Help please its been 6 years!

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
heathen00

Help please its been 6 years!

Post by heathen00 »

hello there.
i have read many posts and tried all the links. my problem is my original myth cd is corrupted somehow and will not install. I have tried oh so many times to download the 1.7 demo from both mirrors and the download just wont complete, it times out. ive spent 3 days trying other sites and downloading older demos and trying the updaters to no avail. what do i have to/can i do to get a working version of this game i can use on marius.net. please any input/ideas would be huge help. :oops:
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Help please its been 6 years!

Post by Melekor »

If it keeps timing out halfway through the transfer, your internet connection probably has some problems. You can work around that by using program that supports resuming downloads. On Windows, GetRight is a good one. Dunno about Mac, but I'm sure they exist. Firefox also supports resuming downloads within a single session.
heathen00

Post by heathen00 »

Thanks for your help! I was able to do a small install from my garbage cd finally,and also updated to 1.7. unfortunately i think all my lag issues in games and chat are from having to load from the cd. am i right about that? i seem to be timing out of games loading too. unfortunately im flat broke and cant really buy a new version of the game.
if there is a workaround or some more good comments you can give me i would greatly be in debt to you...... :mrgreen:
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

You can find cheap copies on eBay or Amazon. Do a large install since that way you don't have to load anything from the CD. If you can't run the installer, you could try copy/pasting the "tags" folder from the CD to your Myth II folder. Your lag out issues will make you lag out of games. Has your connection always been like this? Or perhaps you have some sort of virus/malware issue that is eating up your bandwidth?

Other questions might be answered by the Myth Starter Guide.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

heathen00 wrote:Thanks for your help! I was able to do a small install from my garbage cd finally,and also updated to 1.7. unfortunately i think all my lag issues in games and chat are from having to load from the cd. am i right about that? i seem to be timing out of games loading too. unfortunately im flat broke and cant really buy a new version of the game.
if there is a workaround or some more good comments you can give me i would greatly be in debt to you...... :mrgreen:
So you got 1.7 working, but now you are getting lag in multiplayer? That would not be caused by having to load from the CD. Most likely it would be caused by a poor internet connection, the same reason you were having trouble with your downloads timing out as you mentioned in your first post.

As for what you can do about it, well, as Pyro said, make sure you don't have any malware hogging your cpu and bandwidth. After that, the next step would be complaining to your ISP, maybe your modem is dying or something.
ozone

Post by ozone »

Also make sure you dont have too many splitters on the cable lines. For sometime I was getting dropped and my connect would be laggy so I called the cable company and they had me disconnect the splitter and go right into the cable modem. The problem hasnt happened since.
heathen00

Post by heathen00 »

thanks for the info guys. i think my connection is ok, as i can play wow fine(if i wanted too). i will get a new copy of myth for the large install as soon as i can. if the problem persists i will complain to my isp and maybe get a tech out here. in the mean time maybe ill try a defrag and then virus scan again. thanks for the help!
:P
heathen00

Post by heathen00 »

Turns out that i had too install Myth2 on a different pc, copy the missing tags to a zip drive. and add the missing tags.I wonder whats wrong with my pc . anyhow thanks for the tips! It got me back to loading fast and i hardly ever crash in games now.
Thanks For The Info! :mrgreen:
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

heathen00 wrote:to a zip drive
O_O
heathen00

Post by heathen00 »

external usb storage device :shock:
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Old Sk00l yo. They're going out of style, just like the CD and DVD.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Graydon wrote:Old Sk00l yo. They're going out of style, just like the CD and DVD.
/doesn't even have a DVD burner.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD