Requiem of the dead - Beta 01

Talk about anything here.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

If youre into Mazzarins Demise, and youre up for helping test a new map thats set up to play similiar to Mazz then please feel free to Download > > > Requiem of the Dead Beta 01.exe < < <

Its a self extracting file, (since some of you folks seem to have problems uncompressing my .SITs), Basically it *should* be very near completion, with pre/post games, music, script, units, cmap tweaks etc all in place and functioning.

Basically I need to see if the > 8 player script works, ie extra player units appear, script adjusts so that more enemies appear and more often with more players present, if the waves are balanced, no units getting stuck, other misbehaviours, etc.

Beyond that if nothing rears its ugly head, I am just waiting to get the hang of using some of the new Map Making functions to add a little more "oomph!" to Requiem.

Any and all help would be appreciated, send any films or comments / bugs to me at angloshok@msn.com with "Requiem" in the subject line.

Thanks again for any and all help. :o)
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
JimmyMcSpoon

Post by JimmyMcSpoon »

Some people will also have trouble with your .exe file, e.i. anyone with a Mac. Given the large number of Macheads on Myth, you might consider offering a zip or sit lest we bite your head off.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Aye GHOST...you know better than that! :P How did you manage to upload without going on hotline? Nobody seems to have seen you :-o Unless that's your HL?
fear

Post by fear »

love to help ya, but need the .zip file to become a finished upload. Shows its not finished. I can't grab the .exe because I'm on a mac.
"Be Yourself, Screw Reputation"
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Sorry about that folks, I just assumed a self extracting file created with stuffit would work for anyone. :o(

My bad. :o(

Follow the link to a .zip version of this beta . . .

> > > Requiem of the Dead Beta 01.zip < < <
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
fear

Post by fear »

I'll play it and get back to ya on it ghost, cause you know me, I don't stop on your maps till I beat them..
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Yeah, it's on Mac!

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Better go get some friends to cover your back then Fear. ;o)

Seriously though, any outside testing would be great, Im not sure I have the balance right or if its just an overwhelming mob ;op

I need to get on and get some larger coop games of it going.

SooNâ„¢ mb.

Edited By GHOST® on 1081472741
teepens

Post by teepens »

I sent you an email, G. hopefully you got it, I'll definately join in for some large coop games, I could only get so far on me own on Heroic (suicidal) :-P
fear

Post by fear »

I tried it and found solo you must use all units :D

but anyone who knows me knows I am a ww2 player and like minimal units, so I grabbed a pathfinder and mazz and got raped eventually. Tried getting more people to download it to get some big co-ops of it, but everyone I talked to was being lazy or wanted to keep trying to figure out how to beat Throne of the Lich King ;\
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Heh, cool Fear. :o)

As for getting others to play, it is Easter weekend, I figure most things Myth will slack off until next week, however CP and I are gonna get a game or 2 on tonight about 11pm est if you can still sneak to your computer after bed time ?? J/K ;op

However if you can make it great, the more the merrier obviously, plus if enough players, I can just sit back and observe, see what I can find myself that I overlooked mb. ;o)

PeriL, Email recieved. I am considering options, as this is the same behaviour they had in Mazz. Currently I just made it so they didnt `zerk out anymore. Was this a Giant Myrk, or a Small Myrk ??

Edited By GHOST® on 1081547013
fear

Post by fear »

I played solo again and made it 45 minutes into it on timid :p

the damn wraiths killed me tho.. I've told about 5 people now sitting in unranked lobby and we all about to play it. I'll post again with results, bugs, ect.. Love the new look :)
fear

Post by fear »

I'll try to make the 11pm EST test.. Should be able too. Mb not tho..

ok.. minor bugs, suggestions ghost..

From other people in the game..

#1 - More roots.. the army on norm kicked our asses when it hit around 35 minutes. We had no heals..

#2 - Make the trees blow up faster. Takes some effort as is now to blow them up.

#3 - Make enemy fireballs dodge less. (as in, dodging your own shots)

#4 - Suggestion- Make enemy fireballs cause area damage. As in, if a thrall walks by it, it gets damaged.(Dunno if this can be done or not, but I think its a good suggestion.)

And thats all we got from a 35 min game. Had 5 players, but 1 dropped about 5-6 min in cuz he had to go. I like it ghost, but one of the people in the group said there's no way someone can last 100 minutes like the original mazz map.. I disagree with that though.

GJ on the map.. Another great map popped out by magma.. Appreciate everything you guys do and will always be here to lend a hand if needed :)

PS. Forgot to say this in earlier post.. Good to see ya online again Ghost.. *kiks ghost in nutz* B I S H !

Edited By fear on 1081552307
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

i claim the suggestion from #4 :p

i was in the game and the lack of roots is indeed the biggest problem, for my first (and only) tree i used a mort special bulls eye on it, and then i still had to trow like 10 dwarven bottles against it to get 1 lousy root out of it :(

(maybe make the heron manna get back faster)

and about #3, i found the dodging by arcs and souls more annoying since they have longer range then electroballs, and are harder to dodge then fireballs...

so if you are able to do that #4, they can keep the same dodging ability for all i care, but make the arcs and souls a bit easier
teepens

Post by teepens »

GHOST: It was a small krid, I didn't see any big krids yet. Damn yer evil! ;o)

Anyway, I'd love to join you and CP then, GHOST, but I'll probably be hanging out with a few buddies. Play some good ol' RISK. I hope CP gets a chance to see latest Dakota CM first, though :)