Myth II 1.7 Final

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Myth II 1.7 Final

Post by Myrd »

Myth II 1.7 Final is now available.

http://tain.totalcodex.net/mythii/updates

Detail textures for the standard Myth II solos and multis can be downloaded here:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/b ... p-textures

High-resolution Quicktime cutscenes that can be used with Myth II 1.7 can be downloaded here:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... -cutscenes
killerking

Re: Myth II 1.7 Final

Post by killerking »

Thanks! But why is the osx version 10 mb bigger?
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

you should be used to paying a premium to use a mac ;)
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
seis

Post by seis »

I came here to post a serious bug and I find it's been released... ha. Shame on you guys for requiring registration to report bugs; that's what kept me.

Anyway, if anyone cares, when starting games with plugins my computer will inexplicably restart. This makes playing 1.7 akin to Russian roulette. These crashes are the hardest I've ever seen. No kernel panic. Nothing in the logs. Just a hard reset, like someone just killed the power or something. It's always in games with plugins (Mazz, Uban Recon, and others) and the crash always occurs just as the host starts the game, when the loading bar would usually appear. I'd say 1 out of every 20 games randomly results in a crash. Never had this problem in 1.6.

2.16GHz MBP Core Duo, 1.5GB, 10.5.7

Edit: It would also be nice if map scaling was persistent, because I have to resize it in every game. Just store the appropriate scale factor somewhere.
Last edited by seis on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tirri

Post by tirri »

clicking the map when you're holding shift key does nothing, map used to work fine while holding shift down.

this is annoying when you're selecting units, then want to select more units some place else and can't keep holding shift. sure you can stop pressing shift, then click map and then use shift again but it's pretty annoying.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

seis wrote:I came here to post a serious bug and I find it's been released... ha. Shame on you guys for requiring registration to report bugs; that's what kept me.

Anyway, if anyone cares, when starting games with plugins my computer will inexplicably restart. This makes playing 1.7 akin to Russian roulette. These crashes are the hardest I've ever seen. No kernel panic. Nothing in the logs. Just a hard reset, like someone just killed the power or something. It's always in games with plugins (Mazz, Uban Recon, and others) and the crash always occurs just as the host starts the game, when the loading bar would usually appear. I'd say 1 out of every 20 games randomly results in a crash. Never had this problem in 1.6.

2.16GHz MBP Core Duo, 1.5GB, 10.5.7
This sounds like a hardware problem. I hope you got the extended warranty.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

tirri wrote:clicking the map when you're holding shift key does nothing, map used to work fine while holding shift down.

this is annoying when you're selecting units, then want to select more units some place else and can't keep holding shift. sure you can stop pressing shift, then click map and then use shift again but it's pretty annoying.
This is due to the new overhead map resizing feature (shift click and drag the map). It's been like that since 1.7 Public Beta 2. You should have said something earlier, maybe we could have made it an option in prefs.
Killswitch

Fear 1.7 crashes while creating detail maps/textures

Post by Killswitch »

Since the PB2 Bug Reporting thread is now locked, I'm assuming this is the place the post newly discovered bugs.

If I try to create a new detail map in Fear, Fear will crash.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Launch Fear
2) Double clip the 'detail maps' folder from Tags
3) Go to File > New Tag
4) Enter name of new tag. Hit Save.
5) Fear will crash.

Result: Fear makes a 'detail maps' folder in the local folder. It also starts to create a tag for my new detail map, but crashes after writing the myth header (64 bytes). The myth_log says nothing except all the 'patch' files were loaded (but doesn't mention 1.5 Unity or 1.7 Templates being loaded).

This crash happens on both a PPC and Intel Mac.
PPC Specs: 2x2.0 G5, 10.4.11, ATI Radeon 9600
Mac Pro specs: 2x2.8 Xeon, 10.5.5, Nvidia Geforce 8800GT

BTW, I didn't read anything in the new documentation about the new 'detail maps' feature. Is there a 'proper' and/or better way to create detail maps?

Edit: Also, Fear is crashing when trying to create 'detail textures' tags. Similar steps to reproduce, same results as above (64 byte file only).
Last edited by Killswitch on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Yeah don't try to use Fear to do that. It doesn't support detail maps / detail textures.

We will release a beta of a new tool called Oak in a week or two, which is used to create and apply detail textures to maps. For now, you'll have to wait.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Myrd wrote:We will release a beta of a new tool called Oak in a week or two, which is used to create and apply detail textures to maps. For now, you'll have to wait.
mmmmm, beta goodness all around. I love that new-code smell. Thanks myrd
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

tirri wrote:clicking the map when you're holding shift key does nothing, map used to work fine while holding shift down.

I agree.

And i did say something earlier in the PB2 thread.
Aki wrote:Shift key to change map size is extremely annoying.

Aside from shift key being an overused key, when you shift drag select and mouse goes over the map, the map will resize.
Italicized text was fixed, bold wasn't.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Frankly 'annoying' and 'overused' do not qualify as genuine 'bugs'. If you'd come up with a suggestion as an alternative, it might have made it in.

You guys all missed the boat. Too lazy to register on a forum. Send an email to myrd maybe then? Pitiful excuse. :(
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Yea, only way things can be done if a large assortment of people test these issues.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Melekor wrote:
Autumn Demon wrote:when you shift drag select and mouse goes over the map, the map will resize.
Thanks for the report, it definitely should not be doing that.
See Autumn, you were heard, as for the other issue maybe no one really understood what your issue really was until now that you explained it better.
seis

Post by seis »

Graydon wrote:You guys all missed the boat. Too lazy to register on a forum. Send an email to myrd maybe then? Pitiful excuse. :(
Next time I would suggest making it clear that myrd would be the one to contact, as his name/email was never even mentioned. Bug reports were specifically directed here.

Another bug: join a game, have the host change the map to something from a plugin you don't have. The tain dialog will come up, but sometimes after clicking the arrow you won't be able to click the close button. This leaves you stuck in the game until the host boots you.