Redicilous TFL gameplay in Myth 2

Talk about anything here.
Boris

Post by Boris »

Since 1.5 there are allot of bounces on puss and dwarf bottles. If you ctrl click almost always does a dwarf bottle bounce.

Also when dwarves die they always drop a bottle and sometimes even drop a lighted 2nd bottle which makes your complete army die and this isn't when he was just about to throw but also even spaced they do this.

Fix this in the next update, people quit TFL for a reason.

Also the TFL melee system is kinda dumb considering 50% of the units behind the fighting ones are just walking around.

I won't start on the increased dud rate since you'll just deny it, but there are allot of duds.
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Thanks for sharing your opinions.
Mauglir
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Lol, complaining about how vtfl is too much like tfl is the wierdest thing ive ever heard, if people had fought mellees like they do in myth arrows wouldve been prefered because standing that close together you wont get a hard enough hit to break through armor
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Heh, I think he's talking about myth 2 gameplay. As Maug said, he's welcome to his opinion. Suffice to say that tons of testing done by many people has failed to prove that duds happen any more often than in 1.3. Also, melee is how it was in 1.3 - Boris you're welcome to fire up 1.3 to see for yourself if you like. Units walking to and fro behind a melee battle was _introduced_ by Bungie in Myth 2. In TFL (and vTFL) they'd pick a direction and keep walking around the fight until they circled the enemy flank. We had some very experienced Myth 2 players testing 1.5 and none of them had a problem with the melee.

You don't help your case by exaggerating. "When dwarves die they _always_ drop a bottle". Give me a break. The dropping of bottles on death is controlled by the foundation tags - the "dwarf death" tag in particular, which was not modified at all in 1.4 or 1.5. If you open Fear and look at it, you'll see that there's a 1 in 4 chance of 0 to 2 unlit bottles being dropped, and a 1 in 10 chance of a lit bottle.

In short, its easy to think there's bugs and even easier to bitch about it and say "fix it". If you disagree with what I've said and are certain there's bugs then I encourage you to do a little research. Fire up 1.3 and see how melee is different. Kill a bunch of dwarves in 1.3 and 1.5 and count the number of bottles. Others have done this (including us) but if you're not prepared to back up your claims then you really can't expect to be taken seriously.

Edited By iron on 1093910155
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
lank

Post by lank »

in all honesty i prefer the 1.4 melee. fix it. :p
*toot*
JimmyMcSpoon

Post by JimmyMcSpoon »

I'd like to add that no typo makes me want to gouge my eyes out more than 'rediculous.'
lank

Post by lank »

::seconds that::

maybe others would make me cringe more, but i don't want to think about such things deserving of ridicule.
*toot*
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

How about using "then" when meaning to say "than"? Or how about "definately"?
Or how about just fixing 1.5 so that _I_ always win?:laugh: javascript:%20InstaSmilie()
make something idiot proof and they will just make a better idiot
lank

Post by lank »

no, then<=>than is annoying, but not nearly as bad. "definately" is certainly worse then that. i guess it's on par with the ridiculous misspelling of "ridiculous". :)

nay. fix 1.5 so that everything that can detonates when any key is held down for more than 30 seconds! muahahaha! :p
*toot*
JimmyMcSpoon

Post by JimmyMcSpoon »

lank wrote:nay. fix 1.5 so that everything that can detonates when any key is held down for more than 30 seconds! muahahaha! :p

It just stuck me like a bolt of lightening. The most awesome idea for a Myth total conversion ever: Lemmings. Too bad it would never work, some kind of mixing the gameplay styles. You'd need to be able to have people fall off cliffs and real 3d terrain with overhangs. Plus radical terrain deformation is so integral.
lank

Post by lank »

that would be awesome, but you're right that it'd be impossible with this engine.

maybe someday...

don't know what you'd do about the swarm of lemmings if you had a 3d terrain for them to wander in randomly... would they all go in a random line, or would they spread out, or what? :0
*toot*
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

There already has been a 3D lemmings game.
lank

Post by lank »

ah, yes. i remember now. :)

never saw it, so i don't have the fainted clue how they did it.

i guess the closest myth thing to lemmings is stampede.
*toot*
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

how about lemmings in the worms engine?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Heh, to hell with it all I'm sticking with 1.4 - it has appletalk so Cid and I can play occasionally.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em