Duff bomb duds - Duff bomb duds

Talk about anything here.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Hey guy's seeing as you have control over the Myth engine could you mb do something about all the duds duff's are throwing? I remember reading about 1 of the updates that their would be more duds and bombs would bounce more. Here is the thing I have been keeping track of all the duds my duffs throw. It is about 40% man that is alot. It has gotten me so frustrated I can hardly stand it. Duffs have been making bombs for atleat 100 yrs you think they would have it figured out pretty good by now. Mb 10% duds max 20% would be more realistic. I am about to the point not to even use duffs anymore cause they are so unrealiable. So please please I beg you make it more like it would be after 100yrs of making duff bombs. Bombs should be pretty much dud free.

Thank you, Sam
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Sam, that would be like a gun with unlimited ammo, always firing. That would screw up the "gameplay" so many people are stressed about and strategy.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

If duds are really throwing 40% duds then it is a bug (not a feature) and we'd need to see evidence of it in the form of a film. All the testing of duds that we've done since 1.4 have shown it to be close to 10% which is where it should be. That's not to say you can't throw 6 duds in a row - its that over a lot of throws on average you'll get around 10% dudding. The exception is if its raining or snowing as they can extinguish the bottles.

So please, upload a film showing a dudding problem on the bug tracker (linked from the Myth 2 Project page) and we'll gladly look into it.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Sam The Butcher

I understand the effects of gameplay, but 40% duds? I mean wtf thats alot. Wouldn't it be more realistic though with less duds. (seeing how they been making them so long) Cause pretty much if you are gonna use a duff now it better not be at a crucial moment cause he may fail. I have lost so many fights because of duds. I've led the enemies to clump readed my duff and and the bastard throws a dud. So now I am overwhelmed with enemies and lose. Duff was a waste of points. If you can't use a duff stratigically with some realiability what good is he. Just to clean up some thralls? Sure there should be some duds leave some chance and luck involved, but not so many. If bombs were more realiable like mb 85-90% good ones, ppl would be able to adjust there strats and game play. I dont see how it is helpful to have a totaly unrealiable unit. Locks dont have fireballs that just fizzle out, Fetch don't have lightening that just sparks alittle and thats it. I am asking again ppl at Magma please please make duffs more realistic and realiable.

Thanks Sam
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

No, bungie designed them to have 10% duds and that's how they should be. If you're really seeing 40% then please send us films.
Sam The Butcher

Well I guess if it is set to only 10% duds mb I am just having a bad run. I dont really have any films to send you but if it continues I will send the films in. Thanks
Archer

Post by Archer »

Not to mention that the dwarves are meant to be an unreliable unit. They're just another superunit in Myth II, but in Myth 1 they were true forces of chaos.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Dio

Post by Dio »

Archer? TFL's old Decimus? Just wondering.
Diomedes
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
Archer

Post by Archer »

Nope. I think I went by Shadownet until I picked up the pseudonym Archer in '99 or so.

~J
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

So you're not the Archer who used to post on the Asylum?
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

BTW, the 40% duds...

you were playing on a normal map? or one with snow, rain, water,...
Sam The Butcher

Normal map no rain or snow. It seems like the duds happen more in the heat of a battle. I sat and threw bombs in a game bymyself they were better than 40% but not 10. Then in some games with enemies approaching they threw more duds. I am kinda watching it more to see if there is something that affects if bomb will be dud.
Archer

Post by Archer »

iron wrote:So you're not the Archer who used to post on the Asylum?
Almost certainly not. Sorry to disappoint you.

~J
SneakAttack

Post by SneakAttack »

Dorfs a super unit? :0 That's why getting 6 archers and all melee and puss works on gimble is it? :p
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Heh, no not disappointed - just wondering how many Archers there are out there :)