Few added feature requests - 1.5.1 or future

Talk about anything here.
RZA

Post by RZA »

I have a couple requests for the next update of Myth. They are just suggestions, so if its impossible to achieve...then so be it.

1.) Add the PRASP and EB Maps to the game. While these are official Bungie maps, they are seldom played because they are not standards. Sure many people have the plugins, but if it is officially part of the game, we all know that the play frequency will increase. We need more every day variety of "new" maps and I believe that these quality maps would be the ones to do it with.

2.) Add the TFL Multiplayer Maps[/B} Same as above. Sure you can find carnage and mudpit games, but not often. These are classics that just hit you when you play them. Making them complete official standards would only make the multiplayer experience more diverse and enjoyable.

3.) A "2 team game" checkbox for FFA maps with central starting locations. While there are not too many...mainly Spiderweb and Grave...with this checked it will eliminate the chance at a central start. Of course you can leave it unchecked if you want a challenge or randomness, but in a tournament situation it could be a good option. No more rehosts or fighting on predetermined terrain. Also, you could make it so no other people in the game can have units with this box checked.

Those are just off the top of my head...tell me what you think. I don't really know how easy it would be, and i realize adding the bungie/tfl maps would make the download bigger...but I think the players playing now are diehards and would do it for the increased standard map selection.

I have a film of a ball getting stuck on stb Proving Grounds for no apparent reason...the fire bug was fixed but I don't know what caused this. No big deal but some sort of bug.

peace,

theRZA
JimmyMcSpoon

Post by JimmyMcSpoon »

The only thing I'd like to see in 1.5.1 that we don't have already is scaling up the lobby. On Mac, anyway, we have the option of switching resolutions, which makes the lobby full sized with the screen resolution at 640x480 but makes things really messed up if you Cmd-Tab or not switching resolutions which makes the lobby into a small square in the center of the screen.

It seems like that could be a bit tricky. I imagine it might be easier to double the pixels, but that would be too big for 1024x786. I dunno, it would be sort of nice but not worth a whole lot of work. Fixing OOS issues and crashes are what's important to me.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

New Mythers are still joining. I have a friend on a 56k modem who couldn't ever dl all the other Bungie maps in one go. A .zip that had all the PRASP maps would be good tho.

Wtf do PRASP and EB stand for? I've never even SEEN an EB map
brokencow

Post by brokencow »

Simple list

1) Fix the buffer overide

2) Fix the messed up terries scoring

3) Get rid of the cancel button for when matches end, cause everyone cancels and games have to rehost. Replace with a 20 second auto cancel if it delays.

4) Make it so that all game types you can check perm and all dmg/kill/losses stats, since some gametypes hide your losses etc (i think stampede and others)

Those are just my suggestions, thanks.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

EB stands for Electronics Boutique (A game store, usually in malls)where if you preordered myth 2 you could get a CD containing the extra maps.
grim

Post by grim »

DO not get rid of the cancel button. I'm not sure what game is bc playing but you don't have to rehost if someone cancels.
:-)