Myth Experts Problem

Talk about anything here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Myth Experts Problem

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Great plugin by the way, I'm working on beating all of them. I think it would be awesome to play this plugin with different tagsets, but when I put in any plugin, the dwarf is always a dwarf. Like reversal, it should be a fetch, but its a dwarf. The arcs turn to souls, warriors to thrall, and the enemies change too.

Any chance at getting this fixed? I wouldn't mind if it were any other unit, but since you get a fetch instead, and get to use it on coop, I want it :D

Also, would other tagsets vet the same way? Like I'm sure all the units would vet up to hero status in reversal, since they are included in the regular myth engine, but would say, tsg units or ww2 units do the same?
BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: Myth Experts Problem

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Oh, TSG doesn't work with myth experts. Also, every time a game restarts, the plugin always turns off. It defaults back to the regular myth map instead of just saying on the plugin experts map. I don't see why this would do that?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Cant help with the second post, not sure what's up with that, but I can explain why some units dont change with certain tagsets. The fault is not in the Experts plugin, but in the tagset's preparation for use with the Expoerts plug. Presumably we can't blame the authors of the tagsets though, since the Experts plugin didnt exist yet.

To fix the problem you'd have to jump into a little mapmaking.

The process involves extracting tags from the tagset to a local folder.

Then hex editing the plugin you want your modified tagset to work with.

Then do some changes in fear with the tags themselves, and build a new tagset plugin.

If you feel you wish to endeavour on this process, post back and myself or another can give a much more in depth explanation of the how tos. Don't just ask for someone to do it for you though, that'd be lame.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

I tried telling him that experts was better before he changed the units, because I was having fun putting tagsets on, but now its like mazz and dorfs wil throw so fast that they can blow themselves up with a chain of bottles too close together.

Meh. Experts has potential.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

i'm up to stair of grief now. its going to be super hard since the soulless are scripted differently here, and theres no easy way to take care of them so far. i also noticed that jmen turn tfl style. i didnt notice it until through the ermine actually, not sure if it was doing it on any other maps either.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

but yeah the dwarfs do throw too fast, i only control click with them and spacebar in between.
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

How do the Soulless in Experts have such a great attack range? I extracted and checked the tags and the Soulless's max attack range is set to the default 20, but it seems more like 40 world units. I played the plugin only on "Impossible" difficulty.

Is there something other than Fear that modifies attack range?
Last edited by ThreeTigerSilverWind on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Did you check the attack's maximum range in the attack window instead of the value shown in the monster tag?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Also, check the projectile the souless are throwing... It may have adjusted object tags and physics that make it "lighter", so they can actually throw much further than the specified range. Similiar in a sense to how ww2 RPG works, where you can attack half the distance and it goes twice that far.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

soulless are the worst part to deal with. your arc heroes can be good, but the soulless outnumber you several times to one and usually camp on hills. the rest of it is definitely manageable. my stair of grief game ended with 2 red mauls left, and i only had 1 dwarf, which was being mauled at the same time. but the jman jumped in, without leaving his perch, striking down the 1-hit red maul, which led to a dwarven pirouette, toss, and sui-kill for the win. 0% remaining, Victory. Epic.
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

Pyro wrote:Did you check the attack's maximum range in the attack window instead of the value shown in the monster tag?
Yes, the value is set to 20 for both the longest range and maximum range in the monster window and attack window.
Graydon wrote:Also, check the projectile the souless are throwing... It may have adjusted object tags and physics that make it "lighter", so they can actually throw much further than the specified range. Similiar in a sense to how ww2 RPG works, where you can attack half the distance and it goes twice that far.
I checked the "soulless javelin" projectile and that tag was not modified in the plugin.

The author may have somehow modified the "game setup"; on the highest difficulty level ("Impossible") the soulless seem to throw much faster, much farther and inflict far greater damage than on regular Legendary. Not sure how he did that though.
BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:soulless are the worst part to deal with. your arc heroes can be good, but the soulless outnumber you several times to one and usually camp on hills. the rest of it is definitely manageable. my stair of grief game ended with 2 red mauls left, and i only had 1 dwarf, which was being mauled at the same time. but the jman jumped in, without leaving his perch, striking down the 1-hit red maul, which led to a dwarven pirouette, toss, and sui-kill for the win. 0% remaining, Victory. Epic.
The soulless slaughter my troops in the Down a Broken Path, Gonen's Bridge and Stair of Grief levels.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

What Gray mention would be in the object tag used by that projectile. So compare the original with the one that plugin might be using.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I have just started Ibis Crown. I'll be delayed as I just had some injections and work done to my clicking hand, so out of action for a week or so. Btw to clarify: I do save, but I only save the very opening scene of every map. I play the entire map through, not saving halfway in between and not starting at saved 'checkpoints.'
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Ok so Ibis Crown appears to be unbeatable, having to rush 3 jmen into 40 arcs, and if you survive that, you go to the big room, where there are roughly 70 myrks, with light units that spawn and kill them, but everything attacks you. Its literally impossible to beat. Now I can't even open my saved game, i go to open it and it goes right back to the main screen, wtf?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Try it again and when it goes to the menu, just quit Myth and copy/paste the log onto here.