Bungie unit models

Talk about anything here.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I wouldn't take him judging us as 'worthy' or not so personally... if anything else, he probably just wanted to be sure that any project the models were being used on would be worth the risk of getting in trouble.

I honestly can't imagine who would prosecute over the models, seriously :/

It'd be like Juan Ramirez going bonkers because his illustrations have been used in so many plugins. I suppose he *could* do it, but why the hell would he?

Anyway.
I've mailed CIK at the address from which I last heard from him. Who knows if he'll see it.

So many Myth curiosities have been preserved thus far... it would be a damn shame for the models to have not been saved in plenty of locations.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

:::Prays to Wyrd that they are still out there and surface:::
Peach Out
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

*amen*
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

:::Offers Peaches to Wyrd to please him:::

:::Lights peach scented candles at the alter:::
Peach Out
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hmmm.... the e-mail I had was his busybsoftware address. Anyone have anything more current?

Surely these models still exist!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Well... I've e-mailed and PM'd him. No reply....

So is there anyone else we can petition on this? :/
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Like TakeTwo would give 2 Craps about the source code being leaked. Hell, they probably don't even know Myth exists.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

You're probably right.

This is a bit infuriating... I'm out of ideas. There wouldn't be much point going after the original 3D artists, would there?
Heh.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

It's a shame so much drama, personal bickering, and absolutely acting like a shameless whore have polluted the Myth Community. I suppose it's one of the reasons the community is so small and was fractured for so long.

Blades certainly didn't so ANYONE any favors by the way he acted. (as for the rest of you...)

Personally, this game has been dropped to the wind, and I would as much just wish caution be damned, and loose the files freely onto the interwebs.

Yes, we know Take 2 sucks, and they're dicks.

Yes we know the people left in this community are scarred by DRAMA.

But come on, it's been ...10 years now? I doubt Take 2 even knows if anyone body has the files. Hell, I don't even know who has them. Frankly, I question what assets Take 2 has regarding Myth:TFL and Myth 2. Is there some kind of warehouse full of the production art, and archaic Hard Drives and DVD's, and Data tapes full of all the production materials? I mean, what's even left? A scratched up set of CD's at the bottom of a shoebox tossed in with a crumbled napkin drawing of a Zerk?

We all know the reality. For the most part outside of the community DRAMA, people have been fairly level headed. But the game is Dead. Dead Dead Dead Dead. Dead Dead Dead Dead. It's Dead. At least some good could be done by sharing the assets for a last hurrah, or at least potential G-Mod Dickery. :D
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Cobalt 7 wrote: But the game is Dead. Dead Dead Dead Dead. Dead Dead Dead Dead. It's Dead. At least some good could be done by sharing the assets for a last hurrah, or at least potential G-Mod Dickery.
EXACTLY.

Is anyone in Myth on good enough terms with Blades to at least talk this topic over with him?
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

William Wallet wrote:
Cobalt 7 wrote: But the game is Dead. Dead Dead Dead Dead. Dead Dead Dead Dead. It's Dead. At least some good could be done by sharing the assets for a last hurrah, or at least potential G-Mod Dickery.
EXACTLY.

Is anyone in Myth on good enough terms with Blades to at least talk this topic over with him?
Some of the old PMAs would be your best bet.
remedial

Post by remedial »

This is a point that will probably lend nothing to solving this problem, but I guess its worth it:

But remember the swineherd unit? I realize that this was released not too long after Myth 2 hit the shelves, and its origins may be untraceable. But something about the awkward/sloppy animations and unfinished fearing seemed to imply that someone was just messing around with the existing M2 models. (The Peasant/ Pig models in this case.)

Does anyone remember anything about Bungie's explanation for this and does it provide any clues? (All I can remember was that it was posted on the right menu bar of their ancient .net)

Eh, then again, the models were definitely still laying around at Bungie Studios way back then. Nevermind!
Baak

Post by Baak »

<sidebar>
remedial wrote:But remember the swineherd unit? I realize that this was released not too long after Myth 2 hit the shelves, and its origins may be untraceable. But something about the awkward/sloppy animations and unfinished fearing seemed to imply that someone was just messing around with the existing M2 models. (The Peasant/ Pig models in this case.)
For anyone interested, I reworked this unit and filled in the Fear gaps in case you're ever into playing it. We (the OoH) have had some serious fun with them. The updated tagset substitutes them for stampede units and I gave them back their Axe Attack (it's awesome when it hits!), a better looking death sequence (unfinished as you mentioned), and even gave them a taunt (it's rude looking and very funny imo).

Now back to the topic at hand.

</sidebar>
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Fear of take2's wrath is what has kept things like this being added:

A. Increased amounts of people on the map at 1 time, the limit has allways been 400+. thats pretty whimpy for an RTS game.

B. Increased numbers of projectiles, with more people fighting at one time more projectiles also need to be added, since more blood would flow and more things like arrows and body parts would be flying through the air.

C. being able to zoom the camera out further = more view distance.

The reasoning has been that changes such as these, allthough VERY SIMPLE to make, would increase the system specs required to play the game and thus be, somthing take2 wouldnt like (if they ever cared or noticed).

There really isnt a way to prove whether systems specs have been changed or not, BUT im sure if you tried to play mazz demise when there are the maximum number of enemies on the screen, fire all over the place and shit exploding/large amounts of projectiles flying around, that the original myth 2 system specs would be WAY too weak to play it at more then 1 FPS (Grabs original myth 2 soulblighter box)

PC specs are:

133 MHZ pentium processer (200 mhz reccommended)
32 Megabytes system RAM
High color 16 bit video card (when i played tfl i had a 2 meg video card, so i would imagine that a 4 meg video card would be what is recommended)

Mac specs are:

100 Mhz PowerPC 601 processer (120 Mhz PowerPC 604 processer recommended)
32 megs system RAM.
16- bit (thousands) color at 640X480

Now try playing mazz 6 or any other large action having tons of effects/enemies plugin or map and tell me they still meet these puny systems specs.

The people making the choice to do or not do things deserve a lot of respect for their hard work and dedication over the years, and they make their choices based on good faith and logic.

I just dont agree with the limiting nature (from a map maker's point of view) of this logic, BUT i respect it and them.

It would be great if we could get higher numbers of stuff going on for myth in terms of the size of armys that can fight each other and the amount of carnage that can be simulated. This also would make myth more modern looking and attract more people that like thousands of people in armys killing each other at the same time. It WOULDNT replace the small squad tactics that make myth MYTHY, but it would be a nice welcome addition.

this post was made in as respectfull a manner as i can, any insult is purely a phantom of your own mind and not my intention whatsoever.

-Renwood
Peach Out
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Cobalt 7 wrote:It's a shame so much drama, personal bickering, and absolutely acting like a shameless whore have polluted the Myth Community.

(as for the rest of you...)

Yes we know the people left in this community are scarred by DRAMA.

We all know the reality. For the most part outside of the community DRAMA, people have been fairly level headed.
Drama is powerless without those that give attention to it.