US-version of myth tfl on european computer?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Balor's Nephew

US-version of myth tfl on european computer?

Post by Balor's Nephew »

Hello,
I bought a us-version of myth tfl, for in the german version I own, there is no voiceover in the game and the music in the cutscenes doesn't exist (it is the retail version, not a cracked thing).
So I installed the english version of the game on my pc. Everytime when I try to start it, the game throws me back to the desktop without a message. I figured out that it's obviously a problem with the file "tags.gor". If I copy/paste the german "tags.gor" into the english installation, the game works, but it is a mix of the two versions.
Is there a restriction for non-english pcs?
haravikk
Site Admin

Re: US-version of myth tfl on european computer?

Post by haravikk »

What version is the US app compared with the German one? It's possible the German version of TFL shipped with patches already applied, since the US release will have come out first.

In any event, you probably want to try the updates here. If you still can't get it to work let us know, though you can also actually play TFL in Myth 2 v1.7 by grabbing a copy of the Fallen Levels (also from that link), and playing them in vTFL mode.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Eddaweaver

Re: US-version of myth tfl on european computer?

Post by Eddaweaver »

Did you do a complete installation and not a small installation?

Try changing the active langauge from de to en.