monster type (usually the object tag is annoying). Not only would this be a big step for myth but if done I promise to show off many of what those features would allow us to do!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

There is a way to have more than one unit share the same artifact. Take a look at Mazzarin's Demise 6. The pyromancer and electromancer can grab the same artifacts. And the ranger can grab the same bows as the fir'Bolg. I never knew this was possible until I saw its tags.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Yeah, I still don't know how it's possible, but it is. Jagman just bent the Myth engine to his will, as he is wont to do. It didn't have a chance.
Point

artifacts...

Post by Point »

well I got the different monsters to be able to pick up the same artifact by trying several work arounds

what seemed to work so other units could transport restricted artifacts .... was to have the artifact promote to a projectile then promote back and forth continually... ie set both to promote into each other.

what would be the easiest solution is not have the monster change have to be in the same collection ;)

the monster attack overide selects sequence in the artifacts collection not the units collection and thats the problem... since the attack sequence is usually in the units collection not the item collection.

my 3 cents..
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

also projectiles into units

Post by Point »

also there might be a new work around with projectiles into units...

this new feature creates some fun new options...

say you take the skeleton king guy from one of the plugs he tosses some skulls on the ground and skeleton warriors emerge out of the ground

or take the sumner and he sprinkles some dust or some such projectile and thralls and ghasts emerge out of the ground...

the one already being done i think is the spider egg

anyway there seems to be work arounds for most things... just not sure of the restrictions though if projectile into unit works better than artifact into monster overide it might be a better option.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I can't remember exactly what it is, but I have that happening in 2 of my units
to a max of 2 units can pick up the same artifacts
in the projectile tag you have to link them somehow through the promotion.

You create 2 projectiles, exactly equal.
then on each projectile tag, in Promotion, projectile tag, you assign there the projectile that the other unit can pick up, and viceversa

but then in artifacts you just create 1 with one of the projectiles and with one of the units....and then...
somehow it works...though I can't recall if you need anything additional to make it work
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

Lol, I know how artifacts work....Im the one that reported it when I first found it and fought to prevent it from being labled as a bug when we where going to remove the bug/feature.
I started useing the artifacts befor it was even known that there was a bug with it.... I was also the first one that Im aware of) that posted a public beta that allows multiple unit types to enter a tank (propack).

I understand that the attack can be overridden or the monster can be ovveridden....if you have two collections you just need to have the sequences in the same order that the item wants to use when overridding a monster tag.

The thing that needs to be done is a mixture of both. Where you can override the monsters sequences via the artifact and its attack BUT NOT alter the actual monster tag (or at least not alter the monsters original tag).

As it is if you wanted an artifact override differant units for their sequences you must choose "override monster" and it unfortuantly will cause all of the monster tags to be set to the one you specify (which is great in many cases) but if you want two units to be able to use an artifact (say a gun) and have it override the seq (monster) so that you can see the gun in their hand then no matter what differances the two units had befor they would be the same when useing the artifact..... try making a plugin where strength based orcs agianst agility based elves use the same artifact.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

yeah, actually you taught me how to set up that thing if I remember well
haha

:wink:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Point

Re: need a fear option

Post by Point »

Roadwyrm wrote:We need the option for artifacts to change the sequence and attack BUT not the monster itself. If possible this would open up allot of cool new features for us.
A check box perhapes on artifacts that allows the artifact to override the sequences and the attacks... it would allow for us to make multiple units that can use eachothers items without restricting them to one monster type (usually the object tag is annoying). Not only would this be a big step for myth but if done I promise to show off many of what those features would allow us to do!
could use an option that actually fully changes the monster also instead of partial.... and it would be nice if it could change it to a new collection.
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

Yeah, lol...that was awial ago Carlinho. I saw your units btw, they look great!