22%
1 star (lowest)
28%

Total votes: 18

killerking

myth 3 plugins?

Post by killerking »

Hello all,

I finally got Myth 3 for windows working on mac . But now... where can I find some cool plugins? And can I maybe port some of Myth own plugins to Myth 3? Also, how to adept Myth 3 formations?

It would be great if you guys could help me out, Killerking.

p.s. I also posted this on mariusnet.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Myth II custom formations can be used in Myth III by just copying the Myth II formation file into your Myth III local folder.

So if you want to customize your M3 formations, edit the formations in Myth 2 using Fear, then copy the file as described above.

Also, you can find a fairly complete list of Myth III plugins and maps (but many with no download links) at the myth graveyard:

http://mything.org/index.php?a=map-sear ... ame&v1=twa

If you find any Myth III maps anyplace other than the Tain or udogs - please post the information so others can get them too.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

I loved m3. the physics were terrible but the graphics were outstanding especially with high resolution :P

What more could you want in the story :O the only part i hated was that Mjarin ended up as the leveler and it made no sense. well at least not to me. i Should really ask my dad. he worked on it with Mumbo Jumbo but anyway.

Myth III , 8/10 :D
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Myth III was a flaming pile of hog shit. There is almost no excuse for just how out of whack that game was.

I'm sure some of the people working on it meant well, and worked hard, but for whatever the reasons that it turned out how it did (they ran out of time? they ran out of money? whichever...) it should have been canned. Better games have surely been cancelled.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
remedial

Post by remedial »

I'm no gaming guru, but if they were using the M2 engine as a framework- why couldn't they use M2's tried and true physics/balance and gameplay? It would seem that they had a winning formula to work with.

Other qualms i had:

-The over-textured maps "muddied" up some really cool maps that would warrant" ooh's" and "ah's " in M2.

-Some UGLY ass pregame drawings- I know this may have been expensive to outsource, but the drawings from M1 and M2 were such a bonus.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

there is bad reaction lag in m3, even on single player it seems like youre playing with 100ms ping!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

The animations kinda bite, too. Always looks like my armies don't CARE that there's a battle going on.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Reaction lag?, I didn't get any on my computer, plays smooth for me.

True i did notice that when enemies were attacking you your troops didnt flinch much and acted as if nothing happened
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Myth III is the reason Take2 never financed Myth IV.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The Elfoid wrote:Myth III is the reason Take2 never financed Myth IV.
on what do you base this statement?

It would be much fairer to say that "Take2 is the reason Myth III Sucked".

re: Why Myth III Sucked.

I don't believe you can fairly blame the developers. The Myth III project was shut down and programmers fired BEFORE they had even finished testing. e.g. they had a version they were working on and Take2 basically said "Ok, you guys can all go home, we are going to release the game, and oh btw if you TELL anyone we shut down the project/company we'll make sure you never get hired in the game industry again".

I think that given the talent of many of the people working on the project I am sure that if the dev team had another couple of months to tweak the physics and animations the game would have been much, much better than the premature mess that Take2 dumped on an unsuspecting public.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Take2 would only fund a SINGLE imac for user testing. So no focus group testing, no testing the game on multiple versions of the OS/hardware, etc.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Honestly?

I think they tried to test it on a Colour Classic, got bored trying to fit the CD into the floppy drive, and released it as it was.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

William Wallet wrote:Honestly?

I think they tried to test it on a Colour Classic, got bored trying to fit the CD into the floppy drive, and released it as it was.
Accounts from the principles portrays a team of mostly die-hard-mythers excited about workinng on the next installmentof the Myth series who were crushed and who felt extremely conflicted at not being able to tell the community what Take2 was doing in releasing untested software as a finished product. Blame 'the man', not the fans working on the project.

If you want an example, the lead programmer -AFTER HE WAS FIRED/LAID OFF - continued to work ON HIS OWN TIME AND HIS OWN DIME and actually released a post release patch that fixed the major bugs that were effecting playability.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
killerking

myth 3 melee

Post by killerking »

Allright, I just found out that the myth 3 heron gaurds suck when they're vetted. And the masterpackmage is an unfair guy, he steals the tain but then doesn't use it! What an jackass.

Killerking.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

vinylrake wrote:
William Wallet wrote:Honestly?

Accounts from the principles portrays a team of mostly die-hard-mythers excited about workinng on the next installmentof the Myth series who were crushed and who felt extremely conflicted at not being able to tell the community what Take2 was doing in releasing untested software as a finished product. Blame 'the man', not the fans working on the project.

If you want an example, the lead programmer -AFTER HE WAS FIRED/LAID OFF - continued to work ON HIS OWN TIME AND HIS OWN DIME and actually released a post release patch that fixed the major bugs that were effecting playability.

Well, to be fair I was thinking more of 'the suits' trying to test it on a Colour Classic.... but that's no-never-mind. I do feel for anyone who got figuratively fucked during the making of Myth 3, but it doesn't really take away from the fact that it stank.